• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Which one of these resveratrol supplements would you recommend?

resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDoe999

• 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

Hi

I have been using "normal" resveratrol for a couple of years, but I see that there are other variants. Out of normal resveratrol, and the two below mentioned combinations, which do you think would be the better to use?

• Resveratrol as MicroActive® Resveratrol-SRTM(sustained-release complex) - 150mg
    Polygonum cuspidatum extract (root)

or

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Red Wine Extract (Vitis vinifera)(skin and pulp) (providing minimum 24% total polyphenols and minimum 100 ppm resveratrol) 100 mg * MegaNatural® Gold GrapeseedExtract (Vitis vinifera) (standardized to 90% polyphenols) 50 mg * Resveratrol(from 60 mg of a 50% standardized Polygonum cuspidatum root extract) 30 mg *

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

Neither of these is a good option, IMO, for resveratrol. 150 mg of resveratrol extract could be 50 percent resveratrol, or 98%. Sustained release sounds like a good idea if it works -it often is too poorly implemented to be true sustained release- moreover the dose at 150 mg would be the minimum to get significant blood levels, so spreading it out over time would mean low and ineffective levels.

The grape extract version contains little resveratrol, but cheap grape seed extract, a confounding substance that seems to be a stimulant according to many who have posted here. Most found the effect unpleasant, some liked it.

In short, neither is a good option if you are interested in resveratrol, though they might be found useful for some, for other purposes. The formulations seem like marketing gimmicks based on wishful thinking.

Edited by maxwatt, 20 November 2014 - 03:06 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:54 AM

Maxwatt, is there any particular resveratrol product you recommend ? What do you take?
  • like x 1

#4 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:28 PM

I take ResVida 100mg Double-Strength Resveratrol. It's synthesized resveratrol. I prefer it because I was having tons of tendon problems with the knotweed derived resveratrol that I think were caused by contaminants from knotweed. No such problems with ResVida.

Edited by geo12the, 24 November 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#5 mikela

• 109 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:49 AM

Is the Revgenetics Nitro250 worth trying?  Supposedly it is micronized and is purported to have greater absorption.

#6 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:10 AM

Is the Revgenetics Nitro250 worth trying?  Supposedly it is micronized and is purported to have greater absorption.

I use it.

#7 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:51 AM

I use MegaResveratrol micronized powders.... pure Trans-Resveratrol   https://megaresveratrol.net/ 

Edited by Vastmandana, 30 November 2014 - 07:52 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#8 Adaptofan

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

Do you guys think the NOW brand resveratrol is good ? I used it 3 years ago with apparently good results and I would like to come back at it. (2 caps x day)

It has this :

Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule 

- Polygonum cuspidatum Extract (Rhizome) (50% Natural Trans-Resveratrol - 200 mg) 400 mg

- Red Wine Extract (Alcohol-Free) (Vitis vinifera) (Fruit) (Standardized for Polyphenols) 10 mg

I used to take 2 x day plus a multivit plus 1gr VitC. For what I can read on my journal it was working very good! Should I give it a try again ? It's very economical. I'm not aiming for perfection or inmortality. Just want a good bang for the buck.

At 2 caps x day a 32 US$ bottle lasts 2 months. Not a bad price.

Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by Adaptofan, 04 December 2014 - 03:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resveratrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users