* * * * - 2 votes

Exercise and testosterone

exercise vegan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 drew_ab

• 121 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

A few questions. I assume I know the answers, but most of what I've learned about health over the past decade has turned upside down on its head, so I want to ask some things. Please feel free to answer one, some, or all of the questions, and to speculate as you see fit.

1) Does exercise increase testosterone? (Aerobic vs weight lifting vs yoga)

2) Does exercise increase testosterone if on a vegan diet?

3) Does exercise increase testosterone if on cr?

4) Does exercise increase testosterone if on a vegan and cr diet?

#2 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:40 AM

Well, I don't know how specific you want me to be. I'll start out simple and go from there.

Yes exercise generally increases testosterone, but the most significant effects occur during resistance training, core body workouts, and especially if you are dropping body fat %. 

Androgen receptors are built on muscle, so the more muscle you build, and keep, the more AR's stick around, in addition, weight training and resistance exercise all both raise testosterone and especially, DHT, where in the brain it increases as well - especially if you are pushing yourself and feeling confident about yourself, which is a positive feedback loop , the more you train!

Estrogen, aromatase, and estrogen receptor expression conversely , is built on fat mass, the more fat you have, the more binding sites for estrogen and all of it's inter-mediary connections. 

Therefore, assuming you avoid excessive soy intake, and keep your body fat down and lean muscle mass up, you are already on the road to a good hormone profile, hope that helps!

~J. De'Russo~

"Area-1255" FOUNDER/HEAD-WRITER

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 douglis

• 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

Yes exercise generally increases testosterone, but the most significant effects occur during resistance training, core body workouts

....however the increases in testosterone and GH are not correlated with strength or LBM increases.

"There were no significant correlations between the exercise-induced elevations (area under the curve—AUC) of GH, fT and IGF-1 and gains in LBM or leg press strength."

"our data demonstrate that exercise-induced increases in MPS are dissociated from postexercise testosteronemia"

http://link.springer...0421-011-2246-z

http://jap.physiolog...ent/112/11/1805

#4 drew_ab

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:07 PM

So in other words, you get the testosterone boost regardless of body composition changes?

#5 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

So in other words, you get the testosterone boost regardless of body composition changes?

You get a testosterone boost either way when working out, but as you reach new plateau's and break old ones (think about it), you both feel better about yourself and the resulting body comp changes even further support your testosterone levels , providing you are lean and have a decent degree of mass!

#6 douglis

• 16 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

I don't think that an hour lasting boost could have any noticeable effect.

#7 factsmachine

• 100 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

Cortisol drops from resistence training over a six week period. Look up the study. 
The T increase is secondary to the IGF1 increase that occurs from training. Even with NO T, one will build muscle training if previously untrained (according to studies) and this is due to IGF1 signaling for muscle growth.
Calorie restriction will reduce T. But to minimalize this:
Incorporate coconut and olive oil as often as possible as these both increase T. Olive oil (oleuroptin) also decreases cortisol and increases T.
http://www.ergo-log....tion.<br><br> And vegans have lower T from not eating red meat.
Try creatine supplementation as this increases DHT through a mechanism I am not sure of. I will only post facts, hence the name. But look up the studies if you're interested. 
My DHT levels are 200% above normal and I fucking love it. I'm on TRT though... Try Formestane to increase HPTA function and reduce Estradiol. This will boost your T and lower your Estradiol. It works great for muscle building as well.
I highly reccomend black lion labs, or something like that Formeron.
Worth it, I LOVE it.
Be well.
Namaste

Edited by factsmachine, 01 January 2015 - 10:14 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 baptized_in_flames

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

I notice that I feel the hormones hit me the hardest after an honest leg day, Squats, Deadlifts, Bulgarian Lunges, Leg Curls, Hamstrings, all superset with Calf Raises, yeah. An honest leg day. Chest and back day takes a close 2nd, and shoulder/arm day takes 3rd place. Also, being around members of the sex you are attracted to while you do any kind of workout will raise your testosterone slightly, this is a fact.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exercise, vegan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users