• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Lowering Catecholamines by Selectively Depleting Precursors

stresssleep depression tyrosine catecholamines neurotransmitters serotonin dopamine epinephrine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 binder23

• 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

I have elevated catecholamine levels and have been looking for ways to get them down. I've heard anecdotal reports of Branch Chain Amino Acids reducing catecholamine levels, and today I came across a study today demonstrating that ingestion of a selectively deficient amino-acid blend (without tyrosine, phenylalanine or tryptophan) effectively depleted monoamine precursors and reduced synthesis of epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine and serotonin:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....cles/PMC257796/

Unfortunately, I could not find any information on the blend/ratios they used for the Amino Acid mixture.

Does anyone have any knowledge about appropriate Amino Acid ratios if I wanted to try this myself? I found a vitamin compounding site (http://www.vitaganic.com) but they seem not offer Methionine, Threonine, Cystine, Alanine or Serine. Does anyone have any better suggestions as to how I might formulate my own similar Amino Acid complex with appropriate ratios (minus Tyrosine, Phenylalanine and Tryptophan)?

Any thoughts are appreciated

#2 binder23

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

Additionally,

Part of my wanting to attempt this stems from the negative reactions I've had to Tyrosine and Tryptophan (or really anything dopaminergic or serotonergic). I've tried clonidine, alpha and beta blocker which have had strong effects but also strong side effects.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stresssleep, depression, tyrosine, catecholamines, neurotransmitters, serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users