• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

anyone else noticed fatigue with forskolin?

forskolin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arjuna

• 130 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

I've been taking 50mg a day for two weeks, the whole time I have noticed fatigue towards mid afternoon.  Have you?

The effects have been great, classic dopamine effects like better sociability and libido, I just wish I didn't crash.

#2 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

Is it 50mg of pure Forskolin, or 50mg of a standardised extract ? I usually use a 100mg pill yielding 10mg forskolin which already is a strong dose for me.

But to answer your question, I read over on the ciltep thread: http://www.longecity...ly-induced-ltp/ that forskolin increases tyrosine hydroxylase activity (TH) , an enzyme that converts tyrosine to L-DOPA, which means at first you will feel that extra dopamine rushing in, but once your tyrosine levels are depleted from the extra TH activity you will crash, unless you supplement with NALT ( N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine).

Do read up the ciltep thread it is quite interresting.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Arjuna

• Topic Starter
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

Is it 50mg of pure Forskolin, or 50mg of a standardised extract ? I usually use a 100mg pill yielding 10mg forskolin which already is a strong dose for me.

But to answer your question, I read over on the ciltep thread: http://www.longecity...ly-induced-ltp/ that forskolin increases tyrosine hydroxylase activity (TH) , an enzyme that converts tyrosine to L-DOPA, which means at first you will feel that extra dopamine rushing in, but once your tyrosine levels are depleted from the extra TH activity you will crash, unless you supplement with NALT ( N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine).

Do read up the ciltep thread it is quite interresting.

It is 50mg of the active ingredient, in something like 350 mg of the total in the capsule, so 5 times your dose.

I understand the upregulated tyrosine hydroxylase could be the mechanism at work here, but I doubt it.  I have tried using tyrosine and mucuna and I can still get drowsy at the end of the day, but since I originally posted it the drowsiness has been waning but it can still show up.

I'm worried that the mecahnism causing this crash  is some sort of insensitivity to cAMP, so forskolin causes it to raise in the begining part of the day but as it drops to baseline at the end of the day my body is no longer sensetive to those levels.  I wish there were a clear picture on whether there is a tolerance to raised levels of cAMP.

I'd also like to point out that the positive effects I have had are not soley caused by the increased dopamine, but by the increased dopamine receptors.  When I have my first cigarette of the day it hits me like I have no tolerance, and I don't get this effect by supplementing l dopa from mucuna.  The only other way I get to this state is through long periods of abstaining from all sex and drugs.  I'm combining it with ashwagandha (at night) for increased synapses, and forskolin laces those synapses with receptors.  It is increadibly synergistic.

I just wish there were more information of the effects of raising cAMP, it's long term implications, and how the tolerance may or may not be playing a part with our sensitivity to it.

Edit: oh and ashwagandha isn't the culprit here, I've been using that for a long time without issue.

Edited by Arjuna, 20 November 2014 - 08:33 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

I forgot to mention Forskolin also increases acetylcholinesterase activity, meaning you wanna supplement with some form of choline or ALCAR.

But perhaps you  should try and lower your dosage, see how it feels. When on the CILTEP stack people only take about only 5mg of forskolin, although they do so together with a PDE4 inhibitor, but still I think you might just want to lower or divide your dosing.

I am not knowledgeable enough to say if ashwagandha does or not go well into the mix, but I would say it seems ok to me.

As to the long term benefits/risks of raising cAMP, I haven't found much info yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forskolin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users