• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

For those who think God is against life extension.....

is god against life extension immortalists le enthusiasts is god for le biblical support bible supports life increasing

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=702397

The biggest thing to remember is this quote as well. 

1. Daniel 11:32
    King James Version (KJV)
    And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

"One of these exploits is most certainly using life extension and other techniques to block / counter the biochemical warfare we are facing today, the people that are wise will be able to avert the poisons in our air, water and food and achieve optimal health for a higher purpose!"

Thus , I don't want to hear anyone say that God, doesn't support life extension to an extent, of course he does, we have all kinds here, and even if some have a wrong idea that doesn't mean they all have to go etc etc.

!! SIMPLY PUT, GOD IS NOT AGAINST LIFE EXTENSION !!

Ecclesiasticus 38:4

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not reject them.

- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition

Edited by Area-1255, 12 December 2014 - 07:05 PM.

• Well Written x 1

#2 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:56 PM

Then why the church wants to stop the stem cells research?

• Ill informed x 2
  • Good Point x 2

#3 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

The church is more of a corrupt political institution, than a valid representation of Godly, or traditionally noble values.

Big Church is not the representative of God on Earth, their claim is blastphemous and only represents their greed..participating in big church is more tainting, and not purifying at all.

Therefore, I disagree with all church based political notions , especially if they directly contradict the one word that is s'posed to be their guide.

Basically, the "church" has become a hypocritical institution seeking more after political incentive and notoriety (and power too), than anything.

• Agree x 2
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Simmilar problems in the slavic church here in Bulgaria.

#5 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

You can say what you want about God's opinions/thoughts. He will not stand up and complain.

Badumtss.jpg

#6 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

They support stem cell research but not on aborted babies.  You left a lot out.

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#7 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

Well, this has taken a turn. :)

• WellResearched x 1

#8 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

Christians support adult stem cell research and are heavily involved.  Somebody is just spouting nonsense here.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#9 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

Christians support adult stem cell research and are heavily involved.  Somebody is just spouting nonsense here.

References, and specific groups advocating for or supporting for advocate groups, would be nice. Not saying I don't believe you, but may help you on your quest to lay said misunderstood gentlemen out like a torn pancake that's been in the microwave for too long. :)

Edited by Area-1255, 21 January 2015 - 01:44 AM.

• Cheerful x 1

#10 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

Here are a few sources to get everyone up to speed.  Check Christian colleges and universities as well as christian med schools and major hospitals for research on adult stem cells. It is amazing that you don’t know this.  Now you do.

http://scholar.googl...ved=0CBsQgQMwAA
http://www.christian...m-cell-research
http://www.christian...new-tricks.html
http://www.gotquesti...l-research.html
http://erlc.com/arti...m-cell-research
http://www.compellin...l-research.html
http://creation.com/...lls-and-genesis
http://www.explorest...l-research.html
http://cmda.org/reso...thics-statement

• WellResearched x 1

#11 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

Why the church then rises against the embryotic stem cells and the human cloning?

#12 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

I do not speak for the church.

My hypothesis as to why anyone would be against federal funding into these two technologies is how it "would" be abused. Think it through and what it would change in society. Creating life to be used as spare parts and then discarded what effect does that have on the value of life as a whole?  

#13 Area-1255

• Topic Starter
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

I do not speak for the church.

My hypothesis as to why anyone would be against federal funding into these two technologies is how it "would" be abused. Think it through and what it would change in society. Creating life to be used as spare parts and then discarded what effect does that have on the value of life as a whole?  

Anything can be abused, humanity is interesting..take one weapon away and we design one more that someone never thought of. When one person has the will to 1up against the other person, a strong one, there is nothing off limits..that includes in research, if a scientist wants to REALLY prove his point, he may go to unprecedented lengths to do so. Human psychology shows how wicked people can really be to justify them or their own opinions. It often comes back to subliminal power seeking manifesting as an indirectly displayed need for admiration and the cherishing of one's own words as gospel.

• Cheerful x 1

#14 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

Dude sounds like your view of humanity as a whole is as dim as mine.

There was a phrase (i can not remember it) used to describe the gap between technology and how well society can handle or use it.  

#15 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

Nazi Germany had advanced technology.  Ethics tell you whether it is moral or not.  Just because something can be done does not mean you should do it.  Science cannot answer such questions.

• Agree x 1

#16 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:46 AM

The advanced technologies of Nazi Germany proves nothing. We have far more advanced technologies today. The problem of Nazi Germany is exactly where is yours - in the wrong ideology.

So, just because we can grow new organs, live longer and live better via the embryonic stem cells, we musn't research them, because the ethics tells us, that this is not moral. Instead it is moral to die earlier, or to struggle and to wonder how to find another technologies, that to avoid stupid and pointless arguments.

#17 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

It proves that technology, no matter how advanced, does mot ethics make.  How about us killing you and doing research on your stem cells?  Are you against science and people living longer?.  Shall we chop you up!  :-D  What moral nonsense.  Who dies earlier?  What a stupid argument.

#18 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

Ofcourse I am against killing me :laugh: lol, but your problem is, that you don't have a clue where the ethics has to start and where to stop. There is a big difference between me, or any other developed human, and the several weeks old embryo with the embryonic stem cells.

Plus my stem cells are adult. You can take some of mine (or yours) without killing anyone at all. So, chopping me up is not necessary at all. And if you take adult stem cells, you will deviate the science from the correct path.

Who dies earlier? well... lets say everyone, who dies from diseases, that could be treated with embryonic stem cells. For example, heart diseases, lung diseases, brain diseases, kidney diseases, and others. I missed the cancer, because, according to me the key of its treatment is not in the stem cells.

#19 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

The only difference is age.  The point is you have to kill a fetus and that is an ethical issue.  Adult stem cells have great promise and it is not necessary to kill anyone.  In fact adult stem cells may be better.

#20 The Brain

• 599 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

If god just answered prayers would we need to bother with stem cells?
  • Good Point x 1

#21 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

The only difference is age.  The point is you have to kill a fetus and that is an ethical issue.  Adult stem cells have great promise and it is not necessary to kill anyone.  In fact adult stem cells may be better.

The diference in the age between the embryo and the developed human us not a reason only by itself. The several weeks embryo is a group of cells. It can become a human, yes, but is not at the moment. It feels nothing, and doesn't have the desire to live. Plus the embryo, that is made specially for harvesting its stem cells wouldn't exist anyway.

What makes you think, that the adult stem cells are better? They can devide limited number of times, and they can't turn into each kind of tissue.

#22 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:31 AM

It is a human life lacking nothing.  We do develop throughout  our lives.  At conception we are a zygote.  Then when we implant in the womb we are called a fetus. When we are born we are called a baby.  Then a toddler, and a preschooler, a youth, a teenager, a adult, a parent, middle aged. senior citizen, old person and then death.  We are always the same human with the very same genetic makeup and life..  In fact adult stem cells can and do change into different kinds of tissue.

#23 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

You know what? In one of your posts, you cited this article:

It says "65 Diseases Treated With Adult Stem Cells"

Do something useful and find which exactly are these diseases, and are they for treating people at all. Also are they in use, or a science fiction.

#24 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

FYI: Sickle Cell Anemia  

http://www.nih.gov/r...42014sickle.htm

#25 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

Hi @smccomas01

Nice finding. Why not you list it in this topic:

http://www.longecity...used-on-people/

#26 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

You know what? In one of your posts, you cited this article:

It says "65 Diseases Treated With Adult Stem Cells"

Do something useful and find which exactly are these diseases, and are they for treating people at all. Also are they in use, or a science fiction.

Not a issue for me I know adult stem cells have great promise and also know the weakness in other kinds of stem cells.  Not to hard to find the information so you look it up.  :)

#27 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

So, you can't name the 65 diseases, but you prefer to believe this stufy.

#28 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

No I prefer to go on to something and the information is there if you want to know.  Now do something useful and look it up.

#29 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

It is impossible to be looked up, because they didn't place the 65 diseases at all. They may even not even exist at this moment at all. I dig the internet as a chicken to seek usages of stem cells over people, and I didn't find 65 diseases so far. Thats the point of this article - they claim something without proving it.

#30 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Do you deny adult stem cells show any promise in disease even though even though you have been looking like a chicken?  If you have not turned  up any worms do you know there are non there?  Perhaps  you have not dug long enough.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: is god against, life extension, immortalists, le enthusiasts, is god for le, biblical support, bible supports, life increasing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users