Drugs to induce a nap?

sleep nap napping naps nootropics supplements drugs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 j_harding

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

Does anyone know of any drugs/supplements that could induce a nap but not keep you groggy?

It would be nice to get something with a super-short half-life that just "knocks you out".

Any ideas?

#2 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

How long of a nap?

Sodium oxybate (Xyrem, GHB) has a relatively short duration (4 hours) and promotes stage IV sleep (deep sleep). The deep sleep tends to make you more alert upon waking, hence why narcoleptics who suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness, usually notice improvement from a twice nightly session of Xyrem. Taking it for a four hour nap should have the same restorative effect.

Apart from that, I do not know of any other solution. I have been trying to obtain Delta-Sleep-Inducing-Peptide (DISP), and I would imagine if it had a short duration, it could be used for as a nap enhancer.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:51 AM

Well I like to use lavender oil: inhale and take few drops orally (with water or something). It doesn't knock you out but quickly gets you nicely relaxed for the nap. The inhalation of the aroma itself changes the state of mind to that of calm and lavender oil actually has effect similar to pregabalin at calcium channels but is shorter acting:

http://www.plosone.o...al.pone.0059998

#4 j_harding

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

How long of a nap?

I was aiming for 1.5 hours but it would be useful to be able to do some longer or shorter depending on my schedule that day. Some days I can only power-nap. But after a sleepless night, it would be nice to be able to have a nap in the 3 hour range.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried the lavender oil and was pleasantly surprised by the results. I wouldn't say it's a complete solution for me, but it definitely helps! Thanks for the input.

#5 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

Strong antihistamines like hydroxyzine with/or beta blockers like propanolol under the tongue work in my experience, also adjust the temperature of your room so its cold, that bound to induce sleep as long as you are not an insomniac. What I like doing is set a temperature timer so the temperature gets hot when you need to wake up, its hard to not go overshoot sleep if you are tired

As long as you set the timer to about 27 to 30 minutes you should not fall into deeper sleep. Since the half life of most of these drugs are 3 hours you might overshoot though, but not something to hugely to worry about unless you might miss an important appointment, or nobody to wake you up.

Also "flip" your awareness to your body, even if you do not fall asleep a short 6 to 10 minute mediative break is good. Cancel out all noise and visual distractions too as much as possible.

Edited by Major Legend, 18 October 2014 - 01:32 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2022 - 07:08 PM

Naps usually make me feel worse and I Wake up before the sleep cycle ends multiple times. I think it is to do with being unhealthy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep, nap, napping, naps, nootropics, supplements, drugs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users