Chem synthesis, Kappa antagonists?

ly2456302 synthesis kappa antagonists

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

I have been very intrigued by the potential of selective Kappa antagonists for a while, mainly for their potential in restoring hedonic tone.

LY2456302 seems like it could be a viable option, however there are no online sources for it, and I'm wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to where I may be able to have it synthesized?

Thank you

#2 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 01:37 AM

You need a lab or contact someone who can do custom synthesis, you'll need a university address or another "registered" location to ship to...usually sigma-aldreich type places can prove to be viable sources.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 VICREP

• Topic Starter
  • 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

You need a lab or contact someone who can do custom synthesis, you'll need a university address or another "registered" location to ship to...usually sigma-aldreich type places can prove to be viable sources.

Thanks Area-1255

I'm not sure how I would go being able to organize a chem synthesis then. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open on these forums, hopefully someone else with the connections becomes interested in a group buy for a Kappa Antagonist

#4 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

Thanks Area-1255

I'm not sure how I would go being able to organize a chem synthesis then. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open on these forums, hopefully someone else with the connections becomes interested in a group buy for a Kappa Antagonist

Why not just get amentoflavone? It's a potent natural kappa antagonist.

Flavonoids as Opioid Receptor Ligands: Identification and Preliminary Structure–Activity Relationships

Edited by Area-1255, 22 March 2015 - 05:47 PM.

#5 VICREP

• Topic Starter
  • 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

Thanks Area-1255

Flavonoids as Opioid Receptor Ligands: Identification and Preliminary Structure–Activity Relationships

Interesting......

"In contrast, amentoflavone had good activity at the κ opioid receptor with a Ke of 490 ± 150 nM"

How does this affinity compare to that of other kappa antagonists?

#6 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

Thanks Area-1255

Interesting......

"In contrast, amentoflavone had good activity at the κ opioid receptor with a Ke of 490 ± 150 nM"

How does this affinity compare to that of other kappa antagonists?

It's impressive considering it's a natural compound, but not the most potent affinity in the book...it would technically be classed as "moderate" affinity but because the opioid receptors are a "superfamily" and have molecular jurisdiction over 100s of physiological processes, that's pretty eye-opening for something natural.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#7 VICREP

• Topic Starter
  • 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:23 AM

It's definitely a notable find. Probably not going to have anywhere near the magnitude of effect I would like from a Kappa antagonist though. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ly2456302, synthesis, kappa antagonists

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users