• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Psychiatric drugs + ciprofloxacin - recovery?

blunting emotion antipsychotics ciprofloxacin fluoroquinoles antidepressants benzodiazepines

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarianVB

• 34 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

I have been normal for all my life until 29 y/o.

In the past years I have developped a trauma and was prescribed antipsychotics, antidepressants, benzodiazepines. The actually caused and worsened problems.

Three months ago I was prescribed ciprofloxacin + NSAID + benzo + SSRI. I yesterday discovered this is a criminal combination. CF is a toxic antibiotic, causing psychosis and cns damage and mitochondrial damage. It is ill-advised in benzo withdrawal for complicating it. NSAIDS make it even more toxic. CF increases serum levels of antipsychotics.  

In the weeks after CF I lost my self:

- I developped all kinds of physical, cognitive and emotional problems and eventually psychosis.

- Dr: more meds! Forced benzo's and antipsychotics led to more emotional, cognitive and motor problems and extreme inbetween dose withdrawal.

- Dr: more meds! I relapsed into psychosis right after increase.

- Dr; more meds! I recovered a little and refused.

Since 2 weeks I am completely without meds. Funny enough this healed my psychosis and most motor, sleep and cognitive problems.

But the worst remains - I have only vague and fleeting emotions in response to strong external stimuli and my emotional memory is gone. I feel like they took my soul. My basic state is neutral and indifferent. When I would normally feel overwhelming love, joy, empathy, faith or sadness, anger, fear I can now detect feelings....but my brain feels like it's on aneasthetics.   

Example - I had overwhelming love and a real strong bond with my child. On meds I felt nothing. Now I don't feel anything about his photos or not seeing him for a week. Only when we meet after a week and play and cuddle I can feel some comfort and slight happiness. When he's gone, all feelings are lost. I do sometimes feel real sadness about not being able to love him, ironically.  

Does anyone know about fluoroquinoles and psychiatric meds? Does anyone know about mitochondrial repair? About recovery from antipsychotics?

I am willing to try the most experimental therapies - nothing to lose.

#2 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

Hence, my utter disappointment with the health system. It's driven by Capitalist ideals, big pharma pushing drugs onto the doctors with no knowledge to back it up. Marketing & profit wins over treatment.

My path now leads to Psilocybin to treat my emotion / trauma issues. An illegal substance that has many reports of repairing trauma & depression in one dose. No profit in that, is there?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

Could be due to SSRI. They tend to blunt emotions: some are not able to fall in love, others develop chronic sexual dysfunctions (PSSD) and sometimes anxiety.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blunting, emotion, antipsychotics, ciprofloxacin, fluoroquinoles, antidepressants, benzodiazepines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users