• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Source of good quality Methylene Blue (MB)

methylene blue

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cg8732b

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

Hey guys, So I like to research a new supplement/nootropic once a month and test it out on myself to see if it agrees with me. This month I've been research MB mainly because it looks like it has a lot of potential but also because I also have HSV-2. Currently I take Krill oil, Vit D, Ginko, Resveratrol, Iodine, curcumin, EGCG, Garlic, ALCAR, Magnesium&Zinc, lithium and Lysine.

http://selfhacked.co...itive-enhancer/

The source recommended in the article is listed below. Does anyone know of a more reputable/pure source? My wife won't let me put anti-fungal meant for fish in my body.

http://www.amazon.co...=methylene blue

Thanks in advance.

#2 cg8732b

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

Nothing? I know people are taking it...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 axonopathy

• Guest Social Engineering Spammer
  • 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:12 AM

cg, do you think this Methylene Blue source is legitimate? http://www.amazon.co...duct/B00WGBIBUC

I've been looking for pharmaceutical grade methylene blue for a while now, as ingesting fish disinfectant seems super sketchy. Have you made any progress on locating a source? 

Edited by rnapolymerase, 23 April 2015 - 01:08 AM.

#4 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:13 AM

This looks like the best bet:

http://www.amazon.co...rnid=2941120011

#5 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:14 AM

anyone ever taken it to report?

#6 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:01 PM

I've taken the fish stuff and it "worked" fine.  No adverse effects besides gills...lol...

MB is such an interesting substance!  I just don't even know where to begin except my reaction varied drastically to dose, and you couldn't come up with a better placebo effect inducer, so who knows!!

The take away for me was it really did seem to elevate my mood when I was mildly depressed, but thanks to CBT, meditation, and H.I.T training, I'm no longer depressed.  At some point the pain in the butt from cleaning the blue stains in the sink, which seemed inevitable when using the fish brand, seemed more trouble than the benefit.

I would love to try far higher doses, but THAT I didn't feel comfortable doing with the fish brand for fear of heavy metal contamination.

I also think it needs to be cycled as my best effects came 3-4 days after beginning a course of treatment, then seemed to fall off after that.

DO NOT take MB in conjunction with Modafinil, Piracetam, and caffeine!  That was a highly unpleasant!  Thoughts racing all over creation.  I felt like Isochromia without the pleasure of manic delusions!!

#7 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

which fish product did you take? might as well just go fishing to the local pet store

Edited by normalizing, 05 May 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#8 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

Kordon.

#9 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

I've taken the fish stuff and it "worked" fine.  No adverse effects besides gills...lol...

MB is such an interesting substance!  I just don't even know where to begin except my reaction varied drastically to dose, and you couldn't come up with a better placebo effect inducer, so who knows!!

The take away for me was it really did seem to elevate my mood when I was mildly depressed, but thanks to CBT, meditation, and H.I.T training, I'm no longer depressed.  At some point the pain in the butt from cleaning the blue stains in the sink, which seemed inevitable when using the fish brand, seemed more trouble than the benefit.

I would love to try far higher doses, but THAT I didn't feel comfortable doing with the fish brand for fear of heavy metal contamination.

I also think it needs to be cycled as my best effects came 3-4 days after beginning a course of treatment, then seemed to fall off after that.

DO NOT take MB in conjunction with Modafinil, Piracetam, and caffeine!  That was a highly unpleasant!  Thoughts racing all over creation.  I felt like Isochromia without the pleasure of manic delusions!!

Here's the pharmacology

Modafinil might be an issue as it's a DAT inhibitor, although a minor one. How much did you take? Any reuptake inhibitors/releasing agents might be a problem with MB as it seems to rather potently inhibit MAO-A, although reversibly (like Moclobemide). As for Piracetam and caffeine, this could very a lot from person and person, and I wouldn't put strict warnings cause your body didn't like it.

Edited by OneScrewLoose, 05 May 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#10 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

Kordon.

help me out here a bit, which product; http://www.kordon.co...donllc/products

#11 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

http://www.kordon.co...ompatabilities!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:09 AM

No, I didn't mean to issue a strict warning.  But I swear, more than the Modafinil, it felt like the MB potentiated the manic aspects of  piracetam.  I was also taking a very high dose of piracetam at the time.  Like just a tablespoon whenever I felt like it.  I normally tolerate it very well alone...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: methylene blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users