- - - - -

C60 and Rheumatoid Arthritis

c60 disease

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

I am new here and reading some the post's and the results has piqued my interest in C60. 

Does anyone have any information or thoughts on the effects if any on Rheumatoid Arthritis using C60? I was diagnosed over 2 years ago. I am currently taking Enbrel with some results it allows me to be functional with the disease I have a job and I am able to do somethings that said still wake up with joint pain swelling going to the gym or lifting weight is pretty much off the table.

Any thoughts?

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

C60 might help, though I'd also try reduced l-glutathione, magnesium, MSM, and ginger root.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

It may or may not help.  It would help certain kinds of inflammatory pathways, but might make others worse.  There are reports in the literature of other fullerene compounds (polyhydroxylated fullerenes known as "fullerols") inducing a Th2 to Th1 shift, which would be a negative for RA.  Ref  The fact that you are using Enbrel might make this a non-issue, however.  If you should happen to try it, post your results.  There is some history of fullerenes being beneficial for OA.

#4 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

I did find this which seems promising, qualifier I am a laymen and I struggle understanding the info. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2775692/

Something else that I found is it appears someone has applied for a patent.

http://www.google.co...tents/US8440893

If I give it a shot I will post what type of results I have. Is there a standard format used for documenting before and after results? 

Edited by smccomas01, 23 October 2014 - 08:50 PM.

#5 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

For a trial of the C60 just buy some, and see how it works for you. It is the best ways to find out I think. MSM might work as well. There is a liniment gel you can buy on Ebay or other places that can do some amazing relief duty

, that has MSM in it, and if is going to work a little dab will do you on an area. Don't laugh, but it is sold for use on horses LOL It is called Thermaflex. I didn't think for asecond it could help my shoulder that was really killing me for days, but this girl insisted I try it and rubbed some on my shoulder blade and in minutes I could feel is burn and the pain leaving. I got a good night sleep and the next day the pain came back, so I rubber a small dab on he area again, and it worked again. After maybe a week of doing it if the pain showed up the pain went away. Finding something to stop it, when aspirin wouldn't, nor prednesone, nor C60, amazed me. It is in my arsenal now LOL I have powdered MSM too and have tried it.

#6 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the reply I will be interested to see if it has any effect on the swelling in my knees. I have had it for over a year and unless something dramatic changes I do not see it going away. 

#7 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:38 AM

As I understand nerves, ligaments and tendons are the slowest healing parts of the body.  Having weight lifted for years I can assure you joint supports are important for the weak spots to prevent damage.  At the age of 59 in 2009 dead lifting 500 lbs I tore both bicep tendons, as my muscles were growing faster than my tendons. (Yes I have pics doing it also).  The Andrews Sports Institute in Gulf Breeze, Fla that operates on Alabama, Auburn and the Washington Redskins football teams had no answer after 3 years. There only comment was it was not torn bad enough to tell where to operate. Simply minded medical solution !

I was down to one arm and could lift hardly anything with the left one. If I slept and straighten my arm out it was painful enough to awaken me. I wore Cho-pat knee straps on the bicep to do yard work. 

Then a smart friend recommended Vitalzym Systemic Enzymes, used as a pain killer in Europe. The 360 bee wax coated pills are available on Amazon. Normal dose is 3 pills daily.  Your bodies production of Systemic Enzymes declines rapidly after age 27.  They are catalyst involved in 3,000 + body functions. They speed up healing, reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure naturally as they are from plants. One can not take these and take blood pressure meds also. 

I took 3 vitalzym pills for a few days and noticed nothing.. so I increased the dosage to 6 @ 3-4 x/day .. and after 90 days I healed both bicep tendons 90%.. that was 4 years ago.. I still have a slight 10% issue with the left tendon. 

Being on C60 for 2 weeks now I thought this might be beneficial for my tendon.. so I rubbed it on them a few times.. Usually doing any physical activity for long causes me to feel it in the left tendon the next day.  I have been painting a rehab the last 5 days for 4-6 hours a day. I have felt nothing in my left bicep, as well as a total lack of soreness, stiffness, or aches from the painting.  This is a first, as I have always been amazed at how a little paint brush and roller can cause so much soreness. ( I had been putting this painting job off the last 3 months due to a painful pinched nerve in my hip. The C60 reduced the pain 70% in one day... I've had no increase problem in that area from the painting either.) 

So I would recommend the following for joints..and arthritis pain. 

Systemic Enzymes in high doses.  Vitalzym I consider the strongest. 

Support straps.  Donjoy reaction knee braces are available at from  http://www.betterbra...CFeVaMgodjCUAlg

14% Gallium Nitrate horse liniment.. a capful.. once a day.. It removed 90% of my knee pain in one day.. April 20013. I applied it for 3 weeks daily and have only used it when I aggravate it.. It reduces inflammation and helps ligaments absorb nutrients. They use a 43% for horses.. available from www.galliumnitrate.com.  I have used it on elderly peoples deformed hands and instantly the pain disappeared and they could close their stiff hands.  

MSM-Sulfur is also given to Thoroughbred horses before and after racing.  Sulfur is a mineral that is in every cell membrane of the body.  One normally requires about 4,000 mg a day.. I take 1 rounded teaspoon 1-2 x /day for back issues. 

NeoCell Collagen+C type 1&3 might provide nutrients for the joints also.  

I would rub C60 on your joints also. 

#8 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:23 PM

Thank you for the response I have ordered the C60 OO will be trying it soon. Question for the group I have swelling in the following areas. Right ankle, left knee and some in the right knee. Minor swelling left wrist below the thumb joint on the wrist. Would it be worth it to the group to post pictures, I have had the swelling in these areas for about a year or more so the likely hood of it going away is pretty low. I have also experienced muscle atrophy along with weight loss before I got sick average weight was between 160 to 165 pounds I am now up to a whopping 146 woo hoo!!!  

#9 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

I forgot to mention "Low Dose Naltrexone" (LDN) 4.5mg, which cost $1/day ...  tricks the body to optimize the immunity system 300%.  Search youtube to watch the Research MDs discuss using it since 1985 for AIDS and Cancer patients. It stops the progression of Arthritis, MS, Parkinson'sAlzheimer's and Cancer.. it actually cures cancer per the MDs. 

I have been on it 4 years and it stopped severe hives I had had for 8 years, with flare ups 3 times a week the last year or so.. and the MDs never figured out the reason. It stopped the hives and I have had no colds or sinus infections either. 

One is suppose to take 600 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) a day using it. It was the Gov't Research MD for ALA who started working with AIDS patients that came up with this. He said all we have to do is stop the brain endorphin that are tied to the immunity system (beats me what that means?), the body will think it crashed.. and on the rebound it flood the system with 300% more endorphin and immunity cells.

Arthritis in the family is one reason I take LDN, as preventive Rx.  

#10 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

Received my order today (from Vaughn) took a double dose this evening plan on taking singled dose am single dose evening then off for 2 days. Been a little over an hour maybe a little be more energy could be placebo. Ringing in the ears which for me is normal (USMC Infantry for 6 years)  

#11 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

He said all we have to do is stop the brain endorphin that are tied to the immunity system (beats me what that means?), the body will think it crashed.. and on the rebound it flood the system with 300% more endorphin and immunity cells.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, but that explanation doesn't make sense to me.  In autoimmune diseases like RA, you want to decrease the aspects of the immune system that attack the body, not increase it. 

Edited by nowayout, 04 November 2014 - 03:35 PM.

• Agree x 1

#12 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:27 PM

I did not make this up.. that was the MD's statement. 

My conclusion is .. Auto Immune Diseases are mislabeled.. I think it is more of a Immune imbalance.. like having water in your gas tank.. and it is misfiring.

The MDs now say LDN actually Optimizes and Resets the Immune System.. but does not Increase it.  

They also state that one can take LDN with any cancer treatment, in case anyone is concerned. 

All I know is it worked for me.

#13 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

Update I do notice some effects since starting the C60 OO, more energy better mood ect. Unfortunately nothing on the RA front still have swelling in knee's and ankle. This does not mean I am going to stop maybe something will change later however as of now nada.  

#14 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:40 PM

Then a smart friend recommended Vitalzym Systemic Enzymes, used as a pain killer in Europe. The 360 bee wax coated pills are available on Amazon. Normal dose is 3 pills daily.  Your bodies production of Systemic Enzymes declines rapidly after age 27.  They are catalyst involved in 3,000 + body functions. They speed up healing, reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure naturally as they are from plants. One can not take these and take blood pressure meds also. 

I took 3 vitalzym pills for a few days and noticed nothing.. so I increased the dosage to 6 @ 3-4 x/day .. and after 90 days I healed both bicep tendons 90%.. that was 4 years ago.. I still have a slight 10% issue with the left tendon. 

Systemic enzymes sound very interesting - are there studies that indicate they really work?

• like x 1

#15 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

The main thing is to realize your body produces them in abundance .. .until you hit age 27.. So the body requires them.   

Pancreatic systemic enzymes were used in 1910 to cure cancer, by stripping the protective coating off of them..... a MD wrote a book on it, and it has recently been reproduced thanks to Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez, in NY.. it is available on Amazon.  Search for this article.. that explains it.. 

The Trophoblast and the Origins of Cancer !

Article in Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine

The peer-reviewed journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine is including an article by Dr.Gonzalez in its special issue on cancer. The article is entitled “The History of the Enzyme Treatment of Cancer” and can be accessed at ..   http://alternative-t...202Gonzalez.pdf

One Man Alone: An Investigation of Nutrition, Cancer, and William Donald Kelley [Paperback] - by, Dr. Gonzalez, M.D.

Enzymes and Cancer DVD by Dr. Gonzalez, M.D.
Cancer: Curing the Incurable Without Surgery, Chemotherapy, or Radiation [Paperback]
The Doctor Who Cures Cancer [Paperback]

One can search for Systemic Enzymes + Medical Studies to find numerous links.  

#16 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

It may or may not help.  It would help certain kinds of inflammatory pathways, but might make others worse.  There are reports in the literature of other fullerene compounds (polyhydroxylated fullerenes known as "fullerols") inducing a Th2 to Th1 shift, which would be a negative for RA.  Ref  The fact that you are using Enbrel might make this a non-issue, however.  If you should happen to try it, post your results.  There is some history of fullerenes being beneficial for OA.

Yesterday I tool a large dose in the AM before heading to a customers in Va Beach. In the AM I did have considerable swelling in my left knee. This has been an ongoing issue for months, by the afternoon I noticed that the swelling had been reduced it is still observable however not nearly as pronounced.

I can not say definitively that this is a result of the C60, I did have the same results the last time I tried a large dose however with the RA it is possible that it is a coincidence. I plan on taking another large does Thursday if the swelling stays at this level or is reduced even more over a 2 week period I would attribute it to the C60.

Today is the day I would normaly take my dose of Enbrel however I have decided to skip it. I know this a bad thing not recommended I should follow the Dr's recommendations. I also know at least short term what the worse thing that can happen by not taking it and I can accept those consequences to get a more accurate result if this is effective or not.

That said as of right now things are good.         

#17 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Well, whatever is helping, I hope it keeps working.  C60oo stays in the body for so long that it might be difficult to tell if any given result is related to the dose you took today or not.  On the other hand, it's possible that having a large amount present in plasma results in completely different phenomena than the smaller amount that we think remains in the membranes for a very long time.  Keep us posted.

#18 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

It is interesting I am looking forward to it.

If I maintain this level consistently for 2 weeks it would be a better results than what I have had with Enbrel.

#19 gatornoot

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

I am new here and reading some the post's and the results has piqued my interest in C60.

Does anyone have any information or thoughts on the effects if any on Rheumatoid Arthritis using C60? I was diagnosed over 2 years ago. I am currently taking Enbrel with some results it allows me to be functional with the disease I have a job and I am able to do somethings that said still wake up with joint pain swelling going to the gym or lifting weight is pretty much off the table.

Any thoughts?

Have you heard of Palmitoylethanolamide? it looks promising, and it's natural and safe.

#20 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:35 PM

Any thoughts?

Have you heard of Palmitoylethanolamide? it looks promising, and it's natural and safe.

Looks like hard to get currently, but here is a source
http://estore.fiteye...tary-supplement
Why is the FDA so down on this?

#21 gatornoot

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

I own a nutritional supplement company and we're considering launching a PEA supplement and marketing it as a nutritional supplement in the US, but I'm starting to decide against it since there seems to be no interest in it. I made a test batch, but everyone I've offered it to has gotten advised from their doctor not to take it. I don't know why, is it because it's a natural product and they get no kickback from big Parma? No idea.

#22 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

I own a nutritional supplement company and we're considering launching a PEA supplement and marketing it as a nutritional supplement in the US, but I'm starting to decide against it since there seems to be no interest in it. I made a test batch, but everyone I've offered it to has gotten advised from their doctor not to take it. I don't know why, is it because it's a natural product and they get no kickback from big Parma? No idea.

Well, here's what Wikipedia has to say about PEA:

Phenylethylamine functions as a neuromodulator or neurotransmitter in the mammalian central nervous system.[2] It is biosynthesized from the amino acid L-phenylalanine by enzymatic decarboxylation via the enzyme aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase.[3] In addition to its presence in mammals, phenethylamine is found in many other organisms and foods, such as chocolate, especially after microbial fermentation. It is sold as a dietary supplement for purported mood and weight loss-related therapeutic benefits; however, orally ingested phenethylamine experiences extensive first-pass metabolism by monoamine oxidase B (MAO-B), which turns it into phenylacetic acid. This prevents significant concentrations from reaching the brain when taken in low doses.

I'd imagine that the doctors are concerned about the first part that I bolded.  It's not a great idea to screw around with your neurotransmitter system.   Given its structural similarity to amphetamine and its ability to cause dopamine release, a doctor would probably look at it as an addiction risk.  The second part that I bolded points out that the body discards it very rapidly, so the doctor probably doesn't really need to worry that much about the first part, unless you take a lot.  It's also the reason that PEA isn't likely to work very well (unless you take a lot).   I think that a doctor that knows all of this would consider the risk/reward equation to be tilted too far towards risk, and would advise against it.  The lack of regulation and quality control in the supplement universe would be yet another nail in the coffin, further adding to risk.

BTW, "Natural" doesn't mean "risk-free", particularly when you have vastly larger quantities than you would get in nature.

Edited by niner, 15 December 2014 - 03:35 PM.

• Well Written x 1

#23 gatornoot

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Well, here's what Wikipedia has to say about PEA:

Phenylethylamine functions as a neuromodulator or neurotransmitter in the mammalian central nervous system.[2] It is biosynthesized from the amino acid L-phenylalanine by enzymatic decarboxylation via the enzyme aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase.[3] In addition to its presence in mammals, phenethylamine is found in many other organisms and foods, such as chocolate, especially after microbial fermentation. It is sold as a dietary supplement for purported mood and weight loss-related therapeutic benefits; however, orally ingested phenethylamine experiences extensive first-pass metabolism by monoamine oxidase B (MAO-B), which turns it into phenylacetic acid. This prevents significant concentrations from reaching the brain when taken in low doses.

I'd imagine that the doctors are concerned about the first part that I bolded. It's not a great idea to screw around with your neurotransmitter system. Given its structural similarity to amphetamine and its ability to cause dopamine release, a doctor would probably look at it as an addiction risk. The second part that I bolded points out that the body discards it very rapidly, so the doctor probably doesn't really need to worry that much about the first part, unless you take a lot. It's also the reason that PEA isn't likely to work very well (unless you take a lot). I think that a doctor that knows all of this would consider the risk/reward equation to be tilted too far towards risk, and would advise against it. The lack of regulation and quality control in the supplement universe would be yet another nail in the coffin, further adding to risk.

BTW, "Natural" doesn't mean "risk-free", particularly when you have vastly larger quantities than you would get in nature.

Sorry, different PEA. I should have known better, especially since I have experience with both. I'm talking about Palmitoylethanolamide.

See here:
http://en.m.wikipedi...oylethanolamide
http://www.benthamsc...5/12TOPAINJ.pdf
  • like x 1

#24 itpp

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

What dose are you using?

Interested since I also have RA.

Gluten free has been the best thing for me so far. I also use a handful of supplements ranging from olive leaf extract, magnesium, boron,systematic enzymes, fish oil and I'm also going to.try Jarrow bone up and davinci labs perna plus

#25 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

I have recently with in the past month or so started taking a larger doses approx 45 to 50 ml every couple of days. C60 has helped with some of the symptoms however not to the point that I could stop taking Enbrel. I have not had to take any medication specifically for pain for a long time.  

You mention being Gluten free interestingly in my case that did not have any effect 

#26 itpp

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

Have you looked into the low dose Naltrexone?? After seeing it mentioned in your thread I did some research and read nothing but great reviews on it

#27 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

I have and I have also tried it It was some what effective. It has been such a moving target at one point I thought I could go off the Enbrel completely and I tried it did not go well.

RA sucks balls Gluten free helps you not so much for me some people do not do well with Enbrel for me it has worked wonders. Some people have done well on MTX, if I had to go back on that I would consider suck starting my .45.

I have good results with the C60     

#28 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

Received my order today (from Vaughn) took a double dose this evening plan on taking singled dose am single dose evening then off for 2 days. Been a little over an hour maybe a little be more energy could be placebo. Ringing in the ears which for me is normal (USMC Infantry for 6 years)  

Thank you for your service to our country.

Semper Fidelis

My grandfather was a Marine in Guadalcanal (survived) and liberation of Okinawa.

#29 smccomas01

• Topic Starter
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

Thank you and my best to your grandfather I hope he is doing well. Guadalcanal and Okinawa those Marines set a standard that we struggle to live up to today..... that is humbling.  

#30 itpp

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:51 AM

I forgot to mention "Low Dose Naltrexone" (LDN) 4.5mg, which cost $1/day ... tricks the body to optimize the immunity system 300%. Search youtube to watch the Research MDs discuss using it since 1985 for AIDS and Cancer patients. It stops the progression of Arthritis, MS, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and Cancer.. it actually cures cancer per the MDs.

I have been on it 4 years and it stopped severe hives I had had for 8 years, with flare ups 3 times a week the last year or so.. and the MDs never figured out the reason. It stopped the hives and I have had no colds or sinus infections either.

One is suppose to take 600 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) a day using it. It was the Gov't Research MD for ALA who started working with AIDS patients that came up with this. He said all we have to do is stop the brain endorphin that are tied to the immunity system (beats me what that means?), the body will think it crashed.. and on the rebound it flood the system with 300% more endorphin and immunity cells.

Arthritis in the family is one reason I take LDN, as preventive Rx.

When do you suppose to take the ALA? THANKS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users