• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dry fasting: a reasonable extrapolation?

dry fasting

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 son of shen nong

• 30 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the information SSN and I'm sorry you had a rough experience. Had you dry-fasted much before? Did you pass urine comfortably and frequently during the fast? I've passed urine daily and on some days stools during my fast. It might be helpful to the community if you posted your experience on say the curezone forum.

I experienced considerable flank pain during my first 3-day dry fast in Dec 2012 and some in possibly the following fast, but none since. I was and still am unclear whether it was kidney pain  as many old injuries flared up and I had experienced lower back problems years before.

In the past, I've dry fasted only 1 or 2 days, altho I have juice fasted up to 9 days.  Have also done several liver flushes over the last  30 yrs or so, as I also build up gallstones periodically (I think due mainly to oxalic acid in foods.  I avoid spinach & chard now).  Last yr I also started the dreaded coffee enema now and again w surprisingly good results.
Regarding my dry fast, passed urine comfortably for the 1st four days.  I don't know about frequently, after all, I was dry fasting.  Stones arrived on 5th day, which was the reason I broke fast w water, taken every 30-40 minutes until symptoms resolved after 4-5 hours.   No problems w kidneys post dry fasting.  May do a watermelon juice fast soon as we're going into summer.  Watermelon  contain a natural diuretic,   May juice cucumbers as well, to cut down on high sugar content of juice and as I believe they also contain citrulline.

Thanks for tip about curezone.  May post my experience there.

• Informative x 1

#32 ambivalent

• Topic Starter
  • 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the information SSN and I'm sorry you had a rough experience. Had you dry-fasted much before? Did you pass urine comfortably and frequently during the fast? I've passed urine daily and on some days stools during my fast. It might be helpful to the community if you posted your experience on say the curezone forum.

I experienced considerable flank pain during my first 3-day dry fast in Dec 2012 and some in possibly the following fast, but none since. I was and still am unclear whether it was kidney pain  as many old injuries flared up and I had experienced lower back problems years before.

In the past, I've dry fasted only 1 or 2 days, altho I have juice fasted up to 9 days.  Have also done several liver flushes over the last  30 yrs or so, as I also build up gallstones periodically (I think due mainly to oxalic acid in foods.  I avoid spinach & chard now).  Last yr I also started the dreaded coffee enema now and again w surprisingly good results.
Regarding my dry fast, passed urine comfortably for the 1st four days.  I don't know about frequently, after all, I was dry fasting.  Stones arrived on 5th day, which was the reason I broke fast w water, taken every 30-40 minutes until symptoms resolved after 4-5 hours.   No problems w kidneys post dry fasting.  May do a watermelon juice fast soon as we're going into summer.  Watermelon  contain a natural diuretic,   May juice cucumbers as well, to cut down on high sugar content of juice and as I believe they also contain citrulline.

Thanks very much for the clarifcation. It may well have been a leap from 2 to 5 days, my climb was less steep but I experienced similar back problems too in the first two day fasts,  but as I said not since and I don't recall any problems passing urine. So may I ask did you experience the flank pains for a while before breaking, leading up to the kidney stones? So I'm curious, if you weren't too distracted by the stones, did you notice any benefits from such a long dry fast?

I'm not sure what the community is like at the curezone at the moment; the Fasting Doctor at the fastingconnection has always impressed me from the posts I've read, I believe he dry fasts one day a week, but perhaps not experienced in longer dry fasts. I'm sure he'll respond to any queries though. Good luck with your watermelon fast!

#33 son of shen nong

• 30 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

Thanks very much for the clarifcation. It may well have been a leap from 2 to 5 days, my climb was less steep but I experienced similar back problems too in the first two day fasts,  but as I said not since and I don't recall any problems passing urine. So may I ask did you experience the flank pains for a while before breaking, leading up to the kidney stones? So I'm curious, if you weren't too distracted by the stones, did you notice any benefits from such a long dry fast?

I'm not sure what the community is like at the curezone at the moment; the Fasting Doctor at the fastingconnection has always impressed me from the posts I've read, I believe he dry fasts one day a week, but perhaps not experienced in longer dry fasts. I'm sure he'll respond to any queries though. Good luck with your watermelon fast!

The flank pain came first, most likely the stones precipitated due to dehydration caused by dry fast.

My guess is stones precipitated most likely in calyx of kidney & then descended thru ureter.  That would be my dull flank pain.  From ureter they moved into bladder.  No problem there, bladder is big.  But from there it's onto the urethra.  That's where pain changed from dull to sharp.  Actually the ureters' diameters are smaller than that of the urethra, so I'm guessing urethra has more nerve endings.  Doof!!  I knew I had to keep drinking to flush them out, but each time I urinated sharp pain would start over again, albeit each time pain was a bit less severe as I slowly peed the little suckers out.  So much more of an obstruction than a big ER worthy blockage.  At some point, passed them completely & I could urinate wo any discomfort. 

#34 son of shen nong

• 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

So I'm curious, if you weren't too distracted by the stones, did you notice any benefits from such a long dry fast?

Overlooked this question, ambivalent.

No real benefits stand out in the moment to me regarding my 5 day dry fast.  I look @ diet & fasting as two sides of the same coin insofar as health is concerned, so benefits necessarily accumulate over time as I alternate between the two.  For me, the coin is skewed in the direction of diet.  I believe the body can do 3 things with what we voluntarily or involuntarily (ie environmental factors) put into it.  It can use it, eliminate it, or store it, so I see fasting as more of an occasional purification process,  With less intake of food, the body has more energy available to get rid of stored toxins.

#35 ambivalent

• Topic Starter
  • 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for the update son of sheng non.

Well, given your experience, if such pains recurr then it might be wise for me to break the fast at that point; if my lower bank pains were an old injury then I'd not expect it to occur again (as other injuries thus far have not) so it most likey would be stones.

Well, I decided via google translate to initiate first contact with Doctor Sergei Filonov. I conveyed (I hope) my experience with brain fog and he replied with warmth and succinctness:

'Welcome! This is a normal process, let it be. Sincerely, S.'. 

I then inquired about kidney stones but I'm not sure how well it translated (or indeed if dry-fasting penetrated the language barrier); anyhow, the unfathomable strings of characters appearing in my inbox magically became: 

'Hello! You can starve with stones'

If the time comes, I hope SETI don't rely on google translate to prevent interstellar conflict.

I'm quite sure he will be extremely helpful if you can establish a reliable form of contact: do you have any russian-speaking friends?

• Cheerful x 1

#36 son of shen nong

• 30 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

I'm quite sure he will be extremely helpful if you can establish a reliable form of contact: do you have any russian-speaking friends?

Nope.

#37 son of shen nong

• 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

Going a bit off topic, my apologies, but this does relate to fasting.

Recently completed a 2 day watermelon juice fast.  Did w the purpose of

flushing my kidneys good for a bit, which it did.  However, on the 2nd day,

a added 2 ingredients to my watermelon juice.  1. schizandra, which is good for both

the kidneys & liver, & 2. unmodified potato starch, a good source of resistant starch, a notable prebiotic, as I also have

sleep issues, & have read this product can be good for that. 

What I noticed concerning ups: As it is high in resistant starch, ups is mostly indigestable, but beneficial bacteria

in the alimentary tract, principally the small & large intestine, love it, & so it has benefits for

the microbiome.   Pertaining to wet fasting, adding ups to my juice gave me an increased feeling of satiety, which lingered for several hours, making the act of fasting much easier to bear.  Some slight bloating & increased flatulence was also noticed, but I felt this was a good thing, as it indicated to me the probiotics inside my gut were digesting it, hence the gas & bloating was a byproduct of fermentation.

Here's a link for food sources of resistant starch:

http://freetheanimal...ch-in-Foods.pdf

Sidenote:  In the pdf, they list lotus seeds as being moderately high in resistant starch.  To me this is interesting, as in TCM, one of the uses for lotus seeds, or Lian Zhi, is for calming shen.  Interesting, considering some people use resistant starch for improved sleep.

#38 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

I think you guys would be intrested in Transmutation. It's an important part of understanding electrolytes.
I've known about it for 30 years and practice dry living! I urinate 3 times a day. If you search Sanpaku it will lead you to a good author.

#39 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:36 AM

Okay two weeks ago I did one of my routine 75 hour fastes. On the second day I tried going with minimal water.

Safe to say I will never try to do this again (less I buy a weekend at a professional fasting resort)

During the afternoon I developed a painful headache that only resolved hours after I started drinking. In the weeks afterward I have been having a numb pain in the area of my pancreas/gallbladder.

I suspect it might be gallstones, will go to the doctor in two weeks for examination.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dry fasting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users