nootropics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jakebvt

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Hello all,

I'm a biology major and I'm very much interested in the brain. I'm very active in undergraduate research and plan to get a combined MD/PhD in the future. My particular area of interest is in alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases. In unison with this interest I'm also interested in cognitive enhancement. I see a lot of interest in cognitive enhancers, but not in other drugs that can help with cognitive performance. As a result, I have complied a list here of other drugs that can be used to enhance cognitive function.

1. Sleeping Pills

Sleeping pills help people fall into a deeper sleep and wake up fully rested. The more rested we feel the more our brain is able to function. The brain needs sleep.

Examples:

zolpidem

eszopiclone

temazepam

etc.

2. Pain-Killers

Sort of tied to #1, but pain killers can relieve stress and help people sleep better. However, they must be taken at night as they will make people drowsy and sometimes even dizzy. Also please note that some studies indicate that prolonged use of pain killers can actually lead to neurodegeneration.

Examples:

oxycodone

hydromorphone

etc.

3. Anti-Depressants

Depression and anxiety can negatively impact a person's ability to think. Taking anti-depressants can help relieve this stress and improve concentration.

Examples:

fluoxetine

sertraline

etc.

4. ADHD Medications

This one is pretty obvious. These can improve concentration. However, if you do not actually have ADHD their ability to help you is limited.

Examples:

amphetamine

DISCLAIMER:
I am not recommending that you take any of the drugs mentioned in this article. Use drugs and other substances at your own risk. Please consult your physician before starting any medication or supplement. In addition, without a prescription some of the substances mentioned in this article are highly illegal. I'm not recommending that you purchase anything without a prescription. I am not a healthcare provider.

Edited by jakebvt, 16 January 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#2 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:14 AM

Hi

English is not my native language, could You please explain what biology major exactly means ?

What do You think about Piracetam and what do You consider as one of the top drugs or compound for cognitive enhacement ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users