• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Bupropion XL 150mg majorly helping with depression but having insane working memory lapses

bupropion memory

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Axmann8

• 63 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

I recently started taking an antidepresant regimen of 25 mg sertraline and 150 mg bupropion XL.

I believe the addition of bupropion has helped immensely in alleviating my depression and also with cutting down some of the loose bowel movements I was getting with sertraline.

Also, I don't know if this is significant, but I also take it with yet another drug with affinity for the dopamine transporter, 15mg dexmethylphenidate ER (Focalin XR)

What's interesting is that it doesn't seem to be impairing my cognition or memory in the academic setting. it just seems to be causing major lapses in working memory.

For example, shortly after starting, I forgot to wear my uniform for clinicals (I'm a nursing student), but still went to the hospital because I knew I had clinical that day. It just slipped my mind completely until I got to the hospital. This is unheard of from me, as I'm always very big on punctuality and being prepared for things. I notice myself forgetting very simple, stupid things (for example, I just went to put air in my tires, and kept looking back to see whether I put the cap back on the valve, RIGHT after I had just put it back on.

Is there anything I can do to mitigate this effect from bupropion? I'm guessing that this is mostly due to bupropion's antagonist effect at nicotinic acetylcholine receptors.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bupropion, memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users