- - - - -

Is it norepinephrine?

anxiety jumpiness irritability cognitive function norepinephrine cortisol

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tree93

• 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:54 AM

I'm an anxious person, always have been. THe problem i've been having lately is periods of fatigue during the day, especially when I eat sugar, and a very fight-or-flight feeling that's on and off all day long, which I associate with tension in my neck and parts of my scalp. I think this is norepinephrine being too high. I also tend to feel my most creative/productive/awake/social after 8pm. This part has been an issue my whole life, I love night time but it makes it harder to socialize at work/school because I'm either an irritable slug or I'm actively assessing the danger around me unconsciously, ready to make a run for it. And then I reach my cognitive peak long after I'm expected to perform. I honestly feel dumbed down during the day and very bright at night, it sucks. Anyone else experienced with this? Are these symptoms associated with a common issue, or is the problem different altogether.

My current goal is to cut down on sugar as much as possible, which has been very difficult so far in the past month, I'll do great two days and fall off the wagon big time... My body feels like it needs the sugar to feel energized.

I also plan tocut out stimulants such as caffiene.. employ adaptogens that can calm me down, could use advice on these, but so far reishi and eleuthero seem like good candidates.

\What about rhodiola? I know that can be stimulating, but also reduce stress and adrenal issues. Any supplements that will help? or other behavioral modifications? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxiety, jumpiness, irritability, cognitive function, norepinephrine, cortisol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users