- - - - -

Diagnostic tool

diagnostic tool

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

Is anyone interessted in searching for ways to create a diagnostic tool which could help finding diseases like cancer etc. in their early stage?

I thought about combining non dangerous methods of imaging technology (so nothing with x-rays) to enable a "family physician" or a layperson to collect informations similar to those from MRI or a CT-Scan.

Any Ideas in which way to go with this?

What do you think about the Idea in general?

#2 YOLF

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:23 AM

Sounds interesting. You have my ear.

#3 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

I would donate my webspace (at Hostgator) to the cause if someone else is willing to help me a bit at maintaining the whole thing.

I know how to make html pages, use css, php, and make flash animations, but i dont know much about Java Script.

Any Volunteers*?

*Maybe for other projects I have in mind too

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

I know some JavaScript :)

#5 YOLF

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

I could put some out of the box open source stuff on your server for free and help with media... Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

#6 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

Good! I have to think of a convenient way of communication (elswhere, I dont want to spam the Forum... too much), and try to get a few more people.

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:00 AM

I thought about combining non dangerous methods of imaging technology (so nothing with x-rays) to enable a "family physician" or a layperson to collect informations similar to those from MRI or a CT-Scan.

If there were a way to get information similar to an MRI or CT scan without actually using those instruments, I don't think they would exist.  How do you guys plan to acquire such information?  An iphone app?

#8 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

The ultrasound can go thorough you, and it is harmless. Plus it reflects from each tissue types differently. In theory it is possible to be used for visualisation.... The sonography proves it. If you buy a cheap ultrasound transducer in theory you should be able to drive it with a pc...

#9 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

Im not going to be queuing up for treatment from some fool who has a poor concept of how a body works. I don't want a treatment that fosters a worse cancer to take over in ten years time. I realise that cancer in usually the bodies own mechanism that's brought into action to counter the poor condions already present in the body. There's advice around for people who live with it for many years some choose to cure themselves, some choose to just live with it. Theres thousands apon thousands of testimonials on the web about how people lived without the horrors of chemo n radiological therapy. Don't expect someone else to be a doctor for you in these matters unless it's skin cancer, you know the sort that can sort themselves out anyway. If your reaction to this post is fearful, angry or mocking then I'm sorry but I refusd to entertain you. If you are concerned for my mental wealthare or the danger I may be putting cancer sufferers at risk, then I say this. When an encouraged system of monetary ego driven decision makers keep denying funds for research that don't involve patented poisons, that will be a turning point for what some call medicine! Budwig, distilled water, exercise in moderation to start, silkworm enzyme, veg juicing, organic D3, herb oils and herbs, return the good bacteria. Cancer will find you, if you don't feel 100% go to the doctors by all means, but don't touch the friendly drugs! If you're not a knowledgeable immunologist you won't have a clue what vacations/drugs are really doing for you!!! Look for cancer indeed...don't waste time forming to main media hype, I won't repeat this message hundreds of times throughout different outlets to brainwash you, instead I hope ths truth finds you one way or another. Sorry if that put a damper on things, maybe someone may have a fairly reliable newly thoughtout method to detect a cancer or more? Anyone want to share a concise method of cancer detection? Anyone?
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#10 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:39 PM

And after all that said, don't you want to have a harmless method, that to diagnose the cancer as early as possible. Something like inexpensive 3D ultrasonic diagnostic Elyseum MedPod in your home, where you can lie down for several minutes and the machine to tell you if there is a reason to go to the doctor?

#11 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

I suppose you're right, I got a bore scope the other week for £15 years ago they used to be hundreds! The software would have to be pretty advanced to resolute a cancer many times they can look just like normal cells! Let see if a bright uni student could rise to the task.

#12 YOLF

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

I'd support (by promoting it to the board) a grant for someone to develop and effective home ultrasound machine. 

#13 Jose_LER

• 83 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:33 AM

I would donate my webspace (at Hostgator) to the cause if someone else is willing to help me a bit at maintaining the whole thing.

I know how to make html pages, use css, php, and make flash animations, but i dont know much about Java Script.

Any Volunteers*?

I really like your idea because I've thought about it too. Using a machine to "read" the body and extract information. After that, the information can be examined using an artificial intelligence engine and big data to get as a result information that can be use to predict future health problems. That is called predictive analytics applied to biology.

I thought that the technology that can be used is one that is currently used in aerospace and telescopes. I've emailed several people asking about if that was possible, but it seems that technology hasn't never applied into biology.

#14 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

Any Volunteers*?

I really like your idea because I've thought about it too. Using a machine to "read" the body and extract information. After that, the information can be examined using an artificial intelligence engine and big data to get as a result information that can be use to predict future health problems. That is called predictive analytics applied to biology.

I thought that the technology that can be used is one that is currently used in aerospace and telescopes. I've emailed several people asking about if that was possible, but it seems that technology hasn't never applied into biology.

You could also use the accumulated data to find out more about developments in the general population.

At the moment I have put up a singularity wiki, to this i will tend first , then ill take care for the CMS for this project.

Any suggestions for a good CMS?

#15 Jose_LER

• 83 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

Any Volunteers*?

You could also use the accumulated data to find out more about developments in the general population.

At the moment I have put up a singularity wiki, to this i will tend first , then ill take care for the CMS for this project.

Any suggestions for a good CMS?

What is CMS?

#16 A941

• Topic Starter
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

A Content Management System!

I tried Drupal, but i didnt like it.

I would prefer something with a forum, a gallery for individual users, blogs and a nice "main page".

I would do it myself but unfortunately iam only good at html,css, and php5 but not in Javascript(which is esential for making it look and work decent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diagnostic, tool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users