Phenibut liver/kidney toxicity?

brown liver phenibut

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pallas

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

I'm afraid that my phenibut use is causing my organs to fail.

My urine is brown and when I poop it is pale white. I have seen a doc, and he said it might be my gall bladder.

Regardless, I am still on my tapering program and am sitll taking 200mg of phen a night, till I decrease it to 50 then cut it off completely. I don't want to experience the horrific insomnia which happened when I stopped dosing 1 g per week.

Do you guys think I should just cut it off cold turkey and face withdrawal in the face of organ failure?

And are there any things I can do to recover faster? Im planning to do a broth fast with heaps of detoxing herbs.

#2 Unsatisfied

• 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

200mg is an extremely low dose, and it's very unlikely to have caused organ failure on its own without any pre-existing conditions.

i doubt you'd even get any significant withdrawals from stopping that dose.

but pale stools and dark urine is a strong sign that something is seriously wrong with your liver and/or kidneys.. you don't sit around doing 'home detoxes' for that sort of thing, you get your ass back to the doctor and get a full liver panel and blood tests done.

• Agree x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

Are you sure you did see a doctor??? With pale feces and brown urine I think most here realize the problem you have being most ceratinly some degree of hepatic cholestasis, a potentially serious condition! Phenibut is very unlikely to be the cause of that but you should seek medical assistance ASAP, befor the itching starts and you turn yellow...

#4 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

Phenibut is very acidic which can at least contribute to problems (acidosis?). Taking wheat grass has helped me in that regard.

• Off-Topic x 1

#5 Pallas

• Topic Starter
  • 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

Are you sure you did see a doctor??? With pale feces and brown urine I think most here realize the problem you have being most ceratinly some degree of hepatic cholestasis, a potentially serious condition! Phenibut is very unlikely to be the cause of that but you should seek medical assistance ASAP, befor the itching starts and you turn yellow...

Yeah thanks for the wake up call, I had eaten a shit tonne of sugar and junk foods after my exams finished and It may have contributed to gall bladder issues.

I talked to two doctors and my blood tests came out fine. However they didn't test for liver enzymes only C-Reactive protein. I asked them to do the enzymes but the doc said it was a waste of tax money and unnecessary. 

I have a ultrasound for my kidneys tomorrow morning (havn't slept due to phen withdrawal) and one for the liver on Thursday, hopefully it comes out clear, but even if it doesn't, then what actions can be taken?

Thanks again for your input, I've been feeling near death as of late and no one seems to understand the situation at hand even the Docs. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

200mg is an extremely low dose, and it's very unlikely to have caused organ failure on its own without any pre-existing conditions.

Agreed. That's nothing

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brown, liver, phenibut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users