Conscious control of body temperature/heart beat

body temperature

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 diabeticNorm

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had ever taken conscious control of body temperature and/or heartbeat? If so, did it take you long to learn/does it require much practice?

#2 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

Slowing down heartbeat below normal levels (levels when you are seated and calm) through meditation is easy. It can be learned in a few hours. Of course, for even lower levels you need more practice. Usually, when you start meditation you feel an increase in body temperature, but I don't know if it's real or only a feeling caused by peripherical blood flow increase.

Edited by Antonio2014, 10 November 2014 - 09:34 AM.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 diabeticNorm

• Topic Starter
  • 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for this reply Antonio. It's interesting that this is even possible. I wonder what other systems we are able to take control of! Apparently, body temperature is controllable through a type of meditation known as g-tummo meditation.

There are many claims that you are able to access the body's healing capabilities using conscious control, although it's difficult to prove that those claimed cases are accurate.

#4 JoeMonp

• 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

Check out Wim Hoff (The IceMan). 

#5 diabeticNorm

• Topic Starter
  • 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

Check out Wim Hoff (The IceMan).

Interesting video. It apparently shows that he suppressed the immune response. Not sure if 50% suppression (i think it was) is within the normal range but the strong impression the experimenters give is that it was highly abnormal. You could put this down to just high cortisol levels but cortisol is what might be used to suppress the immune response anyway if the immune response was under his direct control. As the experimenters say you want to see more patients do this. If he is so fit, maybe this was the cause. But I don't think what wim hof says is implausible as there is a plausible mechanism, we already know about the placebo effect and possible mechanisms do exist. We apparently evolved along with creatures that have all sorts of immune response/regeneration capabilities so who knows.

I have read a few anecdotal accounts of regenerating teeth/gums and cavaties which were attributed to stem cell regeneration initiated by visualisation healing. I think the accounts are particularly good compared to the normal dubious accounts that are presented because you have outcomes which are known not to happen (e.g. Regeneration of a gum does not happen in the situation discussed by the dentist) and you also have objective (not an opinion) evidence as the dentists are experts comparing scans of teeth before and after. Therefore you can reason that something caused an effect. The only thing you can say is that it might have been a herb the patients were taking or something.

#6 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

Not very impressed by the Hoff. Idiot. Got frostbite in his feet running barefoot on the snow.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#7 diabeticNorm

• Topic Starter
  • 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

Likeable guy whatever you think of him though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users