I'm taking Oxytocin. It's good stuff.

oxytocin

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

wow all those placebos can actually have some effect you know that? makes me question and review the whole reason why placebo are working at this point. and thats just few you mentioned, who knows what else they put in there as placebo. in some twisted way, they might even be testing unmentioned new substances as placebo, maybe for no good reason at all or for some sinister interest.

• Ill informed x 1

#32 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

wow all those placebos can actually have some effect you know that? makes me question and review the whole reason why placebo are working at this point. and thats just few you mentioned, who knows what else they put in there as placebo. in some twisted way, they might even be testing unmentioned new substances as placebo, maybe for no good reason at all or for some sinister interest.

I already said that placebos have effects, and side effects.  Doesn't matter if it's saline or sugar or fake surgery.  That's the power of our mind.  I don't think you understand what the placebo effect is (and the nocebo, too).  You keep talking as if someone has some effect from a placebo, then it shouldn't be used as placebo or whatever. You seem to think placebo is supposed to produce no effect whatsoever.  That defeats the purpose of having a placebo test group in the first place.

That certainly wasn't a comprehensive list of placebo but I think now you know that not "all studies" use methylene blue.

If you want to go off into the deep end with some vague conspiracy theory crap, go right ahead.  We already know how irrational you are.

Edited by Duchykins, 01 August 2015 - 03:51 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

"The Immortalist" have you found out conclusively whether you were on placebo or not? Any updates to your experience?

#34 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

I already said that placebos have effects, and side effects.  Doesn't matter if it's saline or sugar or fake surgery.  That's the power of our mind.  I don't think you understand what the placebo effect is (and the nocebo, too).  You keep talking as if someone has some effect from a placebo, then it shouldn't be used as placebo or whatever. You seem to think placebo is supposed to produce no effect whatsoever.  That defeats the purpose of having a placebo test group in the first place.

That certainly wasn't a comprehensive list of placebo but I think now you know that not "all studies" use methylene blue.

If you want to go off into the deep end with some vague conspiracy theory crap, go right ahead.  We already know how irrational you are.

"we already know"?

why all the egoistical full of crap know-it-alls always go on this banter with "we said, we know, we can, we are" bullshit. who the fuck is the "we"? it seems you and your ego is so full of shit, you go on to view yourself and IT as WE.

• Unfriendly x 1

#35 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

Most of the time when I say "we," I'm using it in the manner science-minded people often do, to represent common knowledge in the scientific community or other scholarly group, a consensus, or humanity in general.  If you go take a look at scientific literature, you'll start to see the pattern of use of "we" (when not using "we" in the context of a particular group of researchers on one project).  It's not meant to be imperious, it's about our collective knowledge and/or endeavors.  It is humanistic language.  

Probably one of the reasons I follow the pattern is because I've read so much of such literature over the years, and being absolutely smitten with a few of the sciences, it's unconsciously become part of my natural syntax.  It's the same with any other long-term exposure to a language with unique phraseology, syntax, accents, etc.

But in that particular case I just meant some of the people reading this thread.

why all the egoistical full of crap know-it-alls always go on this banter...

Does this mean you are often corrected by others?

Edited by Duchykins, 02 August 2015 - 06:08 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#36 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:00 AM

Most of the time when I say "we," I'm using it in the manner science-minded people often do, to represent common knowledge in the scientific community or other scholarly group, a consensus, or humanity in general.  If you go take a look at scientific literature, you'll start to see the pattern of use of "we" (when not using "we" in the context of a particular group of researchers on one project).  It's not meant to be imperious, it's about our collective knowledge and/or endeavors.  It is humanistic language.  

Probably one of the reasons I follow the pattern is because I've read so much of such literature over the years, and being absolutely smitten with a few of the sciences, it's unconsciously become part of my natural syntax.  It's the same with any other long-term exposure to a language with unique phraseology, syntax, accents, etc.

But in that particular case I just meant some of the people reading this thread.

why all the egoistical full of crap know-it-alls always go on this banter...

Does this mean you are often corrected by others?

only by pretencious assholes

#37 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

only by pretencious assholes

@ 1:39  Tim Robbins responds to a mean tweet calling him a pretentious cock on Jimmy Kimmel, except the guy didn't spell pretentious correctly.

"Is it pretensssious of me to say that you don't know how to (bleep) spell, you illiterate (bleep)?"

I think we should move on from this topic. 

Edited by Duchykins, 03 August 2015 - 04:14 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#38 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

Update...

I definitely think my social skills are better. Less anxiety, easier to find words, many SMALL improvements.

Do I feel more "connected" to people? I wouldn't say I am more caring or empathetic.

I have tried taking a higher dose of oxytocin (or placebo) I do not notice any "more" effects. I also don't "notice" it taking effect after dosing or "notice" it wearing off. But just in general my social skills seem improved. Low side effects. I think it could be therapeutic and I can use it to unlearn all the bad social habits I picked up over the years, I doubt I'll ever be miley cyrus or some other really social person. But maybe I can get to a point where my social skills don't hold me back from being successful. 

• unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1

#39 pone11

• 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

Did you end up taking oxytocin long-term for GAD?   Did it's positive effects wear off over time?

Can you point us to the research that you participated in, or any research showing positive effects of oxytocin use for GAD?

I'm also interested in use of oxytocin to reduce psychosis frequency and intensity.

#40 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

I found out I was on oxytocin, not the placebo,

I found it beneficial but subtle. I put myself out there more socially while I was on it. I was more comfortable with other people. I took more initiative to go out and meet with friends, normally I don't. Definitely interesting, low side effect but it was far from a cure. Might be good therapeutically unlearning bad social habits and stuff. I may look  into getting a further supply.

I suffered a bad bout of depression after discontinuing it which may or may not be a coincidence. 

• Informative x 1

#41 Peak Noots

• 138 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:27 PM

That's nuts! I didn't know you could supplement Oxytocin... Did you guys try the OxytocinFactor.com product? Their website screams scammy supplement product to me...

Would it be unethical to give this to a girl you where on a date with? LOL

I usually use Phenibut as my social smart drug, but I love to try new things

The nasal spray works, but not as well as injection. IMO, messing with peptides like oxytocin, over time, may wear out natural production/receptors .

I read somewhere that oxytocin actually has reverse tolerance. I wish i could find where i saw this so i could quote it.

On the other hand, im pretty sure oxytocin half life is extremely short and from what i read in previous reviews, nasal spray is just junk. I am PRETTY confident the OP is just experiencing placebo. The best way to target oxytocin is through 5HT1a stimulation? Pretty sure this is the beleived mechanism behind empathetic producting drugs like MDMA, MDA, M1, 6/5-APD etc...

#42 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:40 PM

The best way to target oxytocin is through 5HT1a stimulation? Pretty sure this is the beleived mechanism behind empathetic producting drugs like MDMA, MDA, M1, 6/5-APD etc...

Spot on. Oxytocin plays a large role in the psychedelic experience.

Lemon essential oil contains limonene, which is a 5-HT1A agonist - 5-HT1A releases endorphins, oxytocin and prolactin, and reduces serotonin output.

Oxytocin is the bonding hormone so be careful whom you are around when you subject yourself to its effects.

Edited by sativa, 06 November 2015 - 11:47 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#43 David Middlemiss

• 56 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:24 PM

Hi Guys,

Hope You Can Help Here?

My Questions are as follows

Would it be best that I buy pharmaceutical grade animal/vetiranarian  OT=Oxytocin 

Is it a lot stronger?

I can buy  Oxytocin 20ml 10UI per Ml (at $34) 

Which spray should I purchase? How Much saline should I mix In 

and can I usine a sudafed 15ml nasal spray to administer, does anyone know the size of each dosage?

Has anyone trialled any Pharma grade, vetiranarian OT

Or should I try standard OxyLuv OXYTOCIN NASAL SPRAYby PherLuv Deemed to be Oxytocin Nasal Spray Content: 1.0 oz Each spray contains 10IU of Oxytocin. Oxytocin Potency: 5/5

Or Could anyone Supply any reliable source I may use

Thanks

David

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oxytocin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users