- - - - -

Sleep again after I woke up = Depressed

sleep oversleep piracetam depressed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:05 AM

So I've been noticing this pattern for quite a while. And it always happened.

Lately I can only sleep for 5 hours (or 6, if I was very tired). When I woke up, I still feel tired and sleepy, and could easily fall asleep again for another 1-2 hours.

But here's the thing. If I forced myself not to sleep again, I will feel kinda sleepy during the day, especially after meal. But I will be in a good mood and motivation all day.

But if I let myself sleep again, I will feel depressed and unmotivated for the rest of the day. These has happened so many times that now I'm certain of it. Overall, I feel better and more productive on a 5-6 hours sleep.

Anyone know what is happening? And how could I get enough sleep while still have good mood and motivation?

I took piracetam in the past for about 15 months on and off. On piracetam, this problem is worst. I woke up after 4 hours sleep. If I let myself sleep again, my mood is even worst. I don't know whether this problem has existed before piracetam. I only start noticing it during my time on piracetam. I've stopped piracetam for about a month.

#2 calm--

• Topic Starter
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:19 AM

Now I'm taking these bedtime : solaray sleep blend (valerian, hops), holy basil, magnesium citrate, telfast fexofenadine hcl (antihistamine), himalaya bacopa

And I'm taking these daytime : now adam multivitamin, nac, glucosamine chondroitin msm, fish oil, 2000 iu vitamin d-3, 500 mg vitamin C, theralac probiotic, enzymedica digest basic (digestive enzyme).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

How about an afternoon nap, does that ruin it too?

#4 calm--

• Topic Starter
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

Not sure. I haven't been taking nap lately. But I will pay attention to that the next time I do.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

Is Your depression gone after the piracetam withdrawal ?

Hey You´re living in Asia, dont You have tons of OTC or chinese meds ?

Rehmannia Glutinosa (Sheng Di huang) is nice for mood brightening, but I wouldnt mix it with holy basil.

As far as I know, they both thinn the blood in different ways but better ask someone who knows more about interactions, if You are interrested in this.

Edit: cant answer offhand much about Your symptoms, but You could look for circadian rhythm + mood/depression, if this helps somewhat.

Or for glucocorticoid level + morning/evening, because Glucocorticoids could affect the mood as well and Sheng di huang affects among others Glucocorticoids as well.

But the best option would be to ask a Doctor.

Edited by Flex, 30 December 2014 - 12:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep, oversleep, piracetam, depressed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users