vaccine

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

http://www.naturalne...frey_Swain.html

According to Ethan Huff of Natural News:

Another young girl has died from Gardasil, the infamous HPV vaccine manufactured by Merck & Co., and the medical establishment claims that it was a fluke. Twelve-year-old Meredith Prohaska from Waukesha, Wisconsin, died just a few hours after getting her Gardasil shot, and her parents are sure that the vaccine was the cause of death.

According to FOX6Now.com, Meredith was an otherwise healthy, fun-loving girl prior to her death. She did have a sore throat the day that she died, which is why her parents took her to the doctor in the first place. But it was a minor ailment that, in light of the events of that fateful day, couldn't possibly have killed her that quickly or coincidentally.

"It was the hardest thing when they called and said they don't know," stated Rebecca to FOX6Now.com. "There was no reason [for her death]. She was the healthiest 12-year-old."

.  .  .   when the media caught wind of the story, damage control was quickly engaged, with a professor and medical doctor from the Milwaukee Health Department claiming that the vaccine wasn't to blame.

This doctor and professor is known as Geoffrey Swain, and VacTruth.com reports that he has sucked heavily from the teat of Big Vaccine. According to Dr. Swain's resume, which is available through the Center for Urban Population Health (CUPH), this pro-vaccine spokesman has accepted more than $1 million from vaccine interests to defend and promote vaccines.  .  .  .  

Edited by Luminosity, 10 October 2014 - 05:55 AM.

• dislike x 4
  • like x 1

#2 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

That article reeks of vaxxer vibes. How many people have gotten this vaccine by now?

Lets say they gave it to a million people. Probably more. Statistics makes this possible without there being any nastyness with this vaccine.

I know three people who grew up in my area who died before the age of 24 due to congenital CVD problems, problems that were impossible to predict with today's suboptimal healthcare.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

This does seem to be another case of big pharm scamming the public. From a magazine article on Gardasil--

But thousands of women have also reported more worrisome issues, including crippling fatigue, paralysis, blindness, or autoimmune complications, and some have even died, according to CDC and FDA data...

While researchers aren't certain that grievances like these stem from direct Gardasil side effects (Cervarix hasn't been around long enough to amass complaints), "it's critical to note that more than 70 healthy young girls have died from a neurological reaction that occurred soon after getting Gardasil," says Harper [Diane Harper, a researcher in the area of HPV]. (The FDA is not required to act in response to any side effect that occurs in fewer than one in 10,000 people.) So if you're really concerned, she says, "you can avoid the risks by opting for a lifetime of Pap smear screening rather than vaccination."

Harper also says that "Gardasil has been associated with at least as many serious adverse events as there are deaths from cervical cancer developing each year."

• Informative x 1

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

The Human Papilloma Virus may reach the cervix of the uterus only via a sexual act. This is why I still can't answer my question why is it prescribed massively to 10-13 years old girls? Do they start to f...k at the age of 10?

If this death is due to some sort of a problem with the vaccine, don't expect the manufactoring company to volunteery admit, that this is so.

By the way, was there an autopsy of the girl?

• Good Point x 1

#5 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

This does seem to be another case of big pharm scamming the public. From a magazine article on Gardasil--

But thousands of women have also reported more worrisome issues, including crippling fatigue, paralysis, blindness, or autoimmune complications, and some have even died, according to CDC and FDA data...

While researchers aren't certain that grievances like these stem from direct Gardasil side effects (Cervarix hasn't been around long enough to amass complaints), "it's critical to note that more than 70 healthy young girls have died from a neurological reaction that occurred soon after getting Gardasil," says Harper [Diane Harper, a researcher in the area of HPV]. (The FDA is not required to act in response to any side effect that occurs in fewer than one in 10,000 people.) So if you're really concerned, she says, "you can avoid the risks by opting for a lifetime of Pap smear screening rather than vaccination."

Harper also says that "Gardasil has been associated with at least as many serious adverse events as there are deaths from cervical cancer developing each year."

That was a much more legitimate source. I retract my previous skepticism.

The Human Papilloma Virus may reach the cervix of the uterus only via a sexual act. This is why I still can't answer my question why is it prescribed massively to 10-13 years old girls? Do they start to f...k at the age of 10?

If this death is due to some sort of a problem with the vaccine, don't expect the manufactoring company to volunteery admit, that this is so.

By the way, was there an autopsy of the girl?

Many girls become sexually active at around 12-13. It certainly happened to many in my surrounding while growing up. As a young boy I was far too shy to make any advances so early though I envied those who had the courage ;)

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:42 PM

This vaccine has been given 170 million times as of April 2014.  It has side effect like venous thromboses that occur at a very low rate.  There have been 4 deaths due to that, as well as the 70 mentioned above.    This is a vaccine that substantially reduces the likelihood of not just cervical cancer but a bunch of other genital cancers, anal cancer, and protects against genital warts.  Dieing from it is a "one-in-a-million" thing.  Actually more like one in two million.  When people talk about risk/reward tradeoffs, this is what they are talking about.  People die from the various cancers it protects against,  a lot more than die from the vaccine.  It's a devastating tragedy when a child dies.  There's no way to sugar coat that, and no reason to.

• like x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

In 1998, it was reported that 12,800 women in the United States developed cancer of the uterine cervix, and 4,800 women died of the disease.

• like x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#8 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:08 PM

Because it is a prophylaxis vaccine, it must be taken before sexual activity occurs.  If significant sexual activity occurs before receiving the vaccine, it will not be as useful.  Most vaccines are required pre-exposure.  That's the point.

Therapeutic vaccines (for those already infected) are not available yet to the public.  And most of the therapeutic vaccines in development are also not as effective in the lab studies I've seen.

#9 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

As far as I know, there are some more than 100 types of papilloma viruses. The vaccine protects against only several of them. There comes the question,if it misses the majority of the HPV types, does it protects at all?

#10 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

There are only a few strains known to cause cancer of which the vaccine is supposed to protect against.  The rest are considered somewhat benign....at least as far as cancer concern which is what the vaccine was designed to address.  Like almost all things in life...risk management.

• like x 1

#11 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Probably not at 10, but many start at the age of 13-14 (oral sex and even just fingering also transmit it, so many girls (and boys) get the infection in their mouths, and many boys get the infection on their fingertips, often without overt symptoms).  Since you have to administer the vaccine BEFORE they can get exposed to the viruses, 10-13 is about the right age. 

By the way, most pre-vaccination adults have had some form of HPV, which can be non-symptomatic.  Chances are good you have it or have had it.    

Edited by nowayout, 11 October 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#12 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:11 AM

The deceased girl's mother was a Emergency Medical Technician in the National Guard for fourteen years.  One of the sources for the story was a local Fox News affiliate.  There are many accounts of healthy young girls dying or becoming disabled right after taking this vaccine. They are a small percentage, but it's not worth the risk since there are other ways to prevent or manage these conditions, one of which is more serious than the other.   Has it really been established that inactive or active HPV causes cervical cancer?  It might just spring from the same conditions.  If I was a young person thinking of taking this vaccine, I wouldn't, but it's a personal decision.  You're laying Russian roulette, but with better odds.  If you did that to your kid, however, you could end up like the mother in this story.  Make sure your kids are educated about STD's, and support them in making good choices and knowing they are worth waiting for and committing to.  

From the Washington Times April 10, 2013, by Dr. Peter Lind:

Judicial Watch announced it has received documents from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) revealing that its National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) has awarded $5,877,710 dollars to 49 victims in claims made against the highly controversial HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccines. To date 200 claims have been filed with VICP, with barely half adjudicated.

“This new information from the government shows that the serious safety concerns about the use of Gardasil have been well-founded. Public health officials should stop pushing Gardasil on children.” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

The CDC recommends the Gardasil vaccine, made by Merck Pharmaceuticals, for all females between 9 and 26 years to protect against HPV. Furthermore, the CDC says Gardasil is licensed, safe, and effective for males ages 9 through 26 years. 
The facts appear to contradict the FDA’s safety statements. The adverse reaction reports detail 26 new deaths reported between September 1, 2010 and September 15, 2011 as well as incidents of seizures, paralysis, blindness, pancreatitis, speech problems, short term memory loss and Guillain-Barré Syndrome. The documents come from the FDA’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) which is used by the FDA to monitor the safety of vaccines.

That’s 26 reported deaths of young, previously healthy, girls after Gardasil vaccination in just one year.

http://communities.w...rdasil-victims/

I wrote about this on the health section of my blog:

http://www.longecity...92/cat-5-health

Edited by Luminosity, 13 October 2014 - 01:30 AM.

• Informative x 1

#13 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

The CDC recommends the Gardasil vaccine, made by Merck Pharmaceuticals, for all females between 9 and 26 years to protect against HPV. Furthermore, the CDC says Gardasil is licensed, safe, and effective for males ages 9 through 26 years. 
The facts appear to contradict the FDA’s safety statements. ......

I smell some pharmacy propaganda here.

Another strange thing is that from the more than 100 types of human papilloma virus only several cause cancer, and these are exactly theese several, that the vaccine can protect.

• Good Point x 1

#14 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

The facts appear to contradict the FDA’s safety statements. ......

I smell some pharmacy propaganda here.

Another strange thing is that from the more than 100 types of human papilloma virus only several cause cancer, and these are exactly theese several, that the vaccine can protect.

Yeah isn't that weird. They choose to research vaccines for the pathogens that kill people rather than the ones who don't. That's so weird. Definitely a Conspiracy here.

• like x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#15 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

Believe it or not, the manufactorers, suppliers and distributors of whatever medical, no matter if it is drug, device, hospital equipment, or whatever else you can think of, twist the real science on a daily bases, and they are becomming harder and harder to be detected.

• Good Point x 1

#16 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:59 AM

I'm well aware of the problems with todays medical research.

Now, can you explain to me how it is a conspiracy that they choose to do research on the virus that was identified to cause cancer and not the other strains?

• Ill informed x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#17 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

As general, I am not an admirerer of the conspiracy theories, however, I can't deny, that fake science is evading the medical research.

It is possible, that the majority of the types, or all of the types of HPV (from the mre of 100 types of the HPV known) may cause cancer. The pahrmacy company simply can make a vaccine only against these exacly several types. This is why the science has to be twisted in such a way, so, that it to be known, that only these several types of HPV produce cancer. For the others,there has tobe known, that are compleely harmless.

• dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#18 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

Or these types do cause cancer and that's why research focused on them. Oh well

#19 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

Certainly. Everything is possible.

#20 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

This thread has actually stayed pretty sane, for a vaccine thread, until seivtcho's conspiracy theory popped up.  The FDA is staffed by a large number of scientists, and they do not approve drugs or vaccines that are fraudulent.  That's the whole point of the institution.  Further, there is a large community of independent scientists in academia, other institutions, and in competing drug companies who will evaluate the claims.  You simply can not pull off that kind of conspiracy.  It would be pointless anyway.

• like x 1

#21 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:42 AM

I am generally pro vaccination but there does seem to be disproportionate number of adverse effects related to this particular vaccine 'that we hear of' over other vaccines. And almost the entire population has in someway from birth had numerous doses of other vaccinations.

From what I also heard about this vaccine, it's not even full proof anyway. And there are questions regarding its effectiveness in black women. If it is not full proof, you will always need to get pap smears anyway, and people might get a false sense of security thinking they don't need a check up because 'they got the vaccine'

My questions are these.

If you are sexually promiscuous, if you do the annoying pap smear tests at the recommended intervals, do you have anything to worry about? Are the intervals designed that if you started to develop the cancer a day after your test, that it's still early enough at your next test to do something about it without a problem?

If you do not have sex, or you and your partner only have sex with each other and neither of you carry the HPV, do you need to worry about the cancer risk or do you even need to bother with the pap smears?

#22 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

I just read Dr. Sears "The Vaccine Book" (free from the library).  I thought it was a very balanced view.  
However, I am still confused about the need for some of the ingredients in there - especially aluminum.  It is said to make the vaccine "work better".  But I don't see any scientific proof of this (open to seeing some), unless its intent is to suppress the immune system.   

BTW I am someone who never gets flu shots, because I do generally do not get the flu for any length of time since going on high dose vitamin C.  My trust in conventional medicine varies from zero (statins, most BP medicines, lots of other bad drugs) to pretty good (emergency medicine) to hopefull (stem cells, rejuvenation therapies, energy medicine)

I am often surprised at the zeal on both sides of the Vaccine argument (defending and attacking).   I don't see anything wrong with taking a pause and introducing some sanity to the number and timing of shots given to children especially before they can speak and properly communicate any non obvious symptoms from side effects.

(With things not likely to contract before the given age of course).

#23 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:53 AM

http://www.scienceda...00303193113.htm

Aluminum adjuvants in vaccinations: How do they really work?

A new article in Trends in Immunology by a leading researcher in the bioinorganic chemistry of aluminum, Keele University's Dr. Christopher Exley, explains how aluminum adjuvants work in boosting the immune response to vaccination.

Adjuvants are used in vaccinations to improve the efficacy of the vaccine. They enhance the immune response to the vaccine. For almost 80 years the most common form of clinically approved adjuvant has been aluminum salts. They are used in the majority of vaccines today including vaccines against cervical cancer (HPV), hepatitis, polio, tetanus, diptheria and seasonal flu amongst many others. In spite of the widespread use of aluminum-based adjuvants there is very little understanding of how they actually work.

A recent flurry of research papers purported to explain their mode of action though it quickly became clear that the story was still significantly confused.

The opinion article by Exley -- Reader in Bioinorganic Chemistry at The Birchall Centre, Keele University in Staffordshire -- in the review journal has explained the likely mode of action of aluminum adjuvants in the context of both the bioinorganic chemistry and immunobiology of aluminum. It has helped to explain why previous suggestions as how aluminum adjuvants work are probably not applicable to the clinically approved aluminum adjuvants used in human vaccination programs.

In doing so, the article highlights the potential for aluminum and aluminum salts to stimulate the immune system and makes some reference to the possible role of aluminum adjuvants in vaccine-related diseases. The latter, though their etiologies are largely unexplained, seem often to be linked to aluminum adjuvants.

Story Source:

The above story is based on materials provided by Keele University. Note: Materials may be edited for content and length.

Journal Reference:

1. Christopher Exley, Peter Siesjö, and Håkan Eriksson. The immunobiology of aluminium adjuvants: how do they really work? Trends in Immunology, 2010; DOI: 10.1016/j.it.2009.12.009

• like x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#24 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:01 AM

Thanks for the info Hebbeh.  

Taken from the Gardisil label found online:

What are the ingredients in GARDASIL? 

The ingredients are proteins of HPV Types 6, 11, 16, and 18, amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate sulfate, yeast protein, sodium chloride, L-histidine, polysorbate 80, sodium borate, and water for injection.

Mercury has  been added to vaccines as an adjuvant as well although I think they claimed it was a preservative.  There weren't less toxic preservatives to inject into children?  If they needed mercury for an adjuvant before are they just doing without it like they say?  

No mercury or thimerisol  is listed as an ingredient in Gardasil.  I wonder if it really isn't there. The neurotoxic effects this vaccine has on some people seem like they could be related to mercury exposure.  Is anyone aware of any independent testing on Gardasil or other mercury-free vaccines to look for mercury?

This is a thread to my blog post on Gardasil, although all the info is here now.  The link above was to the health section of my blog.

So far the discussion has been kind of sane and fairly courteous.  So far, so good.  

Edited by Luminosity, 14 October 2014 - 05:14 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#25 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

I heard that mercury in vaccines is 'ethyl mercury' and that it can break down and be eliminated from the body. The mercury in toxic seafood etc is 'methyl mercury'. It does not break down or gets eliminated at least easily from the body.

Anti vaccination advocates will never make the distinction because it tears apart their argument.

I used to like natural news and Mike Adams. But he is another fruit loop and cash for comment con man like Mercola and others. I take everything they say with a grain of salt.
  • Ill informed x 1

#26 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:29 PM

Whatever petty downsides vaccines have those effects are little drops next to a tsunami of misery that was life in the pre-vaccine world.

But I guess it feels nice to have an enemy that is easy to distinguish and attack.

Edited by Cosmicalstorm, 14 October 2014 - 12:30 PM.

• like x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1

#27 Blankspace

• 48 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

PBS NOVA did a show on vaccination just last month (Sept.10th) that covered the issues of vaccinating vs not vaccinating.  The video is available to watch here:

http://www.pbs.org/w...ling-shots.html

In the related links below the video they go more in-depth covering a variety of vaccine topics. Here is the one on HPV and Cancer:

http://www.pbs.org/w...nes-cancer.html

#28 Luminosity

• Topic Starter
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:19 AM

Losing your daughter is "petty?"

You heard there is a benevolent form of mercury?  

Well, that settles it.

The story is not just from Natural News,  It also comes originally from other sources, including mainstream local news.  I found it at Natural News.  Apparently the mainstream national media wasn't going to report it.  That is one reason I look at Natural News even if some of the stories are over the top or poorly supported.  I'm not aware that Mike Adams is featuring stories to get money.  Back that up.         

Edited by Luminosity, 15 October 2014 - 05:27 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#29 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:12 AM

This thread has actually stayed pretty sane, for a vaccine thread, until seivtcho's conspiracy theory popped up.  The FDA is staffed by a large number of scientists, and they do not approve drugs or vaccines that are fraudulent.  That's the whole point of the institution.  Further, there is a large community of independent scientists in academia, other institutions, and in competing drug companies who will evaluate the claims.  You simply can not pull off that kind of conspiracy.  It would be pointless anyway.

I don't admire the conspiracy. Specifically this vaccine worths to be investigated.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

You heard there is a benevolent form of mercury?  

Well, that settles it.

I don't think anyone said "benevolent", but doesn't it stand to reason that there could be both more toxic and less toxic compounds containing mercury?  This is from the Wikipedia page on thimerosal:

Ethylmercury clears from blood with a half-life of about 18 days in adults. Ethylmercury is eliminated from the brain in about 14 days in infant monkeys. Risk assessment for effects on the nervous system have been made by extrapolating from dose-response relationships for methylmercury.[17] Methylmercury and ethylmercury distribute to all body tissues, crossing the blood–brain barrier and the placental barrier, and ethylmercury also moves freely throughout the body.[18] Concerns based on extrapolations from methylmercury caused thiomersal to be removed from U.S. childhood vaccines, starting in 1999. Since then, it has been found that ethylmercury is eliminated from the body and the brain significantly faster than methylmercury, so the late-1990s risk assessments turned out to be overly conservative.[17] Though inorganic mercury metabolized from ethylmercury has a much longer half-life in the brain, at least 120 days, it appears to be much less toxic than the inorganic mercury produced from mercury vapor, for reasons not yet understood.[17]

• Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vaccine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users