Noots for low energy + anxiety

racetam piracetam autism aspergers blood pressure lions mane lion ngf

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 benraze2001

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

My wife is 27 and has low blood pressure... very low. This results in significant lack of energy. She's been supplementing with a generic B complex which seems to have intermittent effect. She also suffers from occasional anxiety attacks caused by social interactions. Based on symptoms and years of research we believe these may be caused by Aspergers.

I've been reading about Nootropics in general for the last week or so and I've basically come up with piracetam, choline and Lions Mane. My concern wirh piracetam is the lethargy that some folks have reported. With my wife's low blood pressure the last thing she needs is something that will make her drowsy, but the stimulant racetams could negatively affect her anxiety.

Any suggestions?

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

Phenibut is amazing for Anxiety, but not very energizing

Aniracetam is anxiolytic, although I couldn't tell much of tranquilizing effect on it

For energy

Modafinil is shown as having anti anxiety effect in some mood studies and is also some people find it very energizing so probably worth considing

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

You could look into SAM-e for energy. I've found it to be quite energizing but after a while I have to keep upping the dosage. It's also a good anti-depressant, not sure how much that would improve the social anxiety. I don't think it has any effect on blood pressure but you should double check.

Ashwagandha works on GABA receptors, making it somewhat helpful for anxiety. Start at a low dose and work your way up to prevent drowsiness. It can also help fix any underlying adrenal / chronic fatigue if such a thing is occurring and contributing to the fatigue.

As always make sure the bases are well covered - diet, exercise and sleep are most crucial, with a meditation routine being highly recommended.

#4 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

Try Ashwaghanda (for anxiety without sedation. Phenbut could increase the blood pressure issue) and Maca (for energy).

#5 oppenheimer82

• 54 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

nicotinamide riboside

#6 HungryHippocampi

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

Has she had a blood panel done to check vitamin D, hormones, etc.?  She may have some imbalances that need to be corrected first.  Finding homeostasis may go a long way to helping her out if she has imbalances.

Does she sleep well?  If not, look at trying some melatonin, bacopa (makes me sleepy), magnesium, and/or valerian (this stuff really works but man does it smell rank).

I take Vit D, vit K, B-complex, probiotic, and fish oil every day.

How's her diet?  Does she eat a lot of meat?  If she doesn't, then supplementing with some acetyl-l-carnitine may give her an energy boost.  Also consider trying L-Tyrosine.

I agree with the above posters that Ashwaganda may be helpful for anxiety.  It makes me a little sleepy so I take it at night.  For energy you might also try Rhodiola, which is another great adaptogenic herb.

Hope this helps!

• Good Point x 1

#7 benraze2001

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

Has she had a blood panel done to check vitamin D, hormones, etc.? She may have some imbalances that need to be corrected first. Finding homeostasis may go a long way to helping her out if she has imbalances.

She hasn't had a full panel done, but we know she has an iron and b vitamin deficiency from tests done during her first pregnancy.

#8 benraze2001

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Does she sleep well? If not, look at trying some melatonin, bacopa (makes me sleepy), magnesium, and/or valerian (this stuff really works but man does it smell rank).

She sleeps well, but has always needed closer to 10 hours of sleep to feel rested. She would go to bed at 10pm and sleep straight through 8am every day and still occasionally say she was tired. I can't say for sure if she moves around in her sleep because I'm like a log... once I'm out I'm gone.

#9 itpp

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:59 AM

L theanine with low dosed caffeine maybe from black green tea or cup of Joe
Ltheanine will keep jitters at bay and give some focus boost

Inositol for social anxiety

#10 factsmachine

• 100 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

Phenibut is bad unless you will use it very sparingly. maybe 2x a week evenly spaced. 
Adrafinil/modafinil works excellently for me with mood, wakefulness, and talking to people.
Continue with B vitamin supplementation. 
Have her hormones checked too. Full hormone panel.
L-Theanine never hurts, high dose fish oil, Ashwagandha, magnesium for sure! Epsom salts too. 

#11 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

You could look into SAM-e for energy

I think it would be better to correct the underlying issue of why your body isn't producing enough on its own.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 Late Bloomer

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

She just need to take Sulbutiamine(200mg)/day and nothing else. It deals with asthenia.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racetam, piracetam, autism, aspergers, blood pressure, lions mane, lion, ngf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users