Does noopept really works?

noopept

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zedmor

• 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

Hi!

I am currently trying to find a ways to improve my cognitive abilities. Looking into nontropical drugs one thing constantly been bothering me, most of them designed in Russia and proved only by publications in Russian journals. My wife and me from Russia (now living in US) and she is a scientist so I know from first hand that Russian science is a bull*** mostly.

Although lacking other options, since stimulants is never an answer (you basically use some power from tomorrow today) and modafinil is Rx only I decided to fill a lack in nootropics study and make one myself.

Materials and methods

I am going to do comparison study where I will try to compare noopept 6 mg PO + 100 mg caffeine (A) against 100 mg caffeine (placebo) (B) in blind study. So protocol is follows:

I will make 28 pills randomly distributed with 14 A and 14 B. I will take one pill during my morning wash every other 3 days. After 2 hour after taking it I will take 14 tests from http://www.cambridge.../browse/popular(14 tests make out their IQ test and I believe it's pretty good in terms of what I am trying to measure) and will put my scores into spreadsheet.

After 28 * 3 days I will give spreadsheet with scores and type of pill I took to my wife, so she could find any correlation between pill I took and effect (or lack of). Before giving out data I will randomize A and B in spreadsheet so she would not know on what occasions I took placebo so she could be unbiased when analyzing a data, she will only know days when I took same drug but not which one is control. So if as a result we would find that my scores was statistically better on days that I took noopept with caffeine, that would be strong evidence of cognitive improvement by this drug. If we would find that my results rose in time significantly that would be a weak (prob. very weak) evidence since taking same tests every 3 days would make me improve doing so but would not be a strong evidence of drug working. Although if my results would rose for more that 10-15% that could be considered as interesting finding.

Thoughts?

Edited by Zedmor, 05 February 2015 - 08:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users