• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

According to Braverman I'm deficient in everything (?)

braverman dopamine serotonin gaba acetylcholine personality anxiety ocd

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve-22

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

Took Dr. Braverman's quiz. I understand this was a hot topic few years ago. I originally took this one but due to some glitch with Firefox it didn't display the results at the very end. Instead, I printed out this shorter version of questionnaire found here.

Scores: 

• Dopamine - 22
  • Serotonin - 19
  • GABA - 16
  • ACh - 16

Personal issues: Anxiety, panic, social anxiety, social withdrawal, pessimistic, racing thoughts, constant thinking, extreme guilt and self-awareness, shiness, self-centered but altruistic, muscle weakness, chronic depression, PTSD, not remembering dreams, lack of self-confidence, lack of common sense, socially autistic, codependent, grandiose, worrier, overly-emotional, jealousy, accusing partner, not being adventurous, afraid of life, afraid to live, ADHD, can't read a book, lack of spirituality, slow thinking skills, lack of creativity, OCD, nicotine addiction, forgetfulness, loss of memory, chronic belching, gas, .

Previous history of taking SSRI (2007) and colt turkey (2010).

Where does one start to address and do you address one-by-one with trial and error? For dopamine it says I'd likely to benefit from caffeine, but it makes my heart race and makes me nuts. It also says I'm deficient in ACh - while this may be true, but I match all the symptoms of excessive acetylcholine levels including stiff neck. I'm confused and need input from you guys.

My first thought was to give Phenibut a try and see how it goes. Supposedly it decreases ACh and increases Dopamine+GABA so it should temporarily fix most of my issues.

Edit: added traits I left out.

Supps:

• zn: placebo
  • mg: placebo
  • B-complex: placebo
  • MB12: placebo
  • 5-MTHF: placebo
  • Dibencozime: placebo
  • Biotin: placebo
  • P5P: placebo
  • Isocort: placebo
  • D3/K2: placebo
  • Digestive enzymes: placebo
  • Liquid E complex: placebo
  • MSM: placebo
  • Dandelion root: placebo
  • ALCAR + ALA: loss of erection
  • L-Tyrosine: panic attack

Edited by Steve-22, 25 September 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#2 HoldingTheFaith

• 195 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

Go out for a walk and stop doing silly questionaires.
  • like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Have you gotten your hormone levels checked?

You also might have some gut health issues, which, if they get really bad, can cause psychological issues.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 25 September 2014 - 05:10 PM.

• like x 1

#4 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

Braverman?who the hell is that?

According to me your stacked up well on everything.

#5 Dan1976

• 49 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

Man, go to a good psychiatrist. The cost of the doc visit + the cost of meds may be high, but if you start experimenting on your own the cost you will pay over time (buying supplements, etc) can be even higher.

You have serious problems, so go to a professional.

The supplements you can get without an rx are usually weaker and less studied than real meds a doctor can prescribe.

In addition to this, you should try psychotherapy.

Something that could also help is listening to hypnosis and brainwave entrainment MP3s. i recommend Paul Scheele and Brain Sync.

But the main thing you should do is: see a psychiatrist and start a treatment.
  • dislike x 1

#6 Steve-22

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for some of the suggestions. Matter of fact is I felt "okay" on SSRIs. I mean I hooked up with my first GF and sat in classes without heart palpitations, but it made me gain weight in a feminime way and have felt in a high estrogen/low T way, ocd and decreased intelligence. I'm wondering if there is any way to replicate this anxiety-free state without side effects? Rhodiola maybe? (Yes I tried 5HTP and B6, P5P before without any effect...)

I'm thinking about Rhodiola + Ashwaganda or Phenibut.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Steve-22, 01 October 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#7 doublenickels

• 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

Before taking Phenibut please research the forum threads. IMO, that stuff is very addictive in very little time and just garbage. I bought it once and then researched. Threw out the unopened bottle once my eyes were opened.

• like x 1

#8 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:44 AM

Before taking Phenibut please research the forum threads. IMO, that stuff is very addictive in very little time and just garbage. I bought it once and then researched. Threw out the unopened bottle once my eyes were opened.

Phenibut is quite nasty indeed if you don't know its nature. Even then, you might end up redosing day after day without a care in the world, until the shit goes down. But, if you taper off and prepare for the wds with other substances, it's not too bad.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#9 Steve-22

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:01 PM

Phenibut is quite nasty indeed if you don't know its nature. Even then, you might end up redosing day after day without a care in the world, until the shit goes down. But, if you taper off and prepare for the wds with other substances, it's not too bad.

Thanks! I decided not to give Phenibut a try...

Should I give Uridine a go instead? I'm hesitant to ingest Rhodiola since I'm dealing with some serious anxiety and heart palpitations as a result. It's a hit or miss.

Concept so far (anti-anxiety & socializing stack):

-Rhodiola
-Uridine

-Liquid Mg

-MD B5

-MD B6

-B-complex

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: braverman, dopamine, serotonin, gaba, acetylcholine, personality, anxiety, ocd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users