• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Any recommendations to repair knee Athritis and cartlidge damage from knee injury?

cartlidge arthritis

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

I am 45 years old and otherwise physically fit.  25 years ago I fell from a height and shattered bones in my right knee joint. As expected I now how arthritis in this knee which causes pain and swelling. Every few years I get the key hole surgery to repair the cartilage.  Apart from the usual Glucosamine, what other new supplements are out there which you think might help an otherwise fit, healthy person? I read one report that C60 might help, anything else you can think off?

#2 itpp

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

Jarrow Bone Up
Davinci Labs Perna Plus
GLC2000
LDN

?
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:10 AM

Jarrow Bone Up
Davinci Labs Perna Plus
GLC2000
LDN

?

Thanks itpp, I will research these supplements you mentioned.

I was thinking, TB500 is good for repairing ligaments and tendons, is there a similar injectable which may help bones and cartilage which may be stronger than oral supplements?

I already inject Semax SubQ, so I don't mind if I have to use and similar substance.

#4 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

Stem cell therapy, I've had it, it works
  • Agree x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#5 factsmachine

• 100 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

GHRP 2- OR 6. Or ipamorelin. 
with CJC 1295. Helped my knee tendonitis.
With mega dose fish oil, and collagen.

#6 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

GHRP 2- OR 6. Or ipamorelin. 
with CJC 1295. Helped my knee tendonitis.
With mega dose fish oil, and collagen.

While I would have loved to have access to peptides and growth hormones like this a few years ago, I will have to look into whether they will help repair or build new cartilage. I kind of wouldn't mind some extra muscle and less fat to go with my new exercise program, but my main priority is repairing my knees so I can continue to exercise (and work).,

The extra fish oil is something which will also be handy to mix with my nootropics so I will start on the fish oil soon. Opinions on Collagen seem to be mixed. If I can get a trial supply for a decent price I will try some as well to see if I am a responder. 

#7 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

I had not previously thought of stem cell therapy, but after reading some stories on it, it is looking rather attractive. Due to the cost of the therapy, I would likely try other supplements Or maybe peptides ( If I can find more evidence of them improving cartilage or Arthritis) first to see if they help, and if not, the stem cell therapy might be an option at a later stage.

#8 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

HGH injections into the joint capsule are purported to work for some:

http://www.iagh.com/

#9 factsmachine

• 100 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

They will work for you. They increase collagen synthesis. Up to an injection every 3 hours if you combine the two. At a 1:1 ratio cjc, and ghrp. Cheaper than hgh and works.
100mcg each.

#10 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

They will work for you. They increase collagen synthesis. Up to an injection every 3 hours if you combine the two. At a 1:1 ratio cjc, and ghrp. Cheaper than hgh and works.
100mcg each.

OK, so would I inject these SubQ into the knee joint area every 3 hours? How long would I keep the injections going for? 

#11 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

As stem cell therapy is quite extensive, I have put my name down for a trial involving stem cell injection following arthroscopic micro fracture vs arthroscopic micro fracture alone..  If I don't get to do the trial, I will look at some of the peptides mentioned if I can find out the best regimen, dosages and locations to inject them.

#12 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:11 AM

I know that when you are in the trials your not supposed to take anything else which may regenerate the knee. But as soon as the trial is over, by all means use the peptides and/ or growth hormones. After my trial period was over I started on C60oo and was astonished at the extra improvement. If you don't get into a stem cell trial seriously think about becoming a medical tourist, stem cell therapy costs about $10,000 here in Sydney, but only about $3,000 in Singapore ( it's not third world).
Don't look on the USA as having the best medical system, it's simply the most expensive.

Mike

#13 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:01 AM

Mpe, thanks for the heads up. If I do go on the trial I will stop taking anything else as per their instructions. Though I travel to USA regularly, I would have much preference treatment in Sydney but I am open to treatment in Singapore if they are that much cheaper. I wonder how Thailand or Philippines is for this treatment?

#14 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:02 AM

one thing that has helped me some and i have major pain issues is eggshell membrane 1000 mg per day i also started vitamin c 5 grams per day and will be adding mdm 5 grams per day as well as fish collagen from nor land products they sell bulk powder 300 grams for like 38 bux i am also getting vitamin E in the form of almond butter hefty amounts exercise is good as well and drinking lots of pure water

#15 immortalbeing

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

Seems to be stuff coming down the pipeline for the stem cell stuff 

http://www.businessw...nt#.VKjnRXbYFIp

mpe 

Was that articular cartilage  that you had repaired with stem cells ?  I just had exploratory  arthroscopic surgery and have a couple small lesions in my articular cartilage from a sports injury, it would be good to know. 

Maxpower

Where would did sign up for a clinical trial. ?

"
vs arthroscopic micro fracture alone."  This is not a good option as its not true hyaline knee cartilage from microfracture it's Fibrocartilage which is not as mechanically sound as hyaline cartilage and can wear out pretty quick. "

Actually found the study for the record 

"
The arthroscopic microfracture will not form part of the study as this is accepted surgical management"
Its not for me. You need full thickness lesions. Mine are only 30 % so I would not qualify. 

Edited by immortalbeing, 03 January 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#16 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

one thing that has helped me some and i have major pain issues is eggshell membrane 1000 mg per day i also started vitamin c 5 grams per day and will be adding mdm 5 grams per day as well as fish collagen from nor land products they sell bulk powder 300 grams for like 38 bux i am also getting vitamin E in the form of almond butter hefty amounts exercise is good as well and drinking lots of pure water

I have been googling Collagen supplements and Eggshell membrane supplements. From the small amount I have read, the collagen does not seem as effective as the body breaks the collagen down during digestion. Eggshell membrane has some good reports. How come we haven't read much about eggshell membrane compared to Glucosamine or Chondroitin?  I will read more into it.

#17 Maxpower

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

Maxpower

Where would did sign up for a clinical trial. ?

"
vs arthroscopic micro fracture alone."  This is not a good option as its not true hyaline knee cartilage from microfracture it's Fibrocartilage which is not as mechanically sound as hyaline cartilage and can wear out pretty quick. 
"

www.stemcellsaustralia.edu.au  is where I found the trials.

It is interesting what you say about the different types of cartilage, I had heard of microfracture being done previously and heard good things about it. Maybe it is not as good as some newer methods which I know nothing about.

#18 immortalbeing

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

www.stemcellsaustralia.edu.au  is where I found the trials.

It is interesting what you say about the different types of cartilage, I had heard of microfracture being done previously and heard good things about it. Maybe it is not as good as some newer methods which I know nothing about.

Check out the records of the NBA basketball players that have has MIcrofracuture. 30 odd % never play pro ball again.

It used to be the best there was, lots has happened in this area over the last year. 
Its the stem cell injections they are testing. Which could form true knee cartilage.  I will be keeping an eye on the outcome, it could be good stuff. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24458240

Edited by immortalbeing, 03 January 2015 - 10:48 AM.

• like x 1

#19 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:10 AM

Yes it was the articular cartlige

#20 immortalbeing

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:42 AM

Yes it was the articular cartlige

Was it a full thickness or partial thickness lesion. ? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#21 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

Sorry, don't know

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cartlidge, arthritis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users