* * * * * 1 votes

Ibogaine GDNF stimulant

ibogaine gdnf

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 welbi

• 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

Hi, I was going to take ibogaine at low doses, then no hallucinogenic effects and depersonalization. This is because it is the only substance in nature that i know that stimulates the production of GDNF. I have two questions, the first is what is the dose that I have to take for not having any kind of hallucinogenic effect? and second, there are particular interaction between ibogaine which is an NMDA antagonist and other nootropics supplements?

Edited by welbi, 19 January 2015 - 08:36 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2 ViniMD

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:33 PM

First of all, I would advice u to look for a professional clinic that offers ibogaine treatments, its way more safe than doing it at home, u never know what could happen (read about side effects and death from ibogaine)...

Second, we cant lie ibogaine has a huge potential on treating mental illness related to bad levels of neurotransmitters, Im still starting my researches and I dont know much about GDNF etc, can someone take a look at this research?

We recently showed that the up-regulation of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) pathway in the midbrain, is the molecular mechanism by which the putative anti-addiction drug Ibogaine mediates its desirable action of reducing alcohol consumption. Human reports and studies in rodents have shown that a single administration of Ibogaine results in a long-lasting reduction of drug craving (humans) and drug and alcohol intake (rodents). Here we determine whether, and how, Ibogaine exerts its long-lasting actions on GDNF expression and signaling. Using the dopaminergic-like SHSY5Y cell line as a culture model, we observed that short-term Ibogaine exposure results in a sustained increase in GDNF expression that is mediated via the induction of a long-lasting autoregulatory cycle by which GDNF positively regulates its own expression. We show that the initial exposure of cells to Ibogaine or GDNF results in an increase in GDNF mRNA, leading to protein expression and to the corresponding activation of the GDNF signaling pathway. This, in turn, leads to a further increase in the mRNA level of the growth factor. The identification of a GDNF-mediated, autoregulatory long-lasting feedback loop could have important implications for GDNF's potential value as a treatment for addiction and neurodegenerative diseases.

Alcohol addiction manifests as uncontrolled drinking despite negative consequences. Few medications are available to treat the disorder. Anecdotal reports suggest that ibogaine, a natural alkaloid, reverses behaviors associated with addiction including alcoholism; however, because of side effects, ibogaine is not used clinically. In this study, we first characterized the actions of ibogaine on ethanol self-administration in rodents. Ibogaine decreased ethanol intake by rats in two-bottle choice and operant self-administration paradigms. Ibogaine also reduced operant self-administration of ethanol in a relapse model. Next, we identified a molecular mechanism that mediates the desirable activities of ibogaine on ethanol intake. Microinjection of ibogaine into the ventral tegmental area (VTA), but not the substantia nigra, reduced self-administration of ethanol, and systemic administration of ibogaine increased the expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in a midbrain region that includes the VTA. In dopaminergic neuron-like SHSY5Y cells, ibogaine treatment upregulated the GDNF pathway as indicated by increases in phosphorylation of the GDNF receptor, Ret, and the downstream kinase, ERK1 (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1). Finally, the ibogaine-mediated decrease in ethanol self-administration was mimicked by intra-VTA microinjection of GDNF and was reduced by intra-VTA delivery of anti-GDNF neutralizing antibodies. Together, these results suggest that GDNF in the VTA mediates the action of ibogaine on ethanol consumption. These findings highlight the importance of GDNF as a new target for drug development for alcoholism that may mimic the effect of ibogaine against alcohol consumption but avoid the negative side effects.

Could any mod move this into Brain Health Forum?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 wbray123

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

I think it is also illegal, so there's that concern as well.

#4 Sophia13

• 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:00 PM

I really want to try micro dosing ibogaine (for post ssri anhedonia). Can anyone help me or pm me where I could purchase some?

#5 jwwilliams002

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

I have some experience with Ibogaine.  It definitely has some major potential but seems really unpredictable . I have seen it be amazing for some people and really bad for others.  Definitely do as much research as you can and get a good handle on it before trying it out.  It helped me a lot for quite sometime but using it repeatedly seemed to make me worse in the end .  I would not say "dont try it" but I personally am at a point that I would not use it again because it is just too strong, effects last too long and tricky to work with.   

#6 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

I have some experience with Ibogaine.  It definitely has some major potential but seems really unpredictable . I have seen it be amazing for some people and really bad for others.  Definitely do as much research as you can and get a good handle on it before trying it out.  It helped me a lot for quite sometime but using it repeatedly seemed to make me worse in the end .  I would not say "dont try it" but I personally am at a point that I would not use it again because it is just too strong, effects last too long and tricky to work with.   

in what way it helped you for a while?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 jwwilliams002

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:43 PM

It helped a lot with anxiety and seemed to stop looping and repetitive thoughts.  Basically I would have much more silence in my head.  It also had pronounced anti-addictive effects.  It changed the way my body reacts to alcohol.  Drinking no longer gives me a mood boost like it did before the Ibogaine, just makes me feel drowsy and disoriented.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibogaine, gdnf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users