Language learning and Valproate

valproate language learning chinese absolute pitch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Namkcalb

• 30 posts
  • 5 â‚®

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

I have been learning Chinese for a long while, but my accent and tones are terrible.

It was recently found that small doses of Valproic Acid can help adults learn perfect pitch. 

Mastering absolute pitch should be useful, and I have hundreds of hours of structured material to make sure I master it. (mostly SRS audio sentances)

Can any of you recommend any other chemicals to help me safely soak up the sentances whilst I take Valproic acid?

I won't proceed with this self experimentation for at least a month, I've heard Valproate is antinootropic in many ways, so I need to get other stuff done beforehand.

#2 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts
  • 3 â‚®

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:29 AM

This is very interesting to me, I have a deep love of language(s). Unfortunately I have no info for you, but I would love to hear the results of your little experiment.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Flex

• 1,629 posts
  • 149 â‚®

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

You could in theory get the same effects by other HDAC2 inhibitors, if You are thinking of the article from the News.

http://www.longecity...dac-and-others/

Obliviously no guarantee that they will work.

Edited by Flex, 17 February 2015 - 11:25 PM.

#4 Namkcalb

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts
  • 5 â‚®

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:13 AM

This is very interesting to me, I have a deep love of language(s). Unfortunately I have no info for you, but I would love to hear the results of your little experiment.

Thanks.  I'm not 100% sure I could produce results applicable to non-tonal languages.  

I am planning to do three before and after tests.

One, a tone (pitch shift) recognition test.

Two, sharing a video of me speaking twenty randomly-selected  grammatically correct Chinese sentances and have Chinese people transcribe it.  (testing pronunciation, which is unfortunately inseparable from tone in Chinese),

Three, chatting with native speaker friends, some with language teaching backgrounds.  (subjectively testing pronunciation+tone, grammar and fluency.)

Only test two would produce reliable results for learning Chinese but if test one also shows a significant effect, it would potentially invalidate test two's applicability to non-tonal languages as the greater comprehensability could have just been due to improved "tones".

You could in theory get the same effects by other HDAC2 inhibitors, if You are thinking of the article from the News.

http://www.longecity...dac-and-others/

Obliviously no guarantee that they will work.

Is HDAC the same as HDAC2?  If so, then if I fail to get a prescription for valproate, I'll give Chinese goldthread a try.

Edited by Namkcalb, 26 February 2015 - 01:13 AM.

#5 Namkcalb

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts
  • 5 â‚®

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:56 AM

:( I can't get a prescription for valproate.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Flex

• 1,629 posts
  • 149 â‚®

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

Sry for my lat response, had some turbulent weeks.

Valporate is an incredibly ditry drug, means that it affects many targets int the Brain & body which isnt allways good.

HDAC is segmented into class i (means actually 1) ii and iii

E.g. class i consists of HDAC- 1,2,3 and 8

So if You use a class i inhibitor, You´ll blocking all of the 1,2,3, & 8.

I get sometimes confused with HDAC1 and class i, so I might be sometimes mistaken.

As said I cant say whether it will act as a HDAC in the body or respectively in the Brain.

Those guys are planning to get the potent HDAC class I & II inhibitor vorinostat:

CL-994: capable of removing traumatic memories and persisting anxiety? (And resulting persistent attention problems?)

http://www.longecity...problems/page-6

I guess those guys would be able to tell the difference, if one of them tries Chinese goldthread after the Vorinostat.

If you´re interrested to participate: 

Be carefull about possible scams/frauds, because this has already happened.

Pay with paypal and use the customer option + fee and not the Family & friends, otherwise its not insured.

If I remeber correctly, the insurance lasts for 4 weeks, so pay only then when the "Voluntary distributor" has it almost sended. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: valproate, language learning, chinese, absolute pitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users