Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)/Niagen vendor vetting and discussion

nr vendors niagen vendors

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#61 Oakman

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

(hope this is correct thread for this - please move if not)

Daniscience kindly highlighted this new product called ResveraCel from Thorne Research in a post here > http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=787171

I don't think this has received much of any scrutiny and it does look interesting. Perhaps this is one many "Niagen complex" products to be unveiled given Niagen is now a GRS substance? 

I'd like some discussion on what others think of Thorne's supplement combination. Maybe some have taken equivalent to this combo themselves and have experience with it?  Does this sound like a good?/better?/best? combo or just hopeful marketing hype? What about the amounts included? The pricing seems on par with Niagen only products, so is Niagen perhaps getting cheaper generally as it becomes more widespread? And I wonder why Thorne is showing interest in Niagen complex products when others don't seem to be... as most seem to focus on Niagen only products?

To me the main take aways here are:

a) Contains 300mg Niagen per serving (2 caps)

b) adds 150mg trans-Resveratrol, 250mg Quercetin Phytosome, and 50mg Betaine

c) Considering Niagen ONLY costs ~$5.55/gram

d) Combo seems to be a bargain, considering buying separately $$

e) Suggests dose 300-600mg/day Niagen, and x1 or x2 the others as well

f)  Also complexed with Time-Sorb®, a time-release matrix

===========================================================

Thorne link >  https://www.thorne.c...s/dp/resveracel

Product Description

Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)

• The most direct precursor to NAD+ – it’s essential for mitochondria to perform their myriad functions*
  • Important in the regulation of cellular aging*
  • Provides support for metabolic syndrome*

NR is the most direct precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+).* The mitochondria cannot perform their crucial cellular functions without a sufficient supply of NAD+.* NR offers fundamental support for mitochondrial biogenesis, as well as all other mitochondrial activities – from energy production to the regulation of metabolism and cellular aging.*

Resveratrol

• Purely trans-resveratrol – not a diluted plant extract
  • Increases activity of the sirtuins – SIRT1 and SIRT3, in particular*
  • Provides benefit for metabolism and for healthy aging*

Resveratrol mimics the effect of calorie restriction by activating the sirtuin group of proteins.* In one study, resveratrol was shown to be the most potent natural activator of the sirtuins.* Resveratrol shows promise in helping attenuate the effects of several age-related conditions.*

Quercetin Phytosome

• Quercetin is bound to sunflower-sourced phospholipids for enhanced absorption*
  • Enhances sirtuin activity*
  • Slows the breakdown of resveratrol in the body*

Research shows that quercetin not only acts as a potent antioxidant and is synergistic with the activities of resveratrol, it also slows the breakdown of resveratrol in the body.* Like resveratrol, quercetin also enhances sirtuin activity.*

Betaine

• Important methyl donor*
  • Provides nutrient support for fatty liver*
  • Supports homocysteine metabolism*

Betaine – also known as trimethylglycine – is a premier methyl donor.* In addition to providing significant methylation support because it can donate three methyl groups, betaineprovides support for important metabolic functions that are associated with metabolic syndrome.*

Edited by Oakman, 20 September 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#62 progimusti

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:46 PM

Hi guys/gals,

I specifically signed up to warn everyone about Thorne Research's "Niacel-250" product. I would recommend staying away from it. It doesn't appear to be the same as other products marketed as "Niagen." 

I've been reading the logecity.org forums for years now but specifically signed up to bring up an issue with a specific vendor/product to contribute back to the community. A little background...I've been taking Nicotinamide Riboside (and Pterostilbene) for over 3 months now. I'm 42 years old and was suffering from constant fatigue, lack of energy, quick exhaustion after workouts and long recovery, and a general "brain fog"...just to name a few issues. The results have been *amazing* for me. Absolutely life changing. I haven't felt this energetic and mentally on top since I was at least in my early 20s! (And the changes started immediately on day one and progressed from there by the way). I'm hoping that the longer term cellular changes are happening too. 

The first bottle I received was from a company called Nectar7 that sells a "Niagen" product (2 pills 125mg each/morning). Not very well known, but legitimate product in retrospect. Then I ran into Thorne Research and saw their "Niacel-250" product, which turned out being over $16 cheaper a month than the Nectar7. I got the 60 day supply (60 pills, 250mg each). During those 60 days the initial effect of the Nectar7 Niagen started first tapering off and then disappeared completely. I kept taking the product thinking that maybe I got "used" to the effects and the cellular changes are still happening in the background regardless. 

Once the 60 day supply was nearing its ends I became suspicious of the product. It hadn't been doing anything at all at for a long time. Reading about HPN Niagen in this forum I decided to give that one a shot (I knew that "Niagen" was all produced by Chromadex so *technically* Nectar7 and HPN should be equivalent...the rest is all about vendor trust..as you can see with the possibly negative example of Thorne Research). I've been taking HPN Niagen for a week now and the effects are back to *amazing*. Just like the Niagen from Nectar7 that I started out with...and no tapering off at all. Since HPN seems to be a known and trusted vendor I'll be sticking with them from now on. 

So...*beware*! Thorne Research's Niacel-250 is NOT the same product as the two "Niagen" products I've used. They claim it's made by Chromadex, too, but maybe they're adding different ingredients to the NR or maybe they're not really putting 250 mg in the capsules. I don't know, but whatever it is, it's *not* working at all. Stay away from it...or better...we should all ask Thorne Research to comment on this. I'd *love* to see a third party analyze their product. 

Anyone else noticed any differences when using Thorne Research's Niacel products? I can't possibly be the only one that tried different brands. 

Edited by progimusti, 04 November 2016 - 09:19 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#63 Oakman

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

I've used Thorton's Niacel-125 and Niacel-250 previously, then I tried LCR 250mg,then I took a break. Recently I restarted and use LCR and the Nectar7 125mg. Having both dose sizes gives dosing flexibility.

As to effect between them, honestly, I can't tell the difference, nor can I attest to any particular 'feeling' or 'effect' from any of them. I've tried NR in the range of 160mg/day to 675mg/day. Currently I'm at 250mg AM (LCR) / 125mg PM (Nectar7) or 375mg /day.  If there is some effect, it's perhaps masked by other supplementation I'm using.  Specifically, When I take the AM NR (and to be something like the Thorne product) I'm taking 100 mg EnduraQ (bioenhanced Quercetin as a CD38 moderator), 1200mg BRI Nutrition Resveratrol Complex (includes Pomegranate, Green Tea, Grape Seed Extract), and another CD38 moderator, 50mg Apigenin

The good news...I feel good, as good as I've ever felt generally... and hope to stay that way. I've never thought I was going to get much of a 'pop' from getting my NAD+ in turbo mode, I just hope it plays out well in my body over time....I guess it's called faith... or gullibility... or insanity. Take your pick :)

• Informative x 1

#64 progimusti

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

I guess people who don't feel any effects no matter what NR/Niagen supplement they're taking aren't going to notice any differences in quality/effectiveness between different vendor's products. Thanks for your input though! It would be nice to hear from people who do feel positive changes after taking NR/Niagen. I'd be interested in both people that first took a "niagen" labeled product (or Basis) and then tried Niacel-250 (or the 125mg version) and also people who started out with Niacel-250 and reported undeniable huge improvements. It's just very strange that if the three products I described above are equivalent that Niacel-250 wouldn't show any immediate effects at all (or maybe very little). 

#65 Oakman

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:21 PM

Another new vendor: MAAC10, LLC. Their product is a combo of 250mg Niagen / 250mg trans-Resveratrol (2 tablet serving). Price on Amazon is $39, so price competitive considering only the Niagen.

Some bullet points are:

- Chewable tablet - active ingredients can potentially bypass stomach acid and bile enzyme cleavage

- Combo product with Resveratrol

- prelim study of how Resveratrol boost NAD+ (pdf downloadable)

http://precedings.na.../4421/version/1

"At MAAC10 we created a synergistic formulation by combining NIAGEN® with a solid dose of  98% Pure Trans- Resveratrol and delivered it in a chewable tablet that is more potent. Trans-Resveratrol not only stimulates the NAD+ salvage process by allosteric modification of the enzyme NMNAT, effectively speeding up the conversion of Nicotinamide Riboside to NAD+ but also acts as a direct Sirtuin activator, a STACUltraNIAGEN® delivers superior performance and better bioavailability as the ultimate anti-aging NAD+ Formula. A new clinical trial published July 2016 showed that by activating SirtuinsResveratrol was able to support healthy brain function by significantly reducing damaging proteins that destroy the Blood-Brain- Barrier."

One of our goals with this product was to maximize the potential of NIAGEN®, rather than simply capsuling NIAGEN® with some other random ingredient to be different. We took our time to make a product that was technically sound, a chewable tablet or melt is immediately available for absorption. This means that more of the active ingredients can potentially bypass stomach acid and bile enzyme cleavage, for better overall effectiveness. Trans-Resveratrol was not an arbitrary choice; it was the absolute best match for NIAGEN® based on third party scientific studies that showed that Resveratrol acts as a catalyst facilitating the NAD+ salvage pathway that NIAGEN® depends on. Aside from the numerous and overwhelming research showing the many wonderful benefits of Resveratrol. Resveratrol also independently targets and activate SIRTUINS, the very same intended target of NIAGEN® and subsequent NAD+. 

https://www.amazon.c...f2566b0ab17b62c

• Informative x 1

#66 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

Another new vendor: MAAC10, LLC. Their product is a combo of 250mg Niagen / 250mg trans-Resveratrol (2 tablet serving). Price on Amazon is $39, so price competitive considering only the Niagen.

$5.20 per gram

60 X .125 = 7.5 grams

$39.00 / 7.5 grams = $5.20 per gram

I can't seem to find the ingredients. Oh here they are:

Ingredients

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 250mg NIAGEN® Nicotinamide Riboside (lab tested at 266.2mg & certified gluten free) + 250mg of 98% Pure Trans-Resveratrol
Other ingredients: Xylitol, magnesium silicate, magnesium vegetable stearate, natural flavor and color, citric acid, silica, and monk fruit extract.
71BBXjqy2zL._SL1251_.jpg

Edited for 2 tablet serving 

Edited by Bryan_S, 11 December 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#67 Oakman

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

^ Nope, each cap is 125mg Niagen, so 60 x.125g=7.5g or $5.32/g @39.92 on Amazon

• Good Point x 1

#68 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

^ Nope, each cap is 125mg Niagen, so 60 x.125g=7.5g or $5.32/g @39.92 on Amazon

Fixed it thanks, I'm also using their website price and I'm only factoring in the Niagen not the Trans-Resveratrol which has some value.

#69 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:46 PM

Thorne Research - NiaCel-250

https://www.thorne.c...s/dp/niacel-250

One of the best priced is the NiaCel-250. 

60 X .25 = 15 grams

$59 / 15 grams = $3.93 per gram

One Capsule Contains:

Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride* 250 mg
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.

51-qxLaaHIL.jpg

Edited by Bryan_S, 11 December 2016 - 07:30 PM.

#70 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

NAD+ Ignite NIAGEN - 333 mg Nicotinamide Riboside (60 veggie capsules, 333 mg per capsule) 

by ProHealth

3.00 per gram

60 X .333 = 19.98 grams

$59.99 / 19.98 grams = 3.00 per gram

Can this be right? This might be the best price going today.

51Qs7zt4I0L.jpg

#71 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

Nectar7 Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) Vegetarian Capsules with NAD+ Activator

https://www.n7niagen...agen-product-2/

$4.70 per gram

Their best price is on the 6 pack for $211.50.

.125 X 60 X 6 bottles = 45 grams

$211.50 / 45 grams = $4.70 per gram

51tMNH65niL.jpg

Edited by Bryan_S, 11 December 2016 - 07:27 PM.

#72 Oakman

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

NAD+ Ignite NIAGEN - 333 mg Nicotinamide Riboside (60 veggie capsules, 333 mg per capsule) 

by ProHealth

3.00 per gram

60 X .333 = 19.98 grams

51Qs7zt4I0L.jpg

Far as I know, yes, this is the very lowest "everyday price". And a good sign prices are coming down. At. Last.

#73 Thell

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:50 PM

Re/Cross post from the Niagen group buy thread...

Hrmmm... kinda uneasy about seeing HPN Niagen for $29.99 60 count bottle from a reseller (that seems to have registered here on longecity), but a price like that does make one want to know. Makes the, I'm going to get burned, spidey-sense tingle like when looking at new availability from a Chinese supplier.

#74 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:59 PM

Re/Cross post from the Niagen group buy thread...

Hrmmm... kinda uneasy about seeing HPN Niagen for $29.99 60 count bottle from a reseller (that seems to have registered here on longecity), but a price like that does make one want to know. Makes the, I'm going to get burned, spidey-sense tingle like when looking at new availability from a Chinese supplier.

$4 per gram must be an end of year clearance sale.

#75 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

TRU NIAGEN ProHealthspan

This is Dr Brenner's brand 60 capsules @ 125mg or 7.5 grams per bottle

6 bottle supply $35.99per bottle @ 4.80 per gram

https://prohealthspa...ant=28922861315

3 bottle supply $38.24per bottle @ 5.10 per gram

https://prohealthspa...ant=28922861251

And the following code will be good for an additional $10 off their first purchase: LC1216BS

Ingredients: Nictotinamide riboside, crystalline cellulose, and Cellulose (veggie capsule)

Edited by Bryan_S, 12 December 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#76 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

F1RST® Niagen – Patented, Clinically Studied Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) Cellular Energy Support– 60 capsules

by F1RST

$6.67 per gram

$39.99 a bottle 60 capsules at 100 mg a piece

60 X .100 = 6 grams per bottle

39.99 / 6 grams = $6.67 per gram

61ohteKB9OL._SL1000_.jpg
I would question the use of water in this preparation. Once hydrated NR begins to break down after 6 hours. Also I haven't seen a press release from ChromaDex announcing this vendor. JMHO

Edited by Bryan_S, 13 December 2016 - 06:01 PM.

#77 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

I think you guys should read the "Supplement Facts" boxes on these products carefully, and maybe interrogate the vendor.

Note that some labels say they have "Nicotinamide riboside ... xxx mg" and later specify they use Niagen; others "Niagen (nicotinamide riboside) ... xxx mg"; others still say "Niagen (nicotinamide riboside chloride) ... xxx mg". Chromadex Niagen really is nicotinamide riboside chloride, but properly, the  first of these labels should mean it really contains xxx mg of NR, which would require (255+35.45)/255= 1.139 times as much NR Cl salt (because the molar weight of NR is 255 mg, and the molar weight of chloride is 35.45mg). Whereas the last of these presumably really contains xxx mg NR Cl, delivering only 255/(255+35.45) = 0.878 as much NR proper.

The second type of label seems completely ambiguous.

And, of course, any vendor might just be being sloppy about reporting it, so even the face statement may be wrong.

#78 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:40 PM

I think you guys should read the "Supplement Facts" boxes on these products carefully, and maybe interrogate the vendor.

Note that some labels say they have "Nicotinamide riboside ... xxx mg" and later specify they use Niagen; others "Niagen (nicotinamide riboside) ... xxx mg"; others still say "Niagen (nicotinamide riboside chloride) ... xxx mg". Chromadex Niagen really is nicotinamide riboside chloride, but properly, the  first of these labels should mean it really contains xxx mg of NR, which would require (255+35.45)/255= 1.139 times as much NR Cl salt (because the molar weight of NR is 255 mg, and the molar weight of chloride is 35.45mg). Whereas the last of these presumably really contains xxx mg NR Cl, delivering only 255/(255+35.45) = 0.878 as much NR proper.

The second type of label seems completely ambiguous.

And, of course, any vendor might just be being sloppy about reporting it, so even the face statement may be wrong.

Also consider the ingredients. HPN and the TRU NIAGEN ProHealthspan from Dr Brenner offer the cleanest products with Nictotinamide riboside, crystalline cellulose, and Cellulose (veggie capsule). We should also say I'm only doing a per gram breakdown, none of us here are doing lab analysis for the purity of these products but I would hands down trust the 2 aforementioned venders. At some point I'd expect some vendor will want to stretch their supplies and add something harmless like Nicotinamide, so if the price seems too good its likely reason to question it. So price wise the $4.20 to $4.90 range per gram looks OK from a bulk buying standpoint. Below that and I'd question the processing and handling practices especially on single bottles and if the price goes even lower towards $3 I'd question whats really inside the capsules. So buyer beware.

Just a note; when you research the vender in question do a name association search and look for the name of the vender with the search term ChromaDex. Look for a press release because at some point I'd expect someone will try and fly in under the radar and ChromaDex always announces their vendors in a Press Release. As always JMHO

• Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#79 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:59 PM

F1RST® Niagen

I would question the use of water in this preparation. Once hydrated NR begins to break down after 6 hours. Also I haven't seen a press release from ChromaDex announcing this vendor. JMHO

Do you mean the water listed in the capsule ingredients ("Vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)")? That's just full and complete breakdown of ingredient composition; all vegi-caps are made this way. I wouldn't worry about it without a specific known issue.

#80 Oakman

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:49 PM

Also consider the ingredients. HPN and the TRU NIAGEN ProHealthspan from Dr Brenner offer the cleanest products with Nictotinamide riboside, crystalline cellulose, and Cellulose (veggie capsule). We should also say I'm only doing a per gram breakdown, none of us here are doing lab analysis for the purity of these products but I would hands down trust the 2 aforementioned venders. At some point I'd expect some vendor will want to stretch their supplies and add something harmless like Nicotinamide, so if the price seems too good its likely reason to question it. So price wise the $4.20 to $4.90 range per gram looks OK from a bulk buying standpoint. Below that and I'd question the processing and handling practices especially on single bottles and if the price goes even lower towards $3 I'd question whats really inside the capsules. So buyer beware.

Just a note; when you research the vender in question do a name association search and look for the name of the vender with the search term ChromaDex. Look for a press release because at some point I'd expect someone will try and fly in under the radar and ChromaDex always announces their vendors in a Press Release. As always JMHO

There are several vendors other than HPN & Tru Niagen whose ingredients are "clean" and similar to your favorites, for example: 

- ProHealth (organic rice flower, vegetable cellulose)
- Live Cell Research (rice bran, vegetable cellulose)

More to the point, I've noticed there seem to be "in favor" vendors on this forum, for various reasons, while others' products are called into question simply because of price, or for reasons not related to their Niagen content. This bothered me, not only because I buy from some of them, and wondered if I'm buying counterfeit product, but also because it doesn't seem fair to these new companies getting on board the Niagen bandwagon. An expansion of the Niagen market is in all our  best interests IMHO, as are lower prices.

And as to the idea that, "ChromaDex always announces their vendors in a Press Release", I wondered about that too. Is it true? So I thought, "Why not simply ask Chromadex?" So I did, and Mr. Johnson was kind enough to provide this answer (posted here with his permission).

==========

Thank you for interest in ChromaDex and your questions regarding NIAGEN.

In regards to the following:

Q:      “ChromaDex always announces their vendors in a Press Release”.

A:       This is not true, we do not press release every new vendor.

Q:      Are the following customers of ChromaDex:

A:       Specialty Nutrition Group, Inc. (Yes)

ProHealth, Inc. (Yes)

Nectar7 (Yes)

MAAC10, LLC (Yes)

Thorne Research (Yes)

Thank you,

Andrew L. Johnson
Director of Investor Relations

ChromaDex

AndrewJ@chromadex.com
www.chromadex.com

==============

I hope this helps everyone that is buying and using Niagen, at least as far as the mentioned vendors.

Edited by Oakman, 13 December 2016 - 11:00 PM.

• Informative x 7
  • WellResearched x 3
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#81 StanG

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

I went to the ProHealth site a few days ago and the price for NAD+ Ignite NIAGEN was $59.99. I deleted this from my computer today and when I went back, the price is now $64.99.I have no interest in dealing with this type of vendor! Dr. Brenner now takes 250mg. I take 500mg and will continue to without going to 666mg as I had planned.

Edited by StanG, 15 December 2016 - 10:05 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#82 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:03 AM

I went to the ProHealth site a few days ago and the price for NAD+ Ignite NIAGEN was $59.99. I deleted this from my computer today and when I went back, the price is now $64.99.I have no interest in dealing with this type of vendor! Dr. Brenner now takes 250mg. I take 500mg and will continue to without going to 666mg as I had planned.

Same here. I thought hey, that's a better price, maybe they're trying to be decent human beings and I'll experiment with this nicotinamide b3 stuff again. But no. All it's doing is like adding rocket fuel to an already damaged engine, it's not repairing damages of aging, so let the creators make their millions off believers. Spend my money to jack my energy and possibly increase brain cancer? No thanks, plain ole coffee is more effective.
  • Well Written x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#83 APBT

• Topic Starter
  • 906 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

Same here. I thought hey, that's a better price, maybe they're trying to be decent human beings and I'll experiment with this nicotinamide b3 stuff again. But no. All it's doing is like adding rocket fuel to an already damaged engine, it's not repairing damages of aging, so let the creators make their millions off believers. Spend my money to jack my energy and possibly increase brain cancer? No thanks, plain ole coffee is more effective.

When contacted regarding the price increase, here's their response:

It is one of ProHealth’s newest products that we had at an introductory price of $59.99.  We would be glad to extend the offer to you for a one time offer if you place the order over the phone.  Thank you and kindest regards.

Sincerely,

Gail Fenton

Customer Service Representative

ProHealth, Inc.

Patient Owned, Dedicated to research

Phone 800.366.6056

Fax 805.684.6199

gfenton@prohealth.com  

www.ProHealth.com  

"empower people to take control of their health

by providing comprehensive health resources,

current treatment information, quality health products

and advocating for the rights of the patient."

#84 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Is LEF a customer of ChromaDex? What about fillings? The best discounted price I paid is still ~6.5$/g.

Attached File  LEF Niagen.PNG   27.31KB   3 downloads

http://www.lifeexten...ell-Regenerator

Edited by albedo, 17 December 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#85 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

albedo, Niagen is the ChromaDex product which L.E.F. uses. The specifically reference the source on their labels.

Edited by Heisok, 17 December 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#86 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

Somewhere on the NR threads Bryan mentions that  LEF Cell Regenerator consists for 60 % of fillers and excipients. As a longtime satisfied user of this product I was not glad to hear that, especially because I take a variety of supps/day. I especially like to avoid the silica, but I thought that LEF was the  only viable option for us in Europe, pricey as it is.

Recently, forum member Midas kindly pointed me to an HPN website for the UK. I did not do the math but the price per gram of NR seemed lower than that of LEF and shipment costs for four bottles to Amsterdam turned out to be only €4, so shipment to Germany won't be extreme costly either.

Now I know it works I will do larger orders of HPN UK in future. BTW, it seems that the energizing effect of 250mgs HPN is just as strong as that of 300mgs CellRegenerator, but that's very subjective...

• Informative x 1

#87 StanG

• 71 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

I bought 9 bottles on their one time deal and now plan to take two of my 250mg capsules one day and two of the 333mg the next to see if there is any difference. I don't expect that there will be a noticeable one but will let you all know unless there is opposition to me doing it on this thread (then I will use the "experience" thread). 

#88 TaiChiKid

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:47 PM

by ProHealth

3.00 per gram

60 X .333 = 19.98 grams

51Qs7zt4I0L.jpg

I especially like this one because there is 333mg per capsule, and ProHealth is accredited by Chromadex.  So for those of you taking 250mg a day, you can skip two days a week (assuming you do not want the steadiest of serum levels) and save money.  A three pack of these would then last 240 dayts!

Edited by TaiChiKid, 25 December 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#89 trakker

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:25 AM

Unfortunately, they did raise the price up to $64, but that's still a good price for sure.  

Those of us taking 500 mg a day might still want to take 2 of those per day anyways.

What/where does it say they are accredited by Chromadex?  

Edited by trakker, 27 December 2016 - 02:28 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#90 trakker

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:32 AM

This  looks like maybe the second best price after the ProHealth offer:

http://alivebynature...w-product-sale/

Edited by trakker, 27 December 2016 - 04:40 AM.

• Informative x 2

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users