• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Need help with facial skin problem (with photos!)

skinproblems redskin

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Alphalifestyle

• 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

Hi guys,

when I was in my teens I had some pretty bad acne and really oily skin, especially around the nose, under the eyes. Today I am 28 and the skin on my cheeks is always red, has big pores, its flaky and feels VERY dry. Sometimes almost like I have a crust on my skin their. It looks almost damaged to me, but the skin doctor would not think anything of it and just recommended lotion... -_- but so far moisturizers or other oinments did not improve it. I have this almost all year around but for some reason sometimes it improves alot for a few weeks, but I could not find out what the cause of it was.

t26dboe7.jpg

l93vhnlq.jpg

Any ideas first: What the problem with my skin there could be? And second: What can I do to get a more regular, smooth and normal looking facial skin?

Recently I also noticed a few blue veins under my eye, not like a black coloured skin, but just blue veins that are visible under the skin, can I do anything to prevent that getting more pronounced?

Would be really thankful for any help.

• like x 1

#2 Epitopia

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

With such subclinical symptoms it's never be easy to find a cause. To me it seems like some mild inflammation due to oversensitivity oder some kind mild nutrient deficiency. Can you briefly describe your general lifestyle and nutrition? Do you have any other symptoms or any abnormal findings in blood work?

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:34 PM

Looks and sounds like a case of beginning and so still mild rosacea/couperosis to me. I'd urge to see a dermatologist about it.

• Agree x 3

#4 ForeverBulking

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

I have the exact, but I mean exact, thing. Can't cure it so far.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

I agree with Dolph here, but you said that you already saw a skin doctor (dermatologist, I presume) and they didn't think much of it.  I had some long-standing mild rosacea, a bit like this, and it went away when I started wearing sunscreen every day.  There are laser treatments for capillary issues, if that's part of this.  The dryness, flakiness, and crusty feeling makes it sound like there is something else going on.   Protect your face from heat/cold/sun/wind/dryness, and generally live a healthy lifestyle-- that would probably do a lot.  Based on the photo, I'd say things aren't very bad.  Going by your description, on the other hand, I'd say find another dermatologist.  Good luck with it; let us know if you have any success.

Oh, another thing:  What exactly is your skin care regimen, anyway?   using any harsh soaps or inappropriate stuff?  There are some skin/beauty forums that have very knowledgeable people that really know their skin care.

#6 Kirito

• 63 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

I was dealing with the same exact problem last summer, and it started a bit after I switched my shampoo. It took a little bit of time to figure out that the offender was the Giovanni Golden Wheat shampoo. The Pacific Northwest summer weather could have somehow played a role though, due to all of the shifts from the cool/damp breezes coming off of the bay at night to the warm/dry afternoons. And vice-versa.

• Needs references x 1

#7 wannabeageless

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:06 AM

The extreme dryness makes me wonder if it is related to either Rosacea or a break in the skin barrier or Transepidermal Water Loss.  If it's the latter than using a product like Every Lipid Serum by SkinActives (  http://www.skinactiv...-Ceramide.html)or a DIY Hyaluronic acid to protect the skin barrier and allow it to heal may do the trick.

I have a similar issue around the central part of my face in the winter when the air is so dry and this does the trick for me.

Good luck!

• Needs references x 1

#8 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:22 AM

I have been seeing similar red splotches on my face lately. And I have deduced it to two things. 

1-Mild Inflammation from slight deviation of diet, but I am very ify about this cause. Either way I am upping the ant-inflammatories. Such as MSM, Fish oil and Aloe Vera juice (100% pure).

2-Cold wind bombarding my face and causing a temporary inflammation to the epidermal layer. I have upped my skin protection by covering my face almost entirely, and making sure I am wearing a mask that generates heat from my own breathing to counter the cold winds effect. 

#9 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:19 AM

Also, eliminate wheat products and see how that helps within a month or two. 

• Disagree x 1

#10 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

Go to a laser clinic doctor and see if they suggest any laser treatment for it. I have seen worse discoloration examples corrected by lasers.

• Disagree x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#11 infinityXme

• 51 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

The extreme dryness makes me wonder if it is related to either Rosacea or a break in the skin barrier or Transepidermal Water Loss.  If it's the latter than using a product like Every Lipid Serum by SkinActives (  http://www.skinactiv...-Ceramide.html)or a DIY Hyaluronic acid to protect the skin barrier and allow it to heal may do the trick.

I have a similar issue around the central part of my face in the winter when the air is so dry and this does the trick for me.

Good luck!

I agree with this. It sounds like loss of moisture and hyaluronic acid serum can help as it helps skin retain water. I'd also try a vitamin C serum. Use the hyaluronic serum first and then the vitamin C serum.

• Disagree x 1

#12 Cat33

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:49 PM

Before giving any recommendations, it would be important to know what your current skin routine looks like.

Otherwise, we can only guess what causes this condition.

#13 HapG

• 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

Hi, looks like seb derm. Seborrheic dermatitis. Could be both rosacea and seb derm - as they can coexist.

#14 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

Soak your face in Epson salt.
  • Needs references x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users