- - - - -

Question about signing up

cryonics pets local help rider acs questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Serenity013

• 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

Hello, I'm new & have a couple of questions I haven't been able to find answers to, if anyone can help.

I think I'm going to sign up w either ACS or CI. Any thoughts on whether ACS is a good idea? I made a paypal payment & mailed the form in to ACS for the $28 trial membership about two weeks ago, and I've emailed them several times and received no response. I found some blog that talked about a guy from ACS giving a small amount of company funds to some girl he was having cybersex with?? Although I couldn't find any comment from ACS about that. I'm rethinking wanting to join with them though since I've received no response & they took my money.

Second question.... On the CI website it implies you should find a local funeral director to help you. Does that mean I have to, like, cold call funeral homes & ask if they will help freeze me when I die? And since I'm only 29 I should keep checking in with them every couple years just to make sure they will still do it? Yuck!

Last question... I'm going to have my dog preserved. Is there any kind of written instructions for veterinarians? The CI institute said to give herapin & package in ice. Give chest compressions if the vet will do it. But there's so much that goes into human preparation I feel like there's got to be more I can ask them to do. A blood washout maybe?
And also do I just like call fedex & ups ask them how fast they will ship my frozen dog to Michigan? Yuck again.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

#2 YOLF

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:40 AM

Please be sure that you fill out the unofficial questionnaire (hover for details), you'll get an invite to our weekly google hangout (11:30AM pacific time). 

1. I was previously unaware of anything happening at ACS. Do you have a link?

2. When you become a cryonicist (full member of CI or Alcor) you get a steel wristlet or necklace and a wallet card with instructions. Assuming you aren't going to die any time soon, you really won't need to worry about it much. Paramedics/EMTs will follow the instructions and be coached over the phone on how to handle you. Cryonics is most often done with "standby support" and includes a team coming to you for your preservation. Field cryopreservation kits are also sent out to areas where they will be needed iminently and will improve the preservation. Technologies will more than likely improve greatly by the time you need cryonics.

3. CI recently updated their site. But they do have information regarding the process that can be used for training. I'm sure they can accommodate your wishes, but the price will probably increase.

4. Bodies are shipped on dry ice, I'm not sure who the carrier would be. You can call CI and talk to Andy for all the details.

#3 dennis

• 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

>Does that mean I have to, like, cold call funeral homes & ask if they will help freeze me when I die? And since I'm only 29 I should keep checking in with them every couple years just to make sure they will still do it?

Additionally you can team up will local cryonicists (Who - btw are you your best bet - even better that your family members) who might do all necessary steps - in case you die.

CI also offers the services of Suspended Animation - a company that does standby for an additional cost.

You may email me and I could talkt to you Skype and answer all your  questions.

Dennis

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cryonics, pets, local help rider, acs, questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users