- - - - -

Some experiences I had with ashwagandha since I just tried it recently here

ashwagandha relaxation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:47 AM

The last few days I tried it for the first time after seeing so much about it here.

The product I used is this

https://www.swansonv...mg-60-veg-caps Swanson Ultimate Ashwagandha.  250mg standardized to 5% withanolides.

I didn't want to take the full capsule at once so I opened it and put like a third of it or so in some water worrying a bit about a high dose.  I had eaten already and was taking this after.  I felt a good sense of relaxation for about 3.5 hours or so.  THen on the following day I had extra anxiety.

A few days later I took the rest.  FOr this one I didn't eat yet so I put it in some tea.  WIthin 35 minutes I felt very relaxed, but the sensation only lasted for about 45 minutes and then was gone.  The next day I had much more anxiety than usual.

I don't know too much about this herb but it definitely makes me feel something.  But with the anixiety the next day I don't know how often I will do.

• WellResearched x 1

#2 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

Over the last few weeks I used it a few more times and wanted to update this.

Last week I took 125mg in tea and noticed a little relaxation.  The next day I took the rest and felt nothing.  A week later I took 250mg and felt nothing.

Perhaps tolerance builds very quickly, or maybe the first dose was just weird, or maybe the amount is not consistent

• unsure x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

Does this happen to other people here with less pronounced effects every performance?

#4 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

didnt you say you are doing meditation for that sort of thing?  why take ashwagandha anyway?

Edited by normalizing, 17 May 2015 - 08:48 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

Just wanted to share my own experience as well. Took 2 caps of Ashwagandha Extract from Gaia Herbs one night around dinnertime and 1 capsule the next morning. The box says each capsule contains 183mg of organic extract and 167mg of ecologically harvested extract equivalent to 2,700mg of dry herb. That day I was unable to keep my focus while studying. I felt like my ADHD-type symptoms were intensified considerably. I was unable to read full articles without becoming antsy and quickly switching to Facebook or some funny image website. I guess you could call this anxiety, or at least stemming from anxiety. But this experience was not what I expected. About a year ago, Ashwagandha gave me borderline euphoria after just one night, the type where you have a stupid smile on your face for no reason at all. I cant explain the disparity in my experiences.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ashwagandha, relaxation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users