• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Took too much L-Theanine. Will I be okay?

l-theanine theanine green tea caffeine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 greensky7

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hello,

I'm an idiot and took much L-Theanine. I measured out 2 grams of the stuff and took it on Tuesday and Wednesday around 11am on both days. I felt relaxed and calm for a couple of hours on both days, then my mind started racing out of control afterward. It put me into a terrible, angry mood for a couple of hours on both days. I realized later on, that I should have been taking around 200mg of the stuff.

Will this cause any sort of permanent damage or will my brain balance itself out?  I didn't take any Theanine today and feel fairly normal.  Drank 2 cups of joe so I feel slightly irriable and uptight from that (which I normally do).  I still feel a little off though.  Slightly more difficult to focus than usual, but not by a lot.

Your advice is appreciated,

Green

#2 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

half life is about 3 hours, so it is out of your system by now.  I never heard of accidental dose that high.... but I highly doubt any damage was done.. I would not worry

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Nootropic Milk Hotel

• 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

People have taken many times as much and been fine. Don't worry about it.

#4 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

On the danger scale, you don't even register. You're just going to feel a bit sedated and unfocused.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

I think you'll be just fine. L-theanine appears to be amazingly safe. http://examine.com/s...anine/#summary7

Overdosing on green tea extract (EGCG) is a real possibility though.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l-theanine, theanine, green tea, caffeine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users