- - - - -

Help! Main Account Won't Post

help

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Helpmemymainaccountisbroke

• 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

I started this account because my main account has a massive bug that prevents me from posting, it tells me that I have exceeded 4 posts per day and I cant post anymore until March 2016. This randomly came out of the blue, and when I looked at my profile stats everything looks fine, 26 posts and 1 topic started. But when I open a new tap it welcomes me back and tells me i have 363 posts, 26 topics started and 13.33 posts per day(Meaning I started this account 27 days ago), but I started this account 2 days ago. Also when I go to my account stats again it says 26 posts and in the posts tab it shows my posts and no extra ones so my account is def not hacked. My main account is TheWorldAroundUs.

I'm not sure if its against the rules to start another account but I'm only doing this because I couldn't post with the other one. Could an Admin or Moderator plz help me!! I really like this site and I don't want to have to wait 2 years to post again.

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

No, the message tells you that you have 4 posts per day, until you have been with us for over a year.
Dual accounts are forbidden This is made absolutely clear during signup.
You have been banned for 30days only because you were affected in the middle of posting.
Other users will be banned permanently if they try to circumvent the restriction.

#3 Avatar of Horus

• 241 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

No, the message tells you that you have 4 posts per day, until you have been with us for over a year. ...

I don't know but isn't this only 4 posts/for a year restriction too few/long a bit?
  • Good Point x 3
  • Agree x 2

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:20 AM

Perhaps the warning message could be changed?  How about

You have reached your daily posting limit of 4 posts.  You can post again in 24 hours.   

Edited by niner, 29 January 2015 - 03:27 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#5 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

Whats the background? What a harsh rule. The forums I mod have similar restrictions but they usually only apply to linkposts and topic-starts.

The system seems broken by the way, after making one post I am informed that I have 1 remaining post for today. 1 post counted for 4 posts??

Edited by Cosmicalstorm, 29 January 2015 - 05:43 AM.

• Agree x 5

#6 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

I totally agree with Cosmicalstorm. It's a very rude policy. If its purpose is to combat spam, there are better ways to do that.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

4 posts is too low. IMO.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

4 posts is too low. IMO.

Is this restriction new, or just recently put into place?

I've never seen it before on mine, and I remember posting well over 8 posts / day , several times I've been on here.

It also impacts the ability to get anywhere with group buys, and other such significant things I am doing here.

I would definitely at least bump it up a few, or at least for members like me who have been here for a while.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#9 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

It was put in place today... and here goes my last post today.

• Well Written x 2

#10 Jun Han

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

I'd really like to know more about the reasoning for this implementation, and whether will this actually achieves that reasoning.
I've contributed quite a fair bit with really extensively-researched posts, and now I'm limited by a number of posts merely due to seniority rather than credibility or ratings.
  • Good Point x 5

#11 Skyguy2005

• 291 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:19 AM

I'd really like to know more about the reasoning for this implementation, and whether will this actually achieves that reasoning.
I've contributed quite a fair bit with really extensively-researched posts, and now I'm limited by a number of posts merely due to seniority rather than credibility or ratings.

"4 posts? This is madness!!?" :|o

"THIS... IS... SPARTA  LONGECITY" :mad:

• Agree x 1

#12 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

I definitely agree that the 4 posts per day limit is unreasonable. But for those that feel they have a real need to post more frequently than that, particularly those conducting group buys, an annual membership is only $25...

• Agree x 1

#13 Jun Han

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

I definitely agree that the 4 posts per day limit is unreasonable. But for those that feel they have a real need to post more frequently than that, particularly those conducting group buys, an annual membership is only $25...

When we're trying to contribute to questions and post citations that others missed, those are contributions not for one's self. When I have to pay to help people, it just don't feel right.
  • Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 1

#14 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

Did they change it back or are limits still there?

#15 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

I will see about raising the limit soon. I agree that it is too low. I did not set the limit, but I apologize for all the inconvenience. I appreciate the quality posting that members and users have made through the years.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users