• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

I accidentally 130 ng/ml of Vitamin D. Luckily, everything seems to be fine.

vitamin d hypervitaminosis hypercalcaemia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DonManley

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

So I though I share my adventures with Vitamin D supplementation, which was ~16 000 UI / day for 5 months. Unfortunately I did not measure initial Vit D and just assumed that I was deficient enough. My recent blood work came back, which showed that I over-did Vitamin D supplements. My results were:

Vit D (25-OH) | 130.4 ng/ml (326.0 nmol/l)

Calcium | 2.48 mmol

Optimal levels of Vit D seems to be around 50-75 ng/ml.

yxzYfQXl.jpg

If this graph can be used as a reference, then right now I have twice as much Vit D as needed. I'll quote this:

Serum 25OHD levels above 150 ng/ml are considered as VDI.

Luckily, I measured calcium as well and it is within the normal range (normal being 2.2–2.6 mmol/L, according to wikipedia). Most symptoms of hypervitaminosis D seems to be related to hypercalcaemia, which is, if I'll trust wikipedia starts at 3 mmol/l and is considered severe at 3.75–4 mmol/l . So the symptoms usually are:

I have none of them. Anecdotally , I think I have a dry throat more often than usually, but I'm not ever sure about that. In general, I feel pretty great. The only unfortunate thing is that I bought 4 months worth of relatively expensive multivitamins, which also have 1000 IU of Vitamin D and 250 mg of Calcium. And now I can't take them.

My plan is to stay away from calcium rich foods, from Vit D supplements and go vampire mode (which is easy, because right now it's a cold winter out here; even on a sunny day UVB is most likely to get filtered by the ozone layer, because sun does not raise high enough.)

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin d, hypervitaminosis, hypercalcaemia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users