- - - - -

Suggestions - Chronic Fatigue S. and ADD

fatigue add

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hi.  I've had severe ADD all my life, am now 42, and have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for about 5 years caused from an Autoimmune disease. I am suffering from foggy headedness and constant debilitating fatigue, making it hard to stand/walk and impossible to do any cardio without feeling very sick afterwards.  Also have heat/light sensitivity.

Current regimine: 

40 mg Vyvanse (similar to Adderall) for ADD and fatigue.

6 grams fish oil a day

200 mg Caffiene

light therapy in morning: (helps with internal clock)

No cardio (causes sickness)

No creatine (causes intestinal cramping, even with water)

Prednisone used to be my wonder drug, but it no longer works.

Goals:  Help in any way with foggy headedness, fatigue, and anxiety.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

How does vyvanse work for ya?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rodentman

• Topic Starter
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

How does vyvanse work for ya?

It worked better than a few others I had tried.  Ritalin and Modafinil both kinda felt like mega-doese of caffeine... at least for me.  It does help with focus and motivation, but of course there is a tolerance that is built up.  I think it has helped me enough to stay off disability, and to do get some work done.  When I cycle off of it for a few days... I am basically useless for those days. So I have to plan ahead.

#4 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

How did you know that you were suffering from an auto-immune disease ?

#5 Peder Holdgaard Pedersen

• 24 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

Long-term prednisone use will atrophy your muscles, weaken your bones and cause all kinds of nasty side effects - good thing you are off that. Prednisone with vyvanse sounds like a recipe for adrenal fatigue. Have you been tested for adrenal fatigue? A lot of your symptoms sounds like the fatigue associated with systemic lupus - light and heat sensitivity. Have you been tested for dsDNA antibodies? anti-NMDAR, anti-vgcc, anti-RO? dsDNA antibodies can affect NMDAR receptors due to some molecular similarity or such. If your blood brain barrier is not functioning well, you can have cognitive dysfunction without any measurable inflammatory activity, if you have any of these antibodies.

I would add a mast cell stabilizer to that regimen. Antihistamines are not good for your fatigue, so maybe catechins/EGCG. Hydroxychloroquine helps a lot of people with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. My wife who has lupus benefits a lot in energy and mood from tramadol. She had a period where she almost could not walk - tramadol fixed that. Mixing tramadol and vyvanse might be a bit unhealthy if you have adrenal fatigue, though. Noopept also does wonders for her (I suspect it is due to the effects it has on H2O2).

It sounds completely illogical, but I am certain that a strong immune system is important to managing a chronic autoimmune disease. Make sure your diet supports your immune system and get plenty of good sleep.

• like x 1

#6 rock_zaozz

• 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:42 AM

ADD and chronic fatigue are symptoms of brain dysregulation i recommend activities that regulate the brain like yoga , taichi/qigong (This last will change youre life) and something very important is mindfulness meditation , chronic pain have a high association with thoughts/beliefs that can be conscious or uncoscious  what mindfulness meditations does  is raise youre awareness and you start whats going on with  youre body , what affects youre body and how , food, thoughts , etc...

The thing is that you will have more control due that know youre conscious . 

An analysis of neurofeedback will give you more precisely information of what cause the chronic fatigue and ADD , you can fix it with some protocols , do youre research

Regards

Edited by rock_zaozz, 29 September 2014 - 02:47 AM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#7 rodentman

• Topic Starter
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

How did you know that you were suffering from an auto-immune disease ?

In my instance, it was very easy to tell, since I've got cronhs which attacks my colon... a colonoscopy showed the damage from the Cronh's flareups.

For other types of Auto-immune diseases, the diagnosis is different.  There is a good roadmap here:

https://sites.google...eatmentroadmap/

If you have extreme fatigue, but don't know why.... this is a good starting point, to see what other symptoms you have.  And then get the required testing for what you suspect could be the culprit.  

Some problems can easily be treated with changes in diet or medication..  While others are chronic... but you still need to manage them.

#8 Peder Holdgaard Pedersen

• 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

Fatigue can also result from an untreated chronic infection - which I suspect is the reason that Hydroxychloroquine (an anti-malarial) is an effective medication for many lupus patients, despite there being no significant evidence that it has any significant immunosuppressive effects (it also labelled a DMARD* - and not an anti-inflammatory). I would strongly suggest anyone with untreatable chronic fatigue and an autoimmune diagnose to ask their doctor about Hydroxychloroquine (tradename Plaquenil).

But long-term prednisone is really not a good thing for the endocrine system - it can sadly cause fatigue as a side-effect. Hopefully it will possible for you to get back to a better state.

* Disease-Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drug

#9 rodentman

• Topic Starter
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

Long-term prednisone use will atrophy your muscles, weaken your bones and cause all kinds of nasty side effects - good thing you are off that. Prednisone with vyvanse sounds like a recipe for adrenal fatigue. Have you been tested for adrenal fatigue? A lot of your symptoms sounds like the fatigue associated with systemic lupus - light and heat sensitivity. Have you been tested for dsDNA antibodies? anti-NMDAR, anti-vgcc, anti-RO? dsDNA antibodies can affect NMDAR receptors due to some molecular similarity or such. If your blood brain barrier is not functioning well, you can have cognitive dysfunction without any measurable inflammatory activity, if you have any of these antibodies.

I would add a mast cell stabilizer to that regimen. Antihistamines are not good for your fatigue, so maybe catechins/EGCG. Hydroxychloroquine helps a lot of people with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. My wife who has lupus benefits a lot in energy and mood from tramadol. She had a period where she almost could not walk - tramadol fixed that. Mixing tramadol and vyvanse might be a bit unhealthy if you have adrenal fatigue, though. Noopept also does wonders for her (I suspect it is due to the effects it has on H2O2).

It sounds completely illogical, but I am certain that a strong immune system is important to managing a chronic autoimmune disease. Make sure your diet supports your immune system and get plenty of good sleep.

Prednisone had been my frenemy.  It causes horrible side-effects, and the long term use of it can cause all sorts of complications.   However, if I was on severely flaring-up, it had been the only thing that worked.  It dramatically suppressed my immune system for a short period of time.... which would just give me a break from my body attacking itself (specifically the colon).  but it would always be short term, 4 weeks, and then tapering off, which was a nightmare.  But somehow, I built a tolerance to it, actually, its more common that I though.  I was on it 5 times total.  I haven't taken it in over 8 months now, and I haven't showed much improvement from the other medications.

I don't think medication caused this fatigue, I had it before I started either drug.. its just a non-stop sick fealing because my body won't stop attacking itself.  I do have typical Cronhs related pain, and it can be rough at times, but even when the pain goes away... the fatigue still continues.  

My symptoms are very similar to lupus, my aunt suffers from it, and she is mostly bedridden as well, I will ask my doctor about tramadol.  I don't have any skin conditions as of yet, other than the light sensitivity, which is brand new... I was kind of shocked by it... since its the only symptom I have that isn't common with Cronh's.  And yes,the first thing I thought of was Lupus.  I am actually going to get the ANA test at my next physical next month, so that will at least give me a better idea.

I do drink green tea.. but I can increase the amount.   I will try Noopept, I actually just ordered some... so hopefully it will help a bit.  Yes, sleep is super important for me. I've been battling that for quite some time.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 jerrybusey

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:26 PM

You probably should have explicitly mentioned the Crohn's in your first post. Are you on any other meds for the Crohn's currently? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fatigue, add

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users