forum issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

All:

The button that one would normally click to add a new reply to this thread (and a couple of other recent cases I've come across) is greyed out with the words "You cannot reply to this topic," and the "reply" buttons that normally appear at the bottom of each post are missing. It isn't just me (this specific case was pointed out to me by someone asking why they couldn't do so) and it's not that I'm not logged in. What gives?

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

It's connected to the Stacks feature, that entire forum has been locked. Invited caliban to comment.

#3 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

Yes as stated in the heading of that sub-forum, all threads therein are closed - please start a new regimen here

I noticed that your membership and your Advisor status had lapsed. You had enough ₮ points in your account, so I have subtracted 500 and renewed your membership. The restored Advisor status gives you special editing powers, so if you wanted you could edit that thread.

#4 Michael

• Topic Starter
  • Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Yes as stated in the heading of that sub-forum, all threads therein are closed

Well, it doesn't actually say that: it says nothing on the actual page for my regimen (linked), and even on the "Regimen" subforum home page it says only,

IMPORTANT: this forum section might soon be closed and migrated into the new 'stacks' feature, under development.
NOW is the last opportunity to share feedback HERE!

Emphasis added. Ie, it doesn't say that HAVE been closed, and the threads HAVEN'T been migrated. As one of the two commenters on the feedback page says, "There are some threads in "regimens" and "nootropic stacks" that have been ongoing for some time. Some threads are picked up again after a year or two, because people find them in searches and want to continue the thread or have a question that fits in. I think there is some pretty important content, and wonder how it would be integrated into this new forum and if any value that content had would be lost."

Can the old threads not be opened up and migrated into the new Stacks forum?

- please start a new regimen here.

I can do that, but all the old discussion material gets lost, and people coming in via search engine or revisiting it won't be able to see where the new one is.

I noticed that your membership and your Advisor status had lapsed. You had enough ₮ points in your account, so I have subtracted 500 and renewed your membership. The restored Advisor status gives you special editing powers, so if you wanted you could edit that thread.

Ah! I had actually signed up to renew, and got an invoice; I wanted to pay by cheque, as PayPal is still evil, and actually have one sealed up in an envelope to go to "Mind." I had forgotten that one could apply ₮ to dues; I'll save my $ for next year (and tell Mind that the cheque is NOT in the mail ;) ).

#5 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:55 AM

The new stacks/regimens section is not a forum. Its aiming for a more structured setup and easy access to the best regimens by category.

However feel  free to move some of the old threads into a discussion forum where you think that would be merited.  

#6 MercyBuckets

• 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

Yes, solarfingers thread (http://www.longecity...dation-targets/) was very active and engaging... shame it's closed now.

Hopefully he can move it to the new section soon.

Thanks!

#7 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

Since the thread isn't a regimen, I've moved it to the Supplements forum. You should be able to comment on it now.

#8 StephCThomp

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

I am getting the same message for a single thread in Brain Health (#753211, 10 Dec).  It must be the same for other members, because hundreds have viewed the thread but zero replies.  Other threads in Brain Health are fine - no reply restriction.

What do we make of this? 

Poor poster must think no-one cares...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users