- - - - -

Selegiline/Deprenyl and DL phenylalanine

selegiline smart drugs ii

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ron45

• 207 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

I got a perscription for this after showing my personal Dr. the section is Smart Drugs 11. After being on it a while I was reading back thru the area of the book and read that the studies with the best results used large doses of Phenylalanine. Six or seven grams.  I had a bunch of that sitting around, I discontinued all the noot stuff to see how the selegiline was. Actually what I had was DL phenylalanine on the advice of the Chemist from Smart Drugs II. He said it was easier to take orally because it was kind of sweet tasting. I don't have much trouble with bitter stuff but anyway,  I began taking 8 double ot caps when I took the selegiline. It seemed like the DL P was more noticable than the selegiline. Or it enhanced the activity of the selegiline. Has anyone else found this to be useful. Are the other phenylalanines better or worse at helping the selegiline help my brain chemistry. It's mentioned in S.D. II that it is the only drug that had a protective/rejuvenative action on a small part of the brain called `somethig' niger or nigera.... something like that, where dopamine is produced. I hope I'm remembering that correctly. Wiki didn't mention slelgiline's alledged protective activities in that area of the brain at all. Perhaps Mr. Fowkes was mistaken. Is anyone familiar with these claims and know if they are true or not.

Ron

#2 zaratoo

• 30 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

I thought it's quite an obvious combination. DLPA gives you raw material for DA and PEA production and Selegiline inhibits their nemesis - MAO-B. There're also anecdotes of using Chocamine or good chocolate in conjunction with Sel for PEA effects. I myself believe DLPA+Sel is good enough and going to add them as a long term staple to regimen as soon as I have opportunity.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selegiline, smart drugs ii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users