rectal Selegiline

selegiline rectal

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 AOLministrator

• 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

So they say it has poor bioavalability, metabolizes to amphetamine and what not. I kind of am afraid that this is true, because I took 25mg of the stuff yesterday and only had some very faint and immediate effect. With the 5mg most are taking, then even with something as high as 80% conversion: 4mg amphetamin, you would hardly notice it at all and most of the selegiline that you eat will be wasted. Sublingual never really works either and the stuff tastes like hell. Even I couldn't keep it in my mouth for long. Then why not do rectal consumption?

Has anyone done it? I just did it and I don't really notice anything.

Can rectal consumption be an issue with the drug?

Edited by Aolministrator, 30 September 2014 - 08:37 AM.

• dislike x 4

#2 Shorty

• 56 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

Selegiline only contains the l-isomer which is metabolized into l-methamphetamine, which is inactive except for the fact that it unblocks your nose. Unless you're afraid of Vicks Inhalers I wouldn't worry about it.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

Selegiline only contains the l-isomer which is metabolized into l-methamphetamine, which is inactive except for the fact that it unblocks your nose. Unless you're afraid of Vicks Inhalers I wouldn't worry about it.

No, you are incorrect Sir. I am in fact a magical wizard!

• dislike x 4

#4 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

No, you are incorrect Sir. I am in fact a magical wizard!

And I take it you wrote this reply after another 25mg, this time rectally, correct?

• like x 3

#5 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

No, I was just mocking on the fact that he didn't read what I wrote at all.

• dislike x 5

#6 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Ok, so I shot another 5 mg but this time after my morning and midday meals (which contain nuts and lots of ripe cheese and ham) and I also included some magarine because it is only fat soluble and I definitively felt something coming. It is not like yesterday, yesterday it was more amphetamin-ish like my nose would unblock and such. I ate 35mg total now in 24 hours, maybe it is just that the stuff is finally working as a MAOI. I measure blood pressure all the time and it is always normal.

I am really not sure what it is.

Edited by Aolministrator, 30 September 2014 - 02:36 PM.

• dislike x 3
  • like x 1

#7 Shorty

• 56 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

No, I was just mocking on the fact that he didn't read what I wrote at all.

I read what you wrote. It could have easily been interpreted in the way that you are afraid of the amphetamine metabolites and I responded by telling you why you shouldn't have to be. You could have been more precise in your wording or pointed out politely that I misinterpreted your post. Instead you chose to be a dick about it. I probably shouldn't be expecting basic etiquette from a fellow German though.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 2

#8 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

What a god-awful idea.

With rectal administration, you're still going to get metabolites in initial high concentrations because rectal administration does not completely bypass first pass metablolism.   You read that correctly, a large portion of the blood supply in the rectal area flows to the portal vein which is directly connected to the liver making it subject to first pass metabolism. Rectal administration of selegiline is not much better than oral administration. Worse, you have a portion of it not under going first-pass metabolism, meaning it will be more likely to inhibit MAO-A especially in recklessly high dosages.  Higher initial concentration of levoamphetamine metabolites + MAO-a inhibition is a good combo for a hypertensive crisis.

Sublingual administration on the other hand, will bypass first-pass metabolism, which will increase bioavailability. Take it sublingually if you are looking to increase BA without the initial flood of metabolites.

OP- You're taking irresponsibly high dosages as though there is a 'feeling' that comes along with selegiline. Selegiline IMHO is very not noticeable and it's effect build rather subtlety. I've taken high dosages to mimic the dosages used in narcolepsy studies and noticed very little.

Very childish of you to downvote shorty's posts because he is more or less right. The levoamphetamine metabolites in low dosages, are harmless. In stupidly high dosages like your own, they have the potential to produce parasympathetic nervous system stimulation, such as increased blood pressure and heart rate...

You had better read up on tyramine dietary restrictions at these dosages.

Edited by FW900, 30 September 2014 - 04:40 PM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 2

#9 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

I am disappointed in the response and have no time to reply. Sorry. I know Longecity has always been pretty pseudo-scientific and difficult, because people here largely never did real drugs and half of what's described here works through their imagination. Quite sick of it tbh, too frustrating. Shouldn't have asked in the first place.
  • dislike x 7

#10 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:07 AM

I am disappointed in the response and have no time to reply. Sorry. I know Longecity has always been pretty pseudo-scientific and difficult, because people here largely never did real drugs and half of what's described here works through their imagination. Quite sick of it tbh, too frustrating. Shouldn't have asked in the first place.

Hope you have a hypertensive crisis.

I was going to say in my own post, that only a rec drug user would be motivated to 'plug' as the only benefit of doing so for most drugs is just a quicker onset of euphoria. I didn't because I don't like accusatory statements or placing negative connotations on drug users (unless they deserve it). Should have said this in the first place.

The only one who is talking through his imagination is yourself. I gave you a logical explanation grounded in basic physiology and pharmacokinetics and you completely ignored it. You're the one asking for anecdotal pseudo-science and ignoring scientific information.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#11 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

Hope you have a hypertensive crisis.

I was going to say in my own post, that only a rec drug user would be motivated to 'plug' as the only benefit of doing so for most drugs is just a quicker onset of euphoria. I didn't because I don't like accusatory statements or placing negative connotations on drug users (unless they deserve it). Should have said this in the first place.

The only one who is talking through his imagination is yourself. I gave you a logical explanation grounded in basic physiology and pharmacokinetics and you completely ignored it. You're the one asking for anecdotal pseudo-science and ignoring scientific information.

Let me guess, you thought selegiline would make you fly, increase your girth, while making you figure out the theory of everything, and yet be completely devoid of side effects. I remember FW900 saying to someone here who was leaving Longecity to not let the door hit them on the way out. Well, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I hope you find your answer in bluelight, where people take "real drugs".

Make sure you take it easy on the cheese though l. You don't want to be the first selegiline case study.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#12 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

People ... I am just going to ignore your trollish responses.

This is Day 3 or so of rectal administration. I can feel the drug working immediately (likely just the amphetamine metabolites), but if it has higher bioavailability .. I can't tell. I currently tend to rather believe it does. I also feel it working better when I add 3-5 drops of vegetable oil and only use about 3ml of water. This is 52mg total in 4 days and 25mg or so in the first 24h *oral only*. Still eating quite plenty of tyramine-rich foods, aged cheese + aged ham with two meals and 0.6kg fresh pork per day. Blood pressure is like 128/63 with 55 pulse- sometimes if I am mentally active I have measured more (like 135/75 with 65 pulse) but only then - this after drinking an entire can of strong coffee and eating two meals in 1-2 hours .. so I think it is just the coffee. Those values are quite normal for my body, although I think blood pressure increased by 10% overall (especially if actively concentrating). Did 12 hour of hard and very physical work yesterday, blood pressure seems to be pretty good. But I notice in the blood vessels in my head that it is not just 'always somewhat too low' - that is maybe a bit concerning... maybe already on the level of smoking cigarettes.

I believe the drug is finally beginning to work in terms of MAOI. At least it feels like I have more mental 'steam pressure' going on in the engine without being slowed down by corresponding adrenal gland pain, which is all I really needed. If I can now manage to sleep just 8 hours instead of 13 hours without anxiety attacks and extreme exhaustion then that would be perfect.

I am also taking minor amounts of sulbutiamine, choline, piracetam and 'that l-dopa bean' which possibly enhance the effect (but unlikely because too inconsistent and dosages too small).

Edited by Aolministrator, 02 October 2014 - 11:57 AM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#13 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

Wow, I was quite impressed this evening. I ate white beans and olives and also tyrosine earlier. The tyrosine had the most apparent effect, but also with food I noticed that something was having a distinct effect as soon as it was digested. Tried 'sublingual' but what a joke it is: it dissolves so poorly and you will salviate until you swallowed most of it. If you do not have specially crafted micrometer-thin sublingual tablets which instantly dissolve and absorb, then you can maybe get 10-20% of the pill/powder/whatever to absorb in the mouth, if you try really hard that is ... in contrast to that: with rectal you probably get around 2/3rds of 90-95%ish while 10-5% will get lost in the fecal matter. Much much better profile.

I guess the MAOI is working properly now. I will continue with 5mg/day unless I notice it is too much. BP is around 125/65 to 135/80 with pulse 45-50 without coffee..

Edited by Aolministrator, 02 October 2014 - 11:10 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#14 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

[...]
I guess the MAOI is working properly now. I will continue with 5mg/day unless I notice it is too much. BP is around 125/65 to 135/80 with pulse 45-50 without coffee..

Hi Aolministr. I can see this thread have become a bit of a down-vote spiral for people involved which I think is a shame: reckon you are doing a pretty good, if unusual, self-experiment here. I hope you will continue updating.

• like x 1

#15 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

Unfortunately, I got a bit sick. Just the usual throat pain, a bit of mucus and slight coughing. My immune system is extremely good, but every time I started taking piracetam for longer than a week I cought something minor ..

So I am pausing one day of Selegiline today.

#16 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Update: I paused just that day because I had to work and I felt it was not beneficial at all to not take it.

Here are some minor observations: I bought the much less aged cheese and ham in the grocery store, because for the first time it rather appeared to taste repulsive/neutral than delicious. I can definitively notice that blood pressure increases with mental activity and psychological agitation. Maybe that is normal, but in the past to me it only really did increase in correlation to smoking or physical exercise and there was no real psychological component (except for immediate outside-stimuli that indirectly caused anxiety). It is now rather 135/65 with pulse 75 and my heart produces a slightly uncomfortable signal (which I already know from too much stress and smoking and it goes away if I just try to relax). Similarly my brain feels more under pressure, 'tighter', but not as much as that it would cause headaches. In bed since yesterday muscles in my knee started randomly twitching/vibrating. I already know that too from my youth and rarely in between it would resurface, never quite as strongly as now. I tried to research it once and some people were just guessing it could be a sign of upcoming epileptic seizures but actually no one knows what it means and I am not super-prone to seizures so I will not care much about it as long as it doesn't get worse than now.

Also: I took excessive amounts of melatonin yesterday and the day before yesterday, like candy and maybe 80mg total. It didn't really seem to do much, maybe something neurological I can't pinpoint, and it also most prominently changed interocular pressure at even 3mg which I immediately noticed and looked up and it is normal that it does. Today I noticed that my slight short-sightedness had entirely come back (and actually since I quit smoking I lost it and could see almost perfectly sharp again). Yesterday in bed I would begin to notice that my eyes did slightly hurt from the messed up pressure. So I think the melatonin did cause this problem and I hope it goes away again. I read that melatonin "should not" be taken with MAOI but without any explanantion to why. Seems it has a zillion metabolic pathways and one makes it into serotonin .. so whatever .. I still might be a bit pumped with that now, hence the twitching.

Regarding the Selegiline, I still haven't hit a point where I would say that I feel overpowered by the effect, which I still cannot truly ascertain, and I want to get there at least once. But of course I will not take it at the price of having dysregulated blood pressure. Sadly I think this will be the limiting factor and it won't get any better than it is now.

Hmm, this sensation in my heart valve it is strange ... I think I will play it safe and won't take any tomorrow. Also I am still somewhat sick. Took 80mg total in a week.

Edited by Aolministrator, 07 October 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#17 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:51 AM

What a god-awful idea.

With rectal administration, you're still going to get metabolites in initial high concentrations because rectal administration does not completely bypass first pass metablolism.   You read that correctly, a large portion of the blood supply in the rectal area flows to the portal vein which is directly connected to the liver making it subject to first pass metabolism. Rectal administration of selegiline is not much better than oral administration. Worse, you have a portion of it not under going first-pass metabolism, meaning it will be more likely to inhibit MAO-A especially in recklessly high dosages.  Higher initial concentration of levoamphetamine metabolites + MAO-a inhibition is a good combo for a hypertensive crisis.

Sublingual administration on the other hand, will bypass first-pass metabolism, which will increase bioavailability. Take it sublingually if you are looking to increase BA without the initial flood of metabolites.

OP- You're taking irresponsibly high dosages as though there is a 'feeling' that comes along with selegiline. Selegiline IMHO is very not noticeable and it's effect build rather subtlety. I've taken high dosages to mimic the dosages used in narcolepsy studies and noticed very little.

Very childish of you to downvote shorty's posts because he is more or less right. The levoamphetamine metabolites in low dosages, are harmless. In stupidly high dosages like your own, they have the potential to produce parasympathetic nervous system stimulation, such as increased blood pressure and heart rate...

You had better read up on tyramine dietary restrictions at these dosages.

NO. NO

get your research straight.

Firstly. Selegiline inhibits MAO-B irreversibly.. If you take in a dose which bypasses the threshold, then it inhibits MAO-A REVERSIBLY.. similarly to Moclobemide.

Fortunately the MAO-A inhibitory properties of selegiline lasts considerably less then its half life due to its weak binding to the enzyme.

Secondly, When an enzyme is inhibited reversibly, then it unbinds from the enzyme once the substrate reaches a certain concentration, i.e if serotonin saturation increases in the synaptic space above the concentration of selegiline, then selegiline would unbind from the enzyme and render it active again.

For this reason Emsam patches were created because you cannot create a reliable MAO-A inhibition with selegiline for long enough and strong enough.

Emsam patches even at the highest dose still doesnt require dietary restrictions contrary what was hypothesised as a requirement of unselective MAO inhibitor.

Similarly to Moclobemide, Moclobemide can be safely consumed with ligands that increase or modulate serotonin, although it 'could' be dangerous if the potential synergy isnt taken into account by lowering the dosage. but non the less...

Levomethamphetamine has negligible effect on dopamine. its effect on NA is 1/100th of dextromethamphetamine. not only that you are only getting a fraction of the selegiline being metabolised in to l-methamphetamine.

Selegiline it self attenuates dopamine induced release from amphetamines and is well known to 'dampen' the effects anecdotally. 

• dislike x 2

#18 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

NO. NO [<<<<<Really?]

get your research straight.

You begin with 'NO NO' and write a garbage post and expect me to get my research straight? Mine is flawless, unlike your research. Excuse my language, you need to backup your own goddamn conclusions, which you seemed to have stated so matter-of-factually, before you try to deconstruct the post you are trying to refute.

Firstly. Selegiline inhibits MAO-B irreversibly.. If you take in a dose which bypasses the threshold, then it inhibits MAO-A REVERSIBLY [Source needed].. similarly to Moclobemide.

Fortunately the MAO-A inhibitory properties of selegiline lasts considerably less then its half life due to its weak binding to the enzyme.

Selegiline selectively and irreversibly inhibits MAO-B in low dosages. As the dose continues to escalate, it will start to loose it's selectivity for MAO-B and will inhibit MAO-A, irreversibly. The entire goal of using it to treat depression is to inhibit MAO-A. If it only inhibited MAO-A for less than its half life; then show me the paper because I don't believe that. It would be near useless as an anti-depressant were this the case, even with 24/hr transdermal delivery. Show me the research and it will make my day.

Irreversible MAO-B and A inhibited demonstrated at high dosages http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7791031

Secondly, When an enzyme is inhibited reversibly, then it unbinds from the enzyme once the substrate reaches a certain concentration, i.e if serotonin saturation increases in the synaptic space above the concentration of selegiline, then selegiline would unbind from the enzyme and render it active again.

For this reason Emsam patches were created because you cannot create a reliable MAO-A inhibition with selegiline for long enough and strong enough.

Emsam patches even at the highest dose still doesnt require dietary restrictions contrary what was hypothesised as a requirement of unselective MAO inhibitor.

The first paragraph of what you wrote is incorrect if you are pertaining to selegiline; see above.

As for the second quoted paragraph; you made this up. That is not the reason EMSAM patches were developed. Selegiline has rather poor oral bioavailability and the patch solved this problem. The patch requires less dietary modification because gut MAO levels will not be inhibited to the extent and concentration they would have been had the drug been taken orally, thereby mitigating adverse reactions with tyramine.

And guess what? Despite the lack of documented hypertensive crises, tyramine can still elevate BP on the patch in higher dosages (12+mg/24). The package insert and official prescribing guideline even errs on the side of caution and recommends dietary modification in dosages larger than 8/mg/24.

Tyramine response observed in dosages of 12mg/24. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16855078

Packaging/Prescribing information: http://packageinsert...pi/pi_emsam.pdf

Levomethamphetamine has negligible effect on dopamine. its effect on NA is 1/100th of dextromethamphetamine. not only that you are only getting a fraction of the selegiline being metabolised in to l-methamphetamine.

The first part has nothing to do with what I said, I didn't imply it had significant dopamine release. Are you confusing norepinephrine with dopamine? I said that the metabolites will produce parasympathetic stimulation and effects. Dopamine release would not cause profound PNS stimulation. This stems norepinephrine release affinity.

L-methamphetamine is not the only metabolite of selegiline. Don't forget, l-amphetamine is also a metabolite. L-amphetamine has an even greater release affinity for NE than does D-amphetamine. It exceeds it, hence the reason people have are more inclined to have elevated BP/HR  on Adderall (25%, l-amphetamine) than Dexedrine (isomeric, d-amphetamine)

By the way, your wrong about it's affinity on NE; l-methamp has roughly 2x the affinity for NE release.

AFbbueg.jpg

• dislike x 1

#19 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:32 AM

Please people, you sound as amateurish as the average internists and still the question is not answered how rectal consumption possibly changes everything about the MAO-A/MAO-B and amphetamine-metabolite ratios, especially not if FW900 keeps overstating and overestimating the size of the portal vein in my asshole. It is not especially big and rather further inside.

Edited by Aolministrator, 09 October 2014 - 01:45 AM.

• dislike x 3

#20 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

OK, update again it is:

The Melatonin seems to have interfered as much with the observations made as the fact that I still have cought a cold and am coughing quite a lot. Still, what I have observed two times now is that whole tomatos seemed to have the most sensible effect on my brain of all foods, followed by big white beans and cheese (moderately aged). I am guessing this is due to tyramine, since those foods are listed on the *maybe* or *cautious* list of tyramine foods. Does anyone actually have a proper list of mg tyramine per kg of food? All you find online is a paywalled paper from 1996 and the same crappy/fuzzy advice on which foods to avoid and eat with caution repeated over and over (and which actually is largely a myth, since most foods on the list are pretty irrelevant). I have yet to see any meaningful blood pressure increases though that go beyond mere 10%+. But then again I am not blindly eating random quantities, but only if it makes sense to me. That rather might be the reason for lack of measurable tyramine evidence.

So what I did now is that I bought 3 kilo of tomatos and 6 tubes of tomato extract and I hope that I can get positive results by eating small amounts throughout the day. Half an hour later: yes, tomato definitively is a good source for this effect, no matter if it is extract or fresh tomatos.

Edited by Aolministrator, 13 October 2014 - 02:25 PM.

• dislike x 1

#21 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

Update:

I was eating lots of tomato juice, but the effect was exhausted quickly and not really beneficial. I am now mixing the Selergiline into my daily fluid intake of 4.5 liter diluted black tea (with a bit of cooking oil) and will try to draw a comparison. My guess is that it could be that the more it is evenly distributed (like with the skin patches) the less it is metabolized into amphetamine. In any case, it now is so to speak the most opposite method of consumption and thus most likely to do something better or worse.

• dislike x 1

#22 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

OK "ADMIN"

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#23 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

OK ... so I am like 8 days on wake-time evenly distributed (oil added) oral 5mg now and I think the effect is considerably different and much better, although not really striking like before. To sum it up, in lack of better words and observation capabilities: the rectal seems to do a lot of something at once, but it did so in a shitty manner. The evenly distributed oral naturally is hardly noticable. I am sadly not sure about the interference of the two or three melatonin mega-doses I took (and consequently the possible serotonin excess for the few following days) with the rectal... but now I think I am having less food and blood pressure related effects (though it might just be that my body adapted to the drug?). I can kind of just feel the mental effects more prominently when I digest food, but it is not like it is amping my blood pressure or doing anything uncontrolled psychologically so to speak .

So ... really not sure if this is just coincidence but I will continue oral by intuition because I can feel it now works in a desireable manner and before it did not and was kind of weird and had too many side effects. Maybe that is because now it does more MAO-B stuff and did too much MAO-A before, maybe I am actually just receiving a lower bioavailable dose and the positive effects are because I am finally recovering from smoking withdrawal (7th month no smoking) ... I can't tell you sadly because this is all taking place too faint and gradually.

Final conclusion: don't bother with rectal.

Edit: Hm, this makes me actually think back and I think there is a whole lot that changed for me psychologically the last 1-2 month because I quit smoking. Also I take piracetam and ashwagandha now which helps quite a bit and I am eating differently. I haven't exactly become more functional though any of it (because I am on a downward slope in terms of stress tolerance), but if I take my emotional issues as a measurement then I think it has made a turn now where I do not suffer from weird anxiety all the time and don't need to sleep at least 12 hours a day and fight off depression ... Who knows?

I think Selegiline is a good nootropic because it seems to me that it helps a little bit, like piracetam, but doesn't do anything dramatic unless you take more than 5mg or so and then the effect turns into shit anyway. Just got this impression the last month.

Edited by Aolministrator, 30 October 2014 - 10:33 AM.

• dislike x 2

#24 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

UPDATE:

I think I switched 1.5 month ago down to 2.5mg (from 5mg) because I was having really really long and intense thought processes that seemed threateningly complex and sometimes too demanding and life-controlling. This development has actually not exactly started through Selegiline but since I quit smoking and since then I never actually had any mental capacities to outlive it (so if it is just some kind of defective force then maybe I could learn to compensate for it given enough time and clarity of exposure?). Also I fear schizophrenic psychosis, not only because of OCDish anxiety but because I believe I have inherited this thought-component from my mother who actually had a really crippling psychotic episode in her early 30s (I am approaching that age).

So I am more or less very cautious. 5mg had more benefits but I am not so sure how much it gives my neurological "setups" the capacity to re-structure into the realms of "irriversibly overloaded" or "too demanding to use much". From what I can tell now from past and current introspective, with smoking/nicotine it did both suppress as well as intensify neurological complexity whereas selegiline does just seem to intensify/grow on it and this cannot truly be sustainable without frying the whole circuitry. Like a program that has become too huge to be stored in RAM and be computed in real-time.

Anyway, I have taken it again rectally. 2x5mg yesterday and today while on 2.5mg daily. I felt the blood pressure rise again and this cannot just be from the minute amounts of l-amphetamine metabolites which are possible from just 10mg but must also be because of considerably and directly inhibiting MAO-A.

So given the short timeframes and more solid guesstimates I suggest the following:

1. rectal bioavailability must be pretty damn high (like 70%+)

2. maximizing absorption speed will also maximize MAO-A inhibition

3. maximizing absorption speed will also maximize the amount of amphetamine metabolites

(4.) Like I have mentioned before, MAO regenerates and is inhibited *for the most part* more in the range of 2-3 days and not 1-3 weeks like literature would suggest

Conversely, this means that minimizing absorption speed thus keeping the most constant blood-level possible, will lead to the lowest losses of the drug towards amphetamine metabolites and maximize the ratio of MAO-B inhibition to MAO-A inhibition. Also I am drinking the stuff with a few drops of oil in 4.5L tea per day which I drink like diet coke and I am still noticing much of an effect, even better in a mental sense than rectally. So that tells me that either due to sublingual absorption or other means the bioavailability must be higher with this method than literature suggests for oral (which is <20%), and equally higher than I have experienced it to be briefly from just eating the stuff once or twice a day with a meal.

Otherwise, 2.5mg are not all that impressive. I have much ADHDish problems and symptoms that clearly caught my attention only after going down to this dosage and which remind me of childhood issues before I basically started to consequently chain-smoke all the time. Personally speaking I wouldn't care much but in terms of life-management I really need some medication. Nicotine worked very well for me but it is too addictive, as that I could take in a more controlled manner and for the worst part it taxes my physical health too much. I could only really tolerate this before without many disadvantages because I was young enough. So I will order some Modafinil now .. even though I have many doubts about it (esp. concerning long half life).

Edited by Aolministrator, 06 January 2015 - 10:03 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#25 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

Who votes this crap "Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1"? What is this? I only laugh about you.

Edited by Aolministrator, 06 January 2015 - 11:58 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selegiline, rectal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users