- - - - -

Faster learning+brain shutdown.

adrafinil+noopept+cannabis+sleep

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Yume

• 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

Hello There! Sorry if this post is in the wrong section or "Timewasting" It's my first post and i'll learn from experience.

I'll try to make this short. I am 26, I very recently (2 weeks ago) received an unexpected job writting code in PHP. I've casually studied computers for about 10 years but nothing close to being competent in any programming languages. This job is an incredible opportunity if I can just catch up to the rest of the team in my knowledge.

Knowing that I have to learn as much as possible quickly, I did some research and ordered my first nootropics. I am planning to do a stack of Adrafinil and Noopept. My noots have not arrived yet and while waiting for them I have noticed some slightly concering things. I have started getting headaches, daily. My thinking is maybe not enough Choline? I'm increasing my egg intake to see if that helps. I have also noticed that it's getting very hard to sleep. I have never had a problem sleeping, so much that I originally ordered Adrafinil because I think I may be borderline narcoleptic. Now at night, it's impossible to stop thinking. My brain just keeps going over code. I wake up in the middle of the night realizing that I was dreaming about writing "If statements". It sometimes literally feels like my brain is going to explode from learning too much too quickly.

I have been a extremely heavy cannabis user, although I was trying to stop so that I have more brain power for learning. Not even the cannabis is helping me sleep any better.

Does anyone have any extra tips on how to learn as fast as possible while making my brain feel in control? How to safetly shut down my brain at night? Any noot advice?

Thank you to everyone in advance!

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:48 AM

Hi There,

Congratulations on your new job. 

My advice is this:

- Stop noopept and adrafinil, these are not good for your situation.

- Take cerebrolysin (bdnf for new learning)

- Use melatonin at night and follow good sleep hygiene (no bright lights before bed, bright light in morning. Google SAD syndrome and melatonin suppression.)

- Meditate before you start studying (min 10 mins) and make sure you're active at least everyday (light exercise and occasional weight lifting and HIIT.)

• Agree x 1

#3 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

I think possibly you are having trouble sleeping from excitement / stress / pot "withdrawal". Maybe the headaches too.

If you find long-term melatonin use doesn't agree with you, you can also try taurine, theanine, magnesium, or lavender for sleep.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Yume

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

Thanks you! I appreciate the advice. I'm currently looking into buying cerebrolysin. I will say i'm a little nervous about doing those injections, I have a slight phobia of needles, but i'm really willing to try anything for an added boost.

#5 mayling

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

Hi There,

Congratulations on your new job.

My advice is this:

- Stop noopept and adrafinil, these are not good for your situation.

- Take cerebrolysin (bdnf for new learning)

- Use melatonin at night and follow good sleep hygiene (no bright lights before bed, bright light in morning. Google SAD syndrome and melatonin suppression.)

- Meditate before you start studying (min 10 mins) and make sure you're active at least everyday (light exercise and occasional weight lifting and HIIT.)

Why not noopept?
Noopept stimulates the expression of BDNF and NGF..

#6 Debaser

• 108 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

This sounds like a combination of computer screen insomnia and anxiety/stress about your new job. In my opinion adrafinil is one of the worst things you could take at a time like this. While it might help with your focus, beware that it is long acting, could increase your anxiety, and make it even more difficult to sleep. It might also make you need to go to the toilet more often the first time you take it. It's really not something you want to experiment with when starting a new job. You're better turning up fresh and with a good night's sleep.

Noopept could help you with learning if you get the dosage right.

#7 pampoenkop

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hi

Look after the basics first:

Diet(Just a basic healthy diet) and exercise(little bit of cardio/little bit of resistance)

You get the most gain for your money and a lot of the time much more effect than noots will give you.

Use noots later if you have the basics covered and want to experiment or fine tune.

• Good Point x 1

#8 Yume

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

I really appreciate everyone's advice. I have been meditating and doing yoga every day, which has helped tremendously. I am trying to optimize my diet but it's been a little overwhelming since everyone seems to disagree on exactly what to eat and what not to, except avoiding heavily processed foods of course. I have stopped taking adrafinil, although mainly due to the high price tag. Once again, thank you to everyone, I am very happy to be a part of this community!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users