water filtration system to remove toxins

water filtration

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:45 PM

My PUR water filtration suddenly just stopped working after almost 4 years of use. I'm not sure if it's just old age or what. This is level 2. There is a level 3 but a bit more expensive. Curious what you people have tried and up to what levels do these water filtration go up to? The book Smart Drugs & Nutrients made a suggestion (on page 174) about "Multi Pure Model 500 Activated Carbon Block water filter that indicates that the filter removes more than 99.99% of aluminum sulfate from the water."

The book is old so I'm not sure if the Multi Pure brand is still in business. Any suggestions?

#2 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

Unless you live far from any urban centers, you should probably be looking at air quality before obsessing over water purity. Just get a reverse osmosis filter or buy distilled if you are so concerned.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

any recommended reverse osmosis filter?

Unless you live far from any urban centers, you should probably be looking at air quality before obsessing over water purity. Just get a reverse osmosis filter or buy distilled if you are so concerned.

#4 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:22 AM

Sorry I have never used them. I just have a regular britta filter in the fridge. R/O filters are just nicer because they hook up to your water line and should be of higher quality due to being used for commercial/industrial applications.

Edited by Fenix_, 23 November 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#5 Bonee

• 147 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:00 AM

Me and my family have been using a RO machine for more than 10 years and I think its really worth it, the best thing is that the coffee machine doesn't get clogged from scales.

http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B007ZD8TOY

we have a system like that, I think if you look around you can get them cheaper

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

Nestle's Purelife bottled water is reverse osmosis type of water. I still don't know what that really means. A 28 bottle case is about $4 so I bought it. It ranked the best bottled water when I googled which are the best bottled water. I only keep it in my car to avoid having to buy sugary drinks instead I'd rather drink water. I was looking into water with lithium but I think mineral water has lithium in trace amounts? Can someone confirm this? I couldn't find mineral water at Walmart though. I may have missed it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water filtration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users