Request for help buying a cell phone

cell phone phones texting cell tracfone prepaid phone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John2009

• 110 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

Hello everyone,

I have never really had a cell phone for any significant length of time and never really used the one I had. I want to get just a basic phone for emergencies and making short calls when I really need to. I do not think I need a smart phone, plus I want something cheaper, ideally, say $50.00 or less if possible. I would like to be able to send a text and being able to take a picture would be nice, but I mainly want a dependable phone for emergencies. I had a low cost Samsung model for a little while, but the battery went dead and would not take a charge.

I would like to just buy time from www.tracfone.com . My phone company recently dropped cell phones all together.

There is a phone on the tracfone site called "the big easy flip" for $29.00 which would seem to have everything I need, plus it has a big number keypad which I like. The phone is shown here...

http://www.tracfone-...sionId=25744449

The phone seemed to get pretty good reviews on Amazon, except that a few people said they had to charge it everyday to keep the battery from running down. Still, others say that this is basically normal with cell phones. Is this true ?

http://www.amazon.co...easy flip phone

I would appreciate it if you guys could recommend a decent dependable phone for me. I have no expreience with these things and I'm lost when it comes to phones. Should I give "the big easy flip" a try or do you guys think I can get a better phone in this price range ?

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
John

#2 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

There aremany people just throwing on the garbage working old models of cell phones, because they can't sell them anymore, and they have newer ones.

In which country do you live? Someone from your country will not mind giving you a working GSM.

#3 John2009

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

Thanks for your reply sivtcho,

I live in the USA. I don't mind buying one, I'm just hoping someone can recommend a good dependable one in around the 50$ price range and perhaps a good prepaid plan to use. What do you guys think of the Alcatel 392G "The Big Easy Flip" shown at the amazon link I posted ? It seems to get good reviews overall, but several people have complained about poor battery life.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cell phone, phones, texting, cell, tracfone, prepaid phone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users