- - - - -

Host of mental problems for no reason??

social anxiety adhd add

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 most12

• 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

When I was young, life was so perfect... I had a huge circle of social contact, always taking charge of things and demonstrating great leadership potential, was not afraid of social interactions at all, in fact I thrived in it, always in the centre of attention, had remarkable problem solving skills, loads of energy, hard working,did really well in pretty much anything...

The only negative things I can think of is I had many phobias like to clowns to lizards (these phobias are gone by now) and I had insomnia ( I guess its due to my immense energy) 

Things slowly started to change when I was 15, I started keeping to myself. But I still had many friends, no fear of social contact and was still intellectually capable. 

16, my life completely transformed for the worse.

I started to have:

---social anxiety 

---low energy

---strange brain fog. Like I became really confused, when people talk to me, I had to process what they were saying for like 10 seconds and another 5 seconds to think of a reply, I had to read like 4-5 times to gain even a tiny bit of comprehension of what I was reading unless it was something that interested me. 

---complete lack of motivation in life. Like I just lost all interest in life, I just want to sleep, eat play video games all day err day.

---I fell sick and develop a strange cough that lasted for 6 months. Initially, it seemed like a simple bronchitis and admittedly I was at fault for delaying treatment for weeks. I finally saw a doctor who put me on a course of antibiotics. After that, my cough improved, however, I still had to cough out loads of phglem at night and in the morning. Strangely, I never had any problems in the afternoon. The doctor had no idea what was going on and suspected that I did not finish my antibiotics course which I actually did. After what seemed like an eternity (6-10 months), my cough developed into chronic sinusitis. It was so bad at one point that my left nasal passage was blocked almost 90%. I went for surgery and had the inflammed tissues removed. Ever since then, my health improved significantly, but I still had to deal with random bouts of inflammed nasal passages.

I never do drugs or cigarettes on a consistent basis in my life. I am extremely active since young and I have been bodybuilding since 17. I follow a regular sleep schedule since young, rarely binged on junk food and rarely drank alcohol.

Now, 18, in those 2 years, I did consult medical professionals but none of them is able to help. One recommended me to a psychiatrist but I refused after hearing negative reviews from many. 

I spent countless nights researching, studying about my problems and came up with many many theories and treatment plans. Most did nothing but some have helped tremendously and they are: 

-no dairy, no soy, no junk food, low sugar diet

-apple cider vinegar

-noopept

-probiotics

-capryllic acid

-raw garlic

-green tea

-less video games

-less masturbation

However, I stopped most of the treatment plan simply because it is too taxing.. and most of these treatments are just wild guesses that just happen to work without any logical basis. Now having gone through all these treatment, I have: 

---strange brain fog and sinus problems now only comes when I eat certain foods or when I masturbate (I HAVE NO IDEA WHY)

---social anxiety generally worsened but I noticed my social anxiety became really inconsiistent, some days it is quite mild and some days it is really horrific 

---inconsistent energy

---complete lack of motivation in life. I am actually in the midst of the A levels and didn't even bothered studying...

So, I know this is a long post and I know I should always seek professional advice first but I am really lost... Anybody who has experience dealing with all these problems or at least point me to some sort of direction? Is that a brain issue or is this a physial health issue or is it just in my head? What caused my problems? Why? Really need some help guys, will really appreciate it.

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

A quick search reveals a likely connection between your symptoms, and perhaps that more antibiotics are in order--

The most dangerous complication of sinusitis, particularly frontal and sphenoid sinusitis, is the spread of infection by anaerobic bacteria to the brain, either through the bones or blood vessels. Abscesses, meningitis, and other life-threatening conditions may result. In such cases, the patient may experience mild personality changes, headache, altered consciousness, visual problems, and, finally, seizures, coma, and death.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 meth_use_lah

• 72 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:15 PM

Sounds similar to me, I have chronic unilateral sinusitis and If i eat dairy my right sinus(es) clogs up quickly and gets inflamed. It doesn't feel perfect even if I don't eat dairy but it feels like it might be healing (slowly, months). In my case I'm fairly certain it's caused by an elevated th2 immune system as consuming foods/supplements that decrease it feels good and consuming foods/supplements that increase it feels bad. I'm otherwise not allergic to anything and my left sinus(es) are fine even if i eat dairy. 

I would try the following (pretty much what I'am doing daily):

1. Nasal rinse in the morning, personally I'm using a large syringe devise called nasaline.
  2. Nasonex (nasalspray) bid.
  3. Spirulina 3g bid. Or taken acutely if you feel a sinus getting inflamed. Soothes the inflammation and makes my sinuses more watery.
  4. Coleous forskohlii standardized to 25mg forskolin bid. Prevents your body from recognizing allergens.
  5. Ashwagandha 500mg 2.5% withanolides bid. Anxiolytic, Increases th1 (might lower th2), inhibits growth of certain bacteria, I feel better and my mucus looks better.
  6. (Tinospora Cordifolia 1g 5% bitters split in 2-3 doses taken with a fat containing meal) It's supposedly great for allergies I'm going to test it on it's own in the coming days.
  7. Coffee one large black cup when I wake up, supposedly prevents allergies from developing, anecdotally I feel that my sinuses feel better days I'm consuming it. 
  8. NAC 600mg, helps clearing mucus slightly, feel slightly better days that I'm consuming it.
  9. Vitamin D 5K iu and vitamin K2 100mcg+.

I would advice you to try everything on it's own for at least a few days and research everything I've recommended so that it won't interact with any medication or other supplements you might be taking. 

The brainfog/lack of motivation you suffered from when you were younger sounds very similar to the brainfog I suffered from sleep apnea related to my chronic unilateral sinusitis. 

If spirulina works, I would read up on adaptive immunity and th1/th2.

Edited by meth_use_lah, 11 November 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#4 meth_use_lah

• 72 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

In my case I believe the tissue in my right sinuses react allergically to some substance the bacteria that infest my right sinuses produces, which has increased my allergic response in the tissue and that i thereby react poorly to dairy. Alternatively my sinuses has been inflamed for so long that the tissue has become overactive and reacts to allergens in dairy. 

I base this upon:

• "Anti allergy" supplements makes me feel pretty much fine and works acutely.
  • I have been symptom free for about a week after antibiotics while consuming some dairy, then it comes sneaking back

#5 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

For sinus issues.. I recommend the Nati Pot and adding along with the salts .... Alkalol essential oils.. used since 1896. - CVS carries it.. 1 capful helps..

Plus 1/2 to 1 capful of 14% Gallium Nitrate.. www.galliumnitrate.com.. it kills bacteria and fungus.. wonderful stuff.  Start with a low doses and gradually increase it.  My sinus drained for 18 solid hours the first time.. then I was totally clear for 3-4 days... Safe enough to drink diluted.  

Finally, recently I've added 1/4 - 1 CC of C60 !  So far I've used it 3-4 times.. 1-2 times a week.. it seems to help.. but it will take awhile to tell how much.  It kills inflammation.. which helps... and I seem to be able to breath over 7 days now.. My sinus have been totally stopped up for years. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

I always suggest looking at nutritional deficiencies first .. You did not mention what vitamins, minerals, supplements you tried.  

Methyl B-12, Methyl Pro Folate, or just Folate, Magnesium (bicarbonate water), Taurine the most abundant amino acid in the body, and Choline (a B vitamin) all impact the brain. I am sure there are others too.

Sleep apnea can cause fatigue, irritability, lack of mental focus, etc.. I had it and did not realize it .. Get tested and try the machine for a few months..      

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social anxiety, adhd, add

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users