piracetam

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mochaman

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:15 AM

Hi,

I know this question has been asked a dozen times but I'm supplementing with Piracetam, Choline and Alcar and i'm unsure whats the best way to go about doing this. 

I've heard its best to wake up, take 2g 30 minutes before eating and then take another 2g 30 minutes before lunch. Then to take Choline with your last meal of the night. 

I know the sweet spot is meant to be 4.8grams a day but does it matter if you take say 5 grams? Generally my capsules ( capping myself) tend to be around the 1 - 1.2gram mark. 

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but I have exams coming up and really want to do well. 

Thanks for any help 

#2 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

I take 5 or 6 grams twice daily, and 250mg of CDP Choline at night so I don't get a headache, which, if you don't take a lot of nootropics, you really don't have to worry about it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mochaman

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:32 PM

So don't really worry about choline if you don't take a lot of piracetam ? 

#4 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

It depends on your own neurobiology - we are different.

Try your first week on piracetam without choline. If you get headaches or poor results, for the following week, take a certain choline dose and see if that is better. If yes, slightly raise the dose for the third week.

Evaluate and compare. Typical things to notice are mental performance, mood, muscle tension, head pressure/headaches.

A headache can be due to either too much or too little choline.

Generally, if it is due to too much choline, it will be accompanied by low mood and muscle stiffness, especially apparent in the neck.

#5 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:39 AM

Also, if you take anything that inhibits acetylcholinesterase (AChE), the enzyme that breaks down choline, naturally that will affect results.

http://en.wikipedia....erase_inhibitor

http://examine.com/f...ould-i-use.html

#6 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:28 AM

With caffeine and if you are dosing chronically, a choline source.

#7 mochaman

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

It depends on your own neurobiology - we are different.

Try your first week on piracetam without choline. If you get headaches or poor results, for the following week, take a certain choline dose and see if that is better. If yes, slightly raise the dose for the third week.

Evaluate and compare. Typical things to notice are mental performance, mood, muscle tension, head pressure/headaches.

A headache can be due to either too much or too little choline.

Generally, if it is due to too much choline, it will be accompanied by low mood and muscle stiffness, especially apparent in the neck.

Well i've been on Piracetam for 3 days now and i've noticed my brain feeling tired and a bit cloudy but my mood has been very good and i've been feeling happy. Today I woke up and took 3 capsules of Piracetam, waited an hour and then took my Alcar along with 3 eggs which should be plenty of Chlorine, few hours later I took another 3 capsules. 

I also have run into a problem where my scale to measure each capsule isn't measuring correctly yet when I tested it using a 500gram weight it was fine so i'm not sure if i'm taking the right dose. Do the effects differ between 4.8 grams and 6 grams ? 

Whats the best way to combine if I want to take Piracetam with Alcar and focus XT ? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

If choline is needed, it will be before the piracetam rather than after. But, as long as you take the choline on the same time every day, perhaps that does not matter so much. Many people take their choline before bed. However, this could have the side effect of lighter sleep and more vivid dreams (some would be lucid dreamers use choline and acetylcholinesterase inhibitors for this very purpose).

I am not clear on ALCAR and choline and their exact relation to each other, so I would google that if I were you.

Check out Science Guy's thread regarding dose:

http://www.longecity...-48-grams-dose/

Not familiar with Focus XT.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users