• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Getting rid of that heavy weigh on the chest from depression?

depression anxiety

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

Have this constant sensation of a heavy weight on the chest and throat. Docs say it is depression/anxiety symptom.

Have trouble being energetic and alive self-expressive, the chest area feels like a huge block.

I guess linguistically depression is the opposite of self expression.

Anyone have any way to get rid of this weight?

I can sometimes get to a happy state but this weight still be there. Its like a brick wall.

IS this weight sensation linked to brain chemestry?

#2 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

like making your voice be weak, feeble, ect when you speak?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 vtrader

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

like making your voice be weak, feeble, ect when you speak?

Thats part of it. Feels like I am dead inside, there is no enthusiasm, indifferent to things, don't give a damn. I feel invicible, helpless, it feels like an empty shell missing its engine of life.

It actual feels like a wall physcially stopping me from being myself.

#4 bbminded

• 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

Sleep apnea.

#5 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:34 PM

First be sure to rule out a gut problem, such as reflux or stomach ulcers, which is commonly accompanied by symptoms of chest compression, a weight on the chest, obstructed breathing, or anxiety.  For example, you can try to see if sufficient doses of an antacid helps you feel better.

#6 vendelin

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

Have you been tested for thyroid disease or iodine deficiency?

#7 Alin Samson

• 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

Actually testing the iodine levels is a good idea.Your symptoms maybe could be associated with adrenal fatigue.Last year I experienced the same feeling(the weight on the chest) and I know that is really a pain in the a..Anyway,a very easy way to reduce the intensity is meditation.Maybe it sounds weird but it helps ,at least to be a so called" normal and functional "person.My recommendation is to take same hormonal tests(T3,T4,chortisol ) in order to find the real cause.Just hang in there and don't lose hope...everything passes!If you have more questions ,pm me!

#8 BarbCat

• 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

I do know of what you speak.  I call it 'the black fist' because it feels like a hard black lump right under my sternum.  It's a visceral feeling that says 'anxious depression' and the constricted feeling travels up to my tongue and throat.  I believe it is the vagus nerve.  It gets dysregulated and feels like a component of depression.  Getting the gut bacteria healthy is primary.  I take PrescripAssist soil based probiotics, which seem to be the ones indicated for gut-involved anxiety and depression.  When the gut is unhappy (a good cause of depression/anxiety), digestion is compromised and the vagus nerve can constrict.  The vagus is key in activating the parasympathetic nervous system.  A few ways to stimulate the vagus are: 1) immersing the face in cold water (haven't tried this!), 2) diaphramatic breathing with partially closed throat, 3) Close mouth and nose and breathe out to put pressure on the nerve, 4) Get the gut happy, 5) Get a vagus nerve stimulator (yeah, for beaucoup bucks - but I'd jump on it if I could).

#9 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

First be sure to rule out a gut problem, such as reflux or stomach ulcers, which is commonly accompanied by symptoms of chest compression, a weight on the chest, obstructed breathing, or anxiety.  For example, you can try to see if sufficient doses of an antacid helps you feel better.

As nowayout suggested, you definitely want to rule out reflux as a possibility here. The symptoms described by the OP and others in this thread match mine exactly, and in my case, they are caused by GERD and relieved by Gaviscon.

Only as a last resort should you accept "its in your head" as the explanation for physical symptoms.  Rule everything else out first.

Edited by FunkOdyssey, 29 April 2015 - 11:06 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#10 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:07 PM

Damn I´ve totally overseen this thread..

Yes its depression but a certain, You must imagine that some medicinic terms dont describe accurately a condition.

e.g. Autism or like here  Depression.

Some people feel down, are sad, the world is grey.

Others feel total lack of pleasure aphaptic & etc.

Both is depression but the causes are different like: inflammation, disturbtion of second messengers, too much or(?) too less Glutamate, too much Glucocorticoids, low Dopamine, Adrenaline and/or Serotonine (monoamines)

I would try 5-ht (2c) inhibitors like Trazodone or better Mirtazapine, perhaps Buspirone(5-ht1a agonist among others) or passionflower (mao-a inhibitor).

If this fails, then something Dopaminergic like

So I highly doubt that this has anything to do with the gut.

People: Havent You never experienced a pain when You lost someone or something very bad happened ?

In my case its the same region in the chest like when Youre in love... but the opposite; a pain and a hole. No emotions when this started; no life, no pleasure at all, just the pain.. 

As said, I have/had this too. Its better but still there.

The possible cause of this is a long story and I´m still not sure what caused this.. will tell If You want to know.

I had a few months before this depression (which lasts allready for 2 Years) a other depression.

This was caused by stress and "bad emotions" which triggered something like a trauma but it relvealed afer 1-2 Months and with total relaxation.

The lasting one appeared step by step when I´ve taken Ethylphenidate and eventually peresisted. 

See:

http://www.longecity...ethylphenidate/

Here are some infos about what helped and what not:

A few terms about what worsens it:

calcium channel blockade(lavender), Adrenergic activation, Glucocorticoids, 5-ht2c activation, mao-a and -b (perhaps due to adrenaline elevation) Alcohol, even weed but helped for the first depression, too much coffee, NMDA activation (Sarcosine + aspargic acid+ calcium ; Testforce 2)

This helped transiently:

Cigarettes, Mirtazapine (just for the first depression which was somewhat similair), amitryptiline, Piracetam was mixed but ok, Dan Shen (chinese salvia), Cerebrolysin (for several months untill due to stress it reapeared)

Huperzin A, St. Johns wort, Sodium Benzoate

If You want more informations, possible causes and treatment ideas, then look into:

http://www.longecity...e-3#entry694781

http://www.longecity...gh/#entry713700

http://www.longecity...inrepair-topic/

http://www.longecity...esting-effects/

http://www.longecity...pression/page-3

Be careful with SSRI´s and SNRI´s, parkinson medication i.e. Dopamine agonists as well with other medications and perhaps herbs.

The first can cause Post Ssri Sexual Disorder(PSSD) = a for years lasting impotence and asexuallity.

The second can cause DAWS dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome = hard addicted and perhaps a denervation in the mesolibic dopamine fibres

The latter can cause anything  = Hermorhage due to mixing varoius stuff, epigenetic changes like in the case of one guy here on longecity who took Topiramate( though hes the only one who experienced this)

There were a few reports of Piracetam and Noopept caused brain fog and other things which seemingly perresisted

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users