- - - - -

How does Ashwagandha work for Acne?

acne ashwagandha skin dht hormones

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MK4

• 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

Hey all. I was going to post on an acne forum, but most of my research on ashwagandha leads me here. Plus I think longecity has brighter minds in regards to this stuff.

I'm 28 and have had acne since around 19-20.

I'm taking sensoril ashwagandha from jarrow once every 2-3 days. (1x 225 mg / 8% withanolides(18mg))

I was normally taking it for anxiety/panic disorder and it didn't have any effect on me.
I stopped after a while just to gauge any effects from stopping and I noticed that my acne was clearing up very quickly.

My question: What is ashwagandha doing that's helping to clear my acne? I was reading that it works on cortisol, but wasn't how sure that affected acne.
I thought my acne was DHT related, but I wasn't able to find any research on ashwagandha helping in regards to that. Did read that it can raise testosterone, which I guess would also have an impact on DHT levels.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

I'm also about to run out of my current ashwagandha. Was looking @ the KSM type, but I didn't want to mess up what I have going with me in regards to acne benefits. Heard that KSM has been giving better results for anxiety sufferers though, but my acne has been causing more burdens psychologically.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acne, ashwagandha, skin, dht, hormones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users