memantine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

Profile: 

mid twenties male

afflictions: out of control thoughts. thoughts get out from underneath me and I lose control of which thoughts are coming up. this leads to apathy, anxiety, excessive boredom. 

Supplements tried: many

notable supplements:

Phenibut: no effect

alpha GPC-600mg faster processing/cognition. 900mg+2g taurine+2 excedrin=destroys hangovers within 15min a true hangover cure for me. 1200mg: borderline manic

adrafinil: wakefulness, no other effects

L-tyrosine/NALT: uneasy

noopept: no effect

most other supps/nootropics no effects

So to memantine

Day 1: after work took first 10mg tablet around 630pm. 

Little noticeable effect. went to bed earlier than usual 8:50pm, watched tube till about 1030. fell asleep at 1030. 

Day 2: Woke up at 3am wide awake, stayed up till 5am. went to bed to wake up at 545. I usually wake up 3 times a night so nothing atypical. proceeded to get ready for work and took 10 mg of memantine tablet

At work: noticeable decrease in boredom at work, noticeable reduction in daydreaming/getting off track. driving and social anxiety noticeably reduced. ruminations are reduced. 

will continue to take 10mg per day in the morning till otherwise posted. 

Did not notice brain fog or any other negative effects from memantine. Except for perhaps less introspection but I consider that a positive, living inside ones brain has gotten old. 

will keep updates. 

#2 JellyRev

• Topic Starter
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

Day 2 continued: Went to a wedding reception had a good time. I also took some adrafinil and alpha GPC before going out, this gives me a nice energy boost and wakefulness. I seemed more relaxed from the                             consumption of alcohol than usual. 

Day 3: awoke with a moderate hangover, took some alpha gpc, taurine and excedrin which eliminated my hangover and returned me to baseline. I also dosed 10mg of memantine. 

My buddy a mechanic helped me fix my car, which usually bores the hell out of me and I space out. I kept focus and learned how to do the things he fixed, no spacing out. it was nice. 

debating pushing the dosage to 20mgs but I figured I'd wait until I get saturation with the 10mg first. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memantine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users