• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Letting Your Body Synthesize Its Own Fats.

linolenic dioxin pcb lipogenesis sugar mead acid hufa

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 misterE

• 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:40 AM

I was playing around with the idea of letting your body make its own fat. This is accomplished by eating lots of simple-sugar and highly insulinogenic starches like flour.                                                                                            

The conversion of fructose to fat takes place once the liver glycogen stores are full in a process called de-novo-lipogenesis. However 30% of the calories of the fructose are burned in the process. Most interestingly enough, the type of fat that the body primarily makes is saturated-fat. The insulin-secretion that you would get from the carbohydrate also stimulates desaturase enzymes which converts saturated-fats into monounsaturated-fats and short-chain polyunsaturated-fats into long-chain polyunsaturated-fats.

I am now under the idea that it is probably best to avoid premade-fats (animal-fat, oils, nuts, seeds, avocadoes, etc.) and to increase sugar intake when needing to gain weight or replenish fat-stores. This has multiple benefits, the two main ones being:

1. Intake of Omega-6 fats is dramatically reduced. This has multiple benefits such as reduced inflammation, less lipid-peroxides, reduced expression of aromatase, better immune-function, a better omega-3 to omega-6 ratio and more.

2. Reduced intake of environmental contaminates like heavy-metals or xenoestrogens, dioxins and PCBs. Most of these accumulate in animal-fat, especially fish, but also found in oils.

Letting the body make its own fats is a better and cleaner way of obtaining the best type of fats needed by the human body. The insulin secreted in response to the carbohydrates also has beneficial effects on lipids. Like mentioned earlier, insulin stimulates desaturase enzymes, one called delta-9-desaturase; converts saturated-fats into monounsaturated-fats (preventing the over-accumulation of saturated-fats). It also converts omega-9 monounsaturated-fats into omega-7 monounsaturated-fats.

If the intake of polyunsaturated-fat is high, the desaturase enzymes cease to function. And if the intake of polyunsaturated-fat is low, desaturase enzymes increase to compensate. One of the fatty-acids that increases in times of low premade-fat consumption is called mead-acid which is an unsaturated-fat that is able to substitute in for linoleic-acid. However it is unable to synthesize all of the inflammatory prostaglandins that linoleic and its metabolite; arachidonic-acid (AA) can.                                                                                  

I’m also of the belief that it is not the fats that we can make ourselves that are the problem metabolically, but rather the fats we can’t; the essential-fatty-acids. The type and amount of polyunsaturated-fat you eat is directly proportional to the type and amount that is going to be stored within the body. A large amount of omega-6 accumulation increases inflammation, increases free-radicals, increases estrogen, causes excessive lipolyisis and inhibits insulin-secretion.

Also I think that it is foolish to take in premade HUFAs (like AA or DHA). I think this because not only are they more likely to promote oxidative damage but also because they are not needed. Humans convert linoleic-acid into AA when needed. Humans also convert linolenic-acid into EPA and DHA when needed. There is a tighly controlled regulatory process… well by eating premade AA and DHA, you are basically bypassing the regulatory process and flooding the system with powerful substances when they weren’t called upon.     

Westerners eat a lot of animal-products which are all high in AA. Americans not only eat lots of animal-products high in AA, but we also use vegetable-oil made out of linoleic-acid, not sure if the same is true for Europe. And now, we also have the fish oil craze.

So I think it is best to obtain most of your fats from carbohydrates! Meaning let your body makes its own fats, and you will get the perfect type and amount of essential-fatty-acids from your low-fat foods (vegetables, beans, flaxseeds, fruits, juice, etc.).

Edited by misterE, 16 December 2014 - 02:54 AM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 3
  • like x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#2 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:52 AM

Will you have to avoid fiber or sterilize the gut to prevent SCFA from fermentation, or are those irrelevant?

Get some blood work, the American Gut panel, and, if you can afford it, the LPS antibody tests before and after and let us know how your trial goes.
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 misterE

• Topic Starter
  • 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

Will you have to avoid fiber or sterilize the gut to prevent SCFA from fermentation, or are those irrelevant?

No. That's part of your body synthesizing its own fat. Perfect example. And the SCFA are some of the healthiest types of fat which help prevent metabolic-syndrome.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#4 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

Very provocative. Go for it, keep us updated. I bet you don't last a year.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

I can't believe it! I have been avoiding sugar all these years...I never knew it was so good for me. Candy and donuts here I come.

• Enjoying the show x 3
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#6 misterE

• Topic Starter
  • 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

Candy and donuts here I come.

Candy and donuts are also high-fat. I talking in terms of sugar, syrups, white-flours, potatoes, white-rice. All, truly low-fat foods.

• Needs references x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#7 misterE

• Topic Starter
  • 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:39 AM

I bet you don't last a year.

Queen-bees, which eat a diet nearly deficient in fat  and are able to synthesize their own fats from their royal-jelly live about 4 years while the worker bee who consumes pollen (higher in polyunsaturated-fat) only lives 80 days.

• Enjoying the show x 3
  • Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:23 PM

I'd be willing to bet that you could do it, but that the results would depend almost entirely on your meal timing.  A grazing diet on hi carb foods leads to high triglycerides and lowered HDL for me and some others.  But it might work if you allow time for true hunger to show up between meals and so avoid the insulin stair-step affect where you force another secretion of insulin before the previous one has finished it's work of lowering blood sugar.  I assume that you will get some protein from the vegetables and beans.  The hi carb foods you suggest don't sound like great sources for high quality protein.

#9 misterE

• Topic Starter
  • 1,035 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

I assume that you will get some protein from the vegetables and beans.  The hi carb foods you suggest don't sound like great sources for high quality protein.

The vegetables and beans are a good sources of fat-free protein. Other sources which are probably considered the absolute best fat-free sources of protein would be skim-milk and egg-whites... or even isolated protein powders. Also protein requirement is less of an issue with sufficient carbohydrate and calorie intake. Carbohydrates and the insulin they produce have anabolic and anti-catabolic effects.

• like x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1

#10 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:02 AM

I bet you don't last a year.

Queen-bees, which eat a diet nearly deficient in fat  and are able to synthesize their own fats from their royal-jelly live about 4 years while the worker bee who consumes pollen (higher in polyunsaturated-fat) only lives 80 days.

John the Baptist is said to of lived for some time on a diet of Honey and Locusts.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#11 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

John the Baptist is said to of lived for some time on a diet of Honey and Locusts.

And Jesus is said to have made the blind see and the lame walk again.

(Unfortunately, the evangelists failed to report that he did so by putting them on an ultra low fat McDougall diet, hence tragically, two thousand years later, both blindness and lameness are still considered pretty much incurable conditions).

Edited by timar, 19 December 2014 - 03:40 PM.

• Cheerful x 4
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#12 drew_ab

• 121 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:40 AM

Surely I am not the only one highly interested in what is being suggested by Mistere?  However I lack the scientific rigor to take it a step further and elevate the discussion to another level.  

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linolenic, dioxin, pcb, lipogenesis, sugar, mead acid, hufa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users