Phenibut against ADHD - experiences only

phenibut adhd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AOLministrator

• 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

So short summary: some claim phenibut is kind of nootropic and kind of anti-ADHD, but research on this sucks balls big time and is not even worth googling. Most people take it against anxiety, against which it is also prescribed in Russia. Conventional wisdom is to only take it once a week max. Some people say it is a lot like benzos, some say it is almost identical to baclofen, some say it is more GHB-alike, all say withdrawal sets in super-fast. HL is 8 hours, effects set in after 1-3 hours. People take all kinds of dosages from 0.25g to 8g, for all kinds of reasons, and none of them make sense consistently. It messes on GABA-B as well as GABA-A in higher dosage (like 1.5-2g+ if you believe in trip reports) and also always does some dopamine magic.

So my question: If you have ADHD, have you tried it, what serious stimulants do you take (including nicotine), do you have issues with anxiety, how when what is your style of usage? Low dosage, high dosage? Only weekends?

My profile: 28, 83kg, male, aspergers, ADHD, politoxicomania, kind of schizoid, schizophrenic tendencies that virtually never manifest, a weird person, no anxiety problem, chewing nicotine gum regularly, Selegiline 2.5mg/day, very healthy

My experience: I just took 1g on empty stomach, 1.5 hours later and I notice some kind of change but it is not really impressive and it is nothing alike baclofen, benzos or GHB, not at all. Also I can't agree with any of the reported effects, other than that I feel less impulsive somehow (= kind of nootropic). This was already so after maybe 15 minutes of taking only 250mg initially. Otherwise: Frustrated maybe, not caring as much about details and doing it all correctly - due to just emotional reasons it seems. Rather "unsatisfied", not intoxicated not mind-fogged not slowed down not calm not memory-impaired and what not effects are claimed to be usual with 1g.

Hope lead me to believe that maybe taking only 50mg a day or whatever makes some sense.

Edited by Aolministrator, 16 February 2015 - 04:59 PM.

#2 AOLministrator

• Topic Starter
  • 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

[This post was just to check how much the clock is off on longecity, compared to my local time. The lack of a delete button makes you see this message. Also I would have supplemented my original post with this information, if I had the ability to edit it: I feel more agitated and alert now 2.5 hours after usage, and a whole lot less emotional and reward-seeking/impulsive. But this was not relevant enough to start a new post.]

Edited by Aolministrator, 16 February 2015 - 05:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

Can't be sure but primaforce phenibut has rarely been usefull for those kind of issues...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phenibut, adhd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users