• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

An ADHD Alchemist’s search for the Philosopher’s stone (A MUST READ)

biohacking smartdrugs experiments journal nootropics ahdh add dyslexia

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dee

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

Alchemist - one who was versed in the practice of alchemy and who sought an elixir of life and a panacea and an alkahest and the philosopher's stone.

And the story goes.............

I have ADD and Dyslexia which have limited my potential in many ways. I have decided to do something about it after many years of people including family saying these conditions don’t exist or that attributing labels to myself as conditions.  Anyway I need to get my inattention fixed and I need to get it fixed fast. I spoke to my Doctor and he referred me to a Psychiatrist who will in turn work with a Psychologist to assist me anyway they can. The problem is that it will take months to start, I’ve been to an assessment last month and they still haven’t given a date for the last assessment and after that it will take time to stabilize the results.

So I done some research and came across nootropics, I have been using supplements for years but not the “hard” kind. I was sold the idea of Modafinil by many sources and biohackers and reading reviews of the stuff. So in desperation I managed to get Modvigil from India, I have tried many other methods like hypnosis, meditation, entrainment (sound, light, both), brain training games and many other things but nothing helped. 

Modvigil experience

So I got it and tried it the same day around 1200pm am not sure if it was a placebo effect as I had intentional hyped myself up but I spent 8 hours doing research on nootropics afterwards, I was feeling amazing I could see my whole new life ahead of me, all the things I would now learn, all the experiences I could now have, the projects I would have the focus on completing. I was feeling amazing like I had found the philosopher's stone, the fix to all my problems.

Day 2: Then I had severe issues sleeping and when I did sleep I would awake after an 1 or two hours. Because of this and been awake for almost 26 hours the effects of the pill were not like the first day (or so I think).  I was feeling very low like I was nursing an hangover.

Day 3: I tried it and with other supplements and the day was far from the first day as well. I was restless, felt like there was something I needed to do but wasn’t doing. I had no appetite and the hunger had a different feeling than normal and could be ignored. I was walking faster than I ever did and I had this drive to get things done for the day. But I had mental fog, I normally do feel foggy but this time I was more aware of my mental fog. Another important thing to add is that I kept asking myself if what I was doing or thinking is important.

? Now am writing this and scratching my head, I don’t know what I done differently on the first day, unless it was just my positive expectations that resulted in the positive experience.

Anyway, while I was researching I was building my wish list and some compulsion came over me to buy the products, I spent over £200, of course I know it’s a bad idea to take all of them at once; maybe its ADD or maybe it’s just plain lack of self-control but I received 10 supplements today and I have many more in the post.

Search for the Philosopher's Stone

I have decided to diet and supplement myself with all my body needs. I focused so much on the mind these recent years that neglected my body, for getting that they both effect each other. So I decided to use my impulse buy to experiment with the various supplements and create a stack over time. Am sure this could make the different if done right.

Here is the list:

·         Acetyl L-Carnitine

·         OMEGA 3+6+9

·         TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS

·         LIONS MANE

·         (Cognizin Citicoline) ALPHA GPC

·         Ginkgo Biloba 3000mg and Korean Ginseng 1000mg

·         CAFFEINE TABLETS

·         PHOSPHATIDYL SERINE

·         Lion's Mane

·         Rhodiola Rosea

·         Pine Pollen

·         Gotu Kola

·         Huperzine A

·         Oxiracetam 

·         ASHVAGANDHA

·         Centrum Advance Tablets

·         Noopept

Well known Stacks I researched that I can make from the above list is:

Weight lifting Stack (form a program am starting):

·         CREATINE MONOHYDRATE

·         WHEY PROTEIN POWDER

·         Raspberry Ketone

·         Colon cleasing pills

·         TRIBULUS TERRESTRIS (Testosterone booster)

The Focus, Learning & Memory Stack (From a smartnootropics.co.uk):

·         Oxiracetam 

·         GPC Choline 

·         ALCAR 

·         Neuroprime 

1-3 days a week:

·         Huperzine A 

·         Caffeine 

Before Bed:

·         Phosphatidyl Serine 

·         Lion's Mane

Adaptogens Stress Stack (from nootriment.com):

·         ASHVAGANDHA

·         Ginkgo Biloba and Korean Ginseng

·         Rhodiola Rosea

QUESTION TIME

I can’t send all the pills back, so let’s make the best out of it. Since am a newbie I need some advice from the more advanced user, first been is it important to see a doctor first. I think I will give Modvigil a rest tomorrow to reach my baseline, then I can take it on Sunday reducing the dose. If it doesn’t work as expected I can give it up, although I had thought for a sec there that I “cured” my ADD.

-Is it best to take one supplement at a time or can I take a stack at a time and see what happens

-if its best to take one supplement at a time how many days would be recommended for a trustworthy test, keep in mind some products say benefits are only felt after weeks or months.

-If I take one at a time to I do the whole list individually then begin combining them or do I just keep adding to identify how each one works with the other not necessary how each one would work alone.

-If I can take a stack at a time (from the start), what would happen in the even I have I bad reaction? (I assume I would wait to recover, then take them one at a time each day until I find the source)

- Assuming I do take a stack at a time and the issue from above is with a combination of products, what would be the procedure in that case to correct or find the problem.

-       Must I keep my doctor in the loop or is that a question I must ask him

My Goals

My goals used to be ambitious when I started out and combined all the sales letter of all the products, supplements and tech, and after failed attempts at most of them, all everyone has a inner genius pitch started wearing off , so here are my goals:

-Eradicate ADD symptoms
-Build the skills that the symptoms made impossible to master
- Find the right combination of suppments that will increase my drive, energy and focus to live a full long life

-(I had wanted to increase my intellect by hardwork, commitment perseverance and self-discipline are more important in my view)

Thanks for reading this and taking time out, I’ll be sure to post my results daily if I can, this will motivate me to keep good records and track the results and hopefully it will help others too. Am looking forward to you feedback.

PS: I hope on the journey all the experimenting will result in “perfect” overall health and life extension.

Dee

Reserved for contents:

#2 Dee

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

Day 4 

I think am back to normal, skimming through words and not reading them fully, having to reread to comprehend. I am afraid to experiment with a lower dose of Modvigil. I cant afford to feel arwfull  again but I have work on Monday and I rather take 50mg now and see what happens than experiment during the business week.

I have now taken 1/4 of a 200mg tablet. Even after I promised my self I would have a day to recover. I also received more pills today.  

10/01/2015 @ 21:16

Experiment 1)

•  Oxiracetam 
  • GPC Choline 
  •  ALCAR 
  •  Huperzine A 
  • Caffeine 
  • Noopept
  • 50mg  Modvigil

(makes sense to try em all over the weekend and see what happens, might work perfect the first time or I might end up in A&E)

Edited by Dee, 10 January 2015 - 09:21 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dee

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

Experiment 1) The results

- feeling like parts of my brain are been activated or "turned on"  
-good feeling from my belly outwards
-Reading a lot faster and indepth, rereading quicker and comprehension is inceased.
- Some times I scan a group of word and understand the meanings without saying them out aloud in my head.
- I have moving about alot, its restlessness mixed with energy, wish the energy was mental 
- Before I would spend a few seconds thinking hard about what I need to do next, like I'll get my phone and be zoned out for 5-15 secs then think what am I looking for then find it, now its almost straint to the point.
- Short term memory as increased, I can hold information acurately for longer and stay focused on task

Aftermath: 

-Started to feel it wearing off as my recall kept taking longer and longer, i'll try to track effective time tomorrow so I can optimize my doses
-Have to force my self to eat when I can't stand the pains.
-Started feeling really tried around 01:28

Experiment 2) The Focus, Learning & Memory Stack Night time:

LIONS MANE x1
PHOSPHATIDYL SERINE x1

+Adaptogens Stress Stack:

Rhodiola Rosea x1
Ginkgo Biloba 3000mg and Korean Ginseng 1000mg x2
ASHVAGANDHA (hasnt arrived yet)

+Additional 
Pine Pollen  x1
Gotu Kola x1
Colon Clease x2

I normally wake up rugged in the morning this time I will see if there is a direct impact. I tired a herbal stack sometime again for dream enhancement and I have been having vivid dream since so I'll see what else is new.

Also I normally have problems sleeping I cant switch off my mind and thoughts keep rushing in, it will  be great if it helps me so concentration on nothing long enough for me to fall asleep.

Update:

I started skaking gently for a few seconds after about 10 mins of taking the Night Stake and felt slight energy go thru my body.
Felt "energy in my brain and sharted to shake again, hope its all good. Anyway to bed till tomorrow folks.

• Well Written x 1

#4 Dee

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

Experiment 2) The results

I didn't sleep tonight, as I woke up around 5-6PM. But as I lay in bed I felt  good. I don't know which supplement caused this feeling but it was good. Got up at six and took my morning stack, I went for a jog and I ran farther than I ever have before, the energy was amazing. I wish I had the time to experience with each supplement so I know exactly which done what but I needed results fast. I still did not get the concentration I got on day 1 but I guess it will grow over time as I create new neurons, networks and behavior patterns. I will start brain training tomorrow.   

• like x 1

#5 Dave Candy

• 31 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

I also have adhd & have found taking 1/2 the recommended dose was better for my adhd, 

Reduce Anxiety & dont take anything that would add to making any extra. like Tianeptine.

replace Modvigil with Adrafinil - alot better I think

this worked for me, 

http://nootriment.com/nootropics-for-add-adhd/

If you find some of my posts I bought alot of differents nootropics also trying to make a balance. 

also you might want to find some nootrpics for depression and anxiety.

• Agree x 1

#6 Dee

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

replace Modvigil with Adrafinil - alot better I think

also you might want to find some nootrpics for depression and anxiety.

Yeah I will do this the next paycheck I get. 

What do you recommend for depression and anxiety.

#7 Dee

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Day 5

I have tried all the supplements and I haven't had a bad reaction, I've been eating a lot of fruits tho. My appetite is a little funny I don't feel the hunger pains. Although the Modvigil  is still a bit yucky in my system.

I have done some deep breathing exercises an I found they have worked a charm, all the depression and anxiety have halted almost magically. I think its possible that the Modvigil  needed a lot of oxygen to operate and the brain didn't have its fuel and so I feel a negative reaction.  I will have to wait until next week day to experiment with it.  

That's all for today folks.    

#8 Dave Candy

• 31 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

just keep an eye on the depression and anxiety, Tianeptine is great for depression but bad on anxiety. If you dont have any Anxiety it will create some for sure. Tianeptine works in 10-30 seconds also!! if you dare to try it, start with 10mg-20mg the more you take the more you will create extra anxiety. this is for short term use only, not long term. good when trying new stacks, will give a nice boost once you find your balanced mg to take, could even start with 6mg to 12mg  - I have taken 30-60mg but anxiety was very high & didn't like it. remember don't take this long term. you can read in the forums about it. this is the fastest acting nootropic by far. just look for nootropics that lower Anxiety, I think you have some already, you can use http://nootriment.com/ as a quick guide to see what helps with depression and anxiety also just click on the right side of site & it will link you to another site that has info about each nootropic basic & some detailed info. I think it links to this site, http://peaknootropics.com/high prices but good info.

Edited by Dave Candy, 11 January 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#9 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, half dose everything until you have become used to them. I noticed you were missing a good Magnesium Supplement. I have started a topic that has ALL YOU NEED to help you get on the right track: http://www.longecity...ress-knowledge/

Don't dismiss it for your own sake.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#10 JellyRev

• 71 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

I think GPC, modavigil soon to be adrafinil and caffeine are carrying the load for your stack, possibly oxiracetam. Huperziene alcar and noopept(debatable) can be taken out.

Not enough experience in testing herbal stacks for xp 2, though I do have most of them

#11 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

That is a a lot of stuff to try all at once. I have ADD also, and personally the Noopept I have been taking is my "saving grace". I don't know if you guys have ever taken Strattera (atomoxetine) but the effects Noopept are having on my memory are as effective (if not more so) without the negative effects on appetite + libido.

But enough of that haha

Seriously though I'm not so sure about your ginkgo, I took that for over a year but never saw any actual effects. And caffeine, I would suggest keeping that to a max of ~200mg a day, as it can make impulsivity and anxiety much much worse for ADD folks. Phenylpiracetam, Pramiracetam and partially Fasoracetam have all worked much better for me.

I can't say much for modafinil/adrafinil as my own experience with those substances has been limited.

#12 Jesse Ryan

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

The problem with taking 50 different things all at once is you don't know what is really working for you.  

Subtracting things could work but it takes more time and effort.  

One is probably better off trying each thing at a time and seeing their respective effects.   Then combining things in pairs and then in groups to if they're more than the sum of their parts.  

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#13 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

The problem with taking 50 different things all at once is you don't know what is really working for you.

One is probably better off trying each thing at a time and seeing their respective effects. Then combining things in pairs and then in groups to if they're more than the sum of their parts.

I suppose that could be a symptom of ADHD or simply believing more is better. It took me a while to learn its all money down the drain after a certain point.

#14 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

One is probably better off trying each thing at a time and seeing their respective effects. Then combining things in pairs and then in groups to if they're more than the sum of their parts.

I suppose that could be a symptom of ADHD or simply believing more is better. It took me a while to learn its all money down the drain after a certain point.

Impulse buying? Of course.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 Jesse Ryan

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Impulse buying? Of course.

We've all been there after a few hours of 3am research presuming Aniracetam will change our lives 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biohacking, smartdrugs, experiments, journal, nootropics, ahdh, add, dyslexia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users