ADD Solved OCD Solved

ocd add solved

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dwayde3

• 25 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:23 PM

Well I think my issue of "ADD" was just OCD, I can now get in the "zone" like when I was a kid and come to think about it I now realize I've been obsessing this whole time. Yeah the voices are still present but  my OCD is 100% better and my ADD is none existent. For example today I picked up a book and read about 50 pages, before I could only read about 10-20 pages.

What was the "fix"?

Luvox, the psych upped it to 300mg. I was only taking 150mg before, he first upped it to 200mg for 3 weeks; 150mg at night 200mg in the morning. Now I'm taking 100mg in the morning and 200mg at night, also another thing, the focus I'm experiencing isn't an obsessive focus like I would experience on stims and in everday life it's definitely a more calm and relaxed focus. So my advice to people on this forum is to don't always think "I have a focus problem it must be ADD". I now KNOW that OCD can look like and cause ADD, you could be so focused that you can't focus if that makes any sense? Even while writing this I'm blown away by how much better my sentence structure is when it comes to commas, I can now PAUSE my thoughts, before when writing I would be so focused I wouldn't place them. I know my commas aren't perfect so it could be a bad example, it's just the fact that I can PAUSE my thoughts long enough to place them. Like I said and this is my main point, your "ADD" can really be OCD so be careful and think before you go shoving stims down your body. I wasted years thinking my main issue was ADD, it caused me and my family much turmoil. May the Lord use this to instruct and help people on this fourm.

• like x 1

#2 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:48 AM

To chime in with my own experience:

I couldn't focus on shit, I was sleeping the day away, smart but still useless. Then I found the right meds not even ADD meds. NSI-189, lithium, lamotrigine. Who would have guessed a bi polar regimen would work for me... certainly not my useless doctors. My ADD is far from good, I am extremely distractable but it is manageable and I can be productive. ADD was just a distraction in finding things that work for me and stimulants sent me off the deep end many times with endless nights of no sleep and crashing hard. 

Signing out on the same note. God loves those who help themselves.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Dichotohmy

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:11 AM

ADHD is a subjective, not-so-well defined diagnosis just like lot's of other mental illness and neurological disorders. Such is the alchemy and empirical-disconnect of the psychiatry profession. 

The right thing to do is not focus on the disorder at all, but rather on what works to treat the symptoms. It sounds like you found something to treat your particular symptoms, so consider that a victory and not so much a confirmation or denial of any particular mental condition.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ocd, add, solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users