The science behind total recall: New player in brain function and memory

memory

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cgriffin

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:39 AM

Not sure if this is the best place to post since there a lot of subforums so I'll post in the one I usually check. Thought this was a very promising and interesting piece of research that has a lot of potential. I for one would love a better memory :)

Article Summary - Is it possible to change the amount of information the brain can store? Maybe, according to a new international study. The research has identified a molecule that puts a brake on brain processing and when removed, brain function and memory recall is improved.

http://www.scienceda...1113152916.htm

• like x 1

#2 nightlight

• 374 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:17 AM

That link is broken. Here is the correct link.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

I've read the article as well, not sure if it requires surgery or if a pill is all that is needed.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 cgriffin

• Topic Starter
  • 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

I wonder if anyone knows how to get more details on how the experiment was conducted. A pill would be great.

Any does anyone have any thoughts on the reason for the protein. Occasionally things just go wrong with the body like too much sugar overtime causing diabetes however this seems like it occurs in everyone for no specific reason. If that's true could there be a reason for the protein or have we just not evolved enough to remove it. If evolving is necessary and there no positive then I'd rather evolve with a pill and a glass of water.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users